American MilSim
Compfire

Excellent Sportsmanship

I wanted to share an excellent sportsmanship experience from last weekend.  I think too many of us on the forums focus on the negatives, but I would like share a very cool encounter that I had.  During a firefight against some UFS players Saturday afternoon, one of the players stopped shooting, put on his dead red rag, and started walking towards my position.  Usually when this happens, it is because a player wants to complain about something.  The UFS player asked who our SAW gunner was, which happened to be me.  At that point, he informed me that my BB’s were falling short of his position, and offered to help me adjust my hop up, right then and there.  I let him know that I could get it, but thanked him for his help.  He then returned to the field of play and re-engaged in the battle.   After the battle was over, he returned again to offer his help one more time.  This player’s call sign is Oddball from the Black Militia team (I think).  His outstanding level of sportsmanship is something we should ALL strive to accomplish each and every time we play.  Please share you stories of good sportsmanship with the rest of us.

I was going to say I thought that sounded like Oddball. Last year he carried actual casualty off the field in an emergency - He is Crazy as hell but Sportsmanship - He surprises us all 24/7 . He is one of the founders of BM and has grown up to be quite Operator - I will post this to the forum, and you sire are a class act for voicing this and bringing POSITIVES to the forum. He is also our team tech - He did tell me about this encounter later in the day. Honestly he wanted to fix your situation which s a true airsofter. Don't know many like him . Nice Play ODDBALL.

Compfire, I'd like to congratulate you.

You were the dude who I snuck up on right before Oddball showed up to help you with your gun, and you may be the most sincere earnest good natured player i've ever encountered. Strictly by the rules, honest, and most importantly, you called your hits, and understood why i couldn't safety kill you.

You sir, are a true milsim gentleman, and i salute you.

Comp and oddball are both real good people, these are the kinda guys that keep us striving to bring you the best events possible.

Thank you for this post.

Guest Specs

My story isn't so much sportsmanship, but understanding and support.

Saturday morning, UFS 3rd platoon headed toward Coleville and was pushed off into the trees by incoming CoST ambush fire. This fire not only sparked confusion, but sent us on a new path to Coleville through some particularly nasty steep terrain. But even when some of us were winded and nearly defeated, our command were consistently checking on our wellbeing the entire way, and doing water checks constantly. Thanks to you guys, and I apologize if I didn't get to the outer trenches of Coleville as fast as some of you other guys. Something new to strive for in my pre-event training I suppose.  ^_^

Blackbirds kind of a prick tho.  I don't like his beard.  It looks at me funny sometimes.

But at least my beard doesn't quote Voltaire.

Maybe I should start, so Wallace will become my Lucius Fox.

Compfire, I think I ran into you guys on Sunday. I had some of the Demon Hounds and guys from Bravo-1 UFS patrolling through to Pegasus bridge. We ran into about 7-10 of your guys, had a nice little firefight (which we lost), then we hung out a few minutes, cooled off and hydrated, and then went on our separate ways. That was a good time.