American MilSim
Zone

Belt Question

So I've been running a battle belt for my primary sniper loadout for over two years now.  It works great, but I've always had problems with it digging into my hip after a long day of play.  At O:BH3 I had serious bruising afterwords, probably because I tend to run a pistol on my right side which pulls one side down more than the other, causing the belt to dig into my hip.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Does anyone have a DIY fix, or just know of a better belt I could use?  My current belt is the OPS Padded Molle Belt   http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/882/virtuemart_category_id/96

Thanks,

Zone

Guest Specs

If you are against running something like suspenders, then I'd go the HSGI battle belt route. That thing distributes hip weight like a dream.

That being said, I used to run my hydro in a deployment bag on the back of my belt which caused a lot of bruising. Suspenders helped a ton, and I even attached some clips to the bottom of my back panel on my pc once to clip onto the deployment bag for better weight distribution. Just gotta get creative sometimes.

I have thought about switching to a Suregrip, I've just been avoiding dropping the cash on it, haha.  I'm slightly confused on that lapd belt, is that supposed to go underneath a battle belt?

I'd also echo getting some suspenders if you choose to continue using the same battle belt. I run an Infidel War Belt from US Grunt Gear which I've found has great retention and doesn't bounce around all over my hips (I don't use suspenders) due to the velcro system they use. Like the HSGI, it's a bit pricey, but sometimes you have to drop the beans if you want the quality. Buy once, cry once. 

http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html

I also upgraded the buckle to a Cobra Buckle which I feel is more secure and durable than the plastic one most belts come with.

I also run a USGG infidel belt, but I also wear suspenders to bear the weight of an integrated chest panel and hydro pack.

The infidel is rock solid and doesn't move, since it attaches to a Velcro inner belt. The padding is perfect and it never feels off balance. Even when I am running, kneeling and going prone, there is 0 belt movement; which makes it faster to index mags and use a dump pouch as second nature.