American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Parks

Video

Yeah I thought you could not medic inside a vehicle at all... ouch - no wonder taking out the vehicles with small arms fire seemed to be in god mode =)Live and learn

and I don't recall seeing SHAMAN as a class in the squad.

i will say we had our driver hit and our medic pulled him from the vehicle to a secure location (not in vehicle) to medic him. Silva witnessed this happen and said driver will confirm.

Oh dear.  I apologize for this kind of behavior.  I hope you guys called an admin when you saw this happening?  Appx 4:00 is when the medic frenzy starts - not excusing it, but my guess is the players are new and don't understand the rules very well.

I'll pass this along to AMS and have them discuss it with the players in question.

The gamblers run the truck the video is being taken in and the other small green toyota. Often times they have other teams hop in for transport. The gamblers are local to me and I didnt recognize anyone in the video. Im not excusing the lack of knowledge or disregard for the rules though.

As hard as staff tried with the briefings I dont believe the POV crews had a firm understanding of their guidelines. I think it would help a lot going forward if the provided a print out of all applicable rules and regs for each crew member to read and sign at check in. That way staff will have the ability to take a tougher stance against violations.

Ok, we will be dealing with this one in house.  I only recognize one of the dudes from this video.  If anyone recognizes the remainder, pleased forward me their names and we will discuss it with them.

Thanks.

Joe it was extensively talked about in the safety briefing about not medicing in vehicles. Sorry if you missed the meeting. But let's just say the medic rule gets thrown out here. No helmets in the bed of a truck, using other players bandages after someone was out, blind fire, self healing, dead players talking about tans position, hit shrugging, etc, etc

According to the Youtube comments , they feel they were legit in medic'g and are even defending via AMS rule sets with actual content from the rules...

Ok Here is my only thing I have to say about that...

If I get a gun hit, AMS says I am not dead... But if I get a gun hit I call myself dead, why , because nine times out of 10 if I got hit in the weapon for real... I would be dead or slightly injured... either way it kills my effectiveness.

Now... If I am in a vehicle that goes BOOM, GTFO out fight on foot. If I am Shot inside a vehicle - Well it has four walls. I am dead. Not bleeding out. In a standing still enclosure or one on wheels. I am dead no medic should be trying to heal me or bandaging themselves (This is not BF3)

And quite frankly if these guys WANT to DEFEND what they did in that truck and say IT WAS A GOOD INTERPETATION of the AMS rule set and what AMS believes in... You guys can jump in a lake. HONOR and Integrity should be your first and foremost RULESET... its not a guideline - Everyone knows its illegal to medic INSIDE - That's cause you could Medic all day long INSIDE , If people are arguing that its NOT defined right in the AMS rule set and you have to be a big enough D-Bag that you are willing to GIVE UP YOUR Honor and integrity ... Then F YOU and all you stand for. Go back to Battlefield or whatever Anal cavity you crawled out of to get to this point in your Milsim Career . This whole video makes REAL Milsim folks sic just to watch! Blantant rule violations and you have the audacity to defend it because its not CLEARLY Stated.... All I will say on this cause you sir will not ruin my BH3 Fun times.

You aint Operator enough to know your ass from your head or which one is stuck up which... Sorry had to get that out.

Joe it was extensively talked about in the safety briefing about not medicing in vehicles. Sorry if you missed the meeting. But let's just say the medic rule gets thrown out here. No helmets in the bed of a truck, using other players bandages after someone was out, blind fire, self healing, dead players talking about tans position, hit shrugging, etc, etc

Don't forget pre-tied bandage loops, those were pretty against the rules too.

Folks, I'm not the end all to be all on this. Yes there is some serious confusion.

Per the Rules for AMS: POV RULES: "N. Players shot inside a vehicle are follow the normal medic and re-spawn rules."

Now, alot are assuming that Vehicles where to be treated like Buildings. It doesn't say that in the rules. What WAS said though in the Safety Briefing, is you had to physically remove the person from the vehicle before you could medic them.  This safety briefing was the mandatory one every one had to make on Friday. If they didn't make it on friday they had a second on Saturday but I don't remember if this specific rule was covered Saturday. please correct me if I'm wrong. 

This did and was causing confusion, because it wasn't clear as if that was only for vehicle crew or passengers as well.

I don't see this as blatant cheating. It was a MISTAKE. One EASILY made by MANY people that weekend. Let up, enjoy the event, and move on lesson learned.

Many players did not pay attention to the POV portion of the safety rules because they where not using/Didn't bring a POV.

Even some POV drivers where confused on this aspect. Again folks, simple Mistake, just so happened this was caught on film, I don't feel they did it intentionally.

Events over, Hopefully every one had a great time. Who cares who won, or lost, Human mistakes are made, No reason to bash, insult or fling mud. 

I made mistakes out there. Had my driver go where we shouldn't admitted our mistake, took our penalty, apologized and played on. 

Its a Game. There is no reason to slander, insult, or belittle a person or group of people, over a mistake in a game. 

Of course just my opinion. 

Lex

I am not pissed they broke the rules... I am pissed they chose to Interpret the rules... Its a RULE. Period. If you have to spend the time on youtube to defend why you did it , Its unacceptable because after the fact you knew it was wrong but chose to defend those actions. That makes it a violation. People usually only do that when they get caught and try to justify it. That's what makes me mad. I am sure it wasn't on purpose but it looked very intentional after the fact to post the video and then defend it. Most people would have crushed the video and then went on to a different subject but instead its being defended as though its all good and awww shucks .... Now I am not one to whine and bitch about hit calling , but I was one of the ones shooting at this particular vehicle and I called my hits and took my walk back to Respawn. I don't have to defned my actions at all because they were honorable and according to the way the game is played. There is NO Defense at all for them to do it, and yes It has come out there were POV violations on both sides. Shouldn't happen either way from either team... but to defend it is out right disrespectful. That's all I am saying and now I will crush it and not post on this thread, hopefully it will die and go away =)

The persons in this video seen medicing will be emailed, the rules will be discussed, and they will be given a warning. I gently ask that everyone ceases the side panels and discussions and let us take care of it. I am quite sure there will be more videos and stories posted of other teams, and they will be spoken to in turn. This incident was apparently not uncommon and I see no point in ganging up on a couple individuals that appear to be young and/or new to the sport. I would ask that if you do see a video or picture of a CoST member doing the same to please let me know and I will personally deal with it. There is no point in airing dirty laundry. Thank you all for understanding :)

V/R

Dave

May I please add one final note?

I was separated from my team,The Instigators, before the game even started (pre-game gun trouble at our FOB). I had the honor of riding with The Gamblers for what turned out to be the rest of the day. I was impressed by their love of the game and sportsmanship. At no time did I observe anything other than honorable behavior from any Gambler. I think MOST of the players in the back of the vehicle were young, probably new to AMS and, to the best of my knowledge, none of them were members of The Gamblers.

Thank you. I wanted to defend the honor of my hosts.

I can confirm that the only member of the Gamblers present in the rear compartment of our truck was Ronin, the guy in the OD helmet opposite the cameraman. The rest of these guys, I do not recognize, and I've been running with the Gamblers since their inception.

What we should take from this video is that there is some confusion about the medic rules with regard to vehicles, and that it would be a good idea to review them for clarity's sake. If people are at fault for breaking the rule, but have a reason they think their action is justified, it suggests that there are either extenuating circumstances that need addressed, or that the rule needs to be more in-depth to cover more possible scenarios. Do passengers in a troop transport count as vehicle crew? Personnel in the cab definitely do, but in the case of the deuces and our Power Wagon (vehicle in the video), the new drag rules would make it dangerous to bodily carry wounded players for risk of dropping them.

Just two cents from a guy who loved the new rules in practice but would also like to see a little more clarity.

When it comes down to retying bandages, and using other players bandages, not pulling a dead rag out right away, do we really need to talk about it that much? Oh, that guy borrowed a bandage from his friend, he is not playing fair. That guy only waited 4 min 30 sec to bleed out. Is it really that big of a deal? Call your hits, keep your eyepro on, and I wouldn't recommend walking when hit without your dead rag on, unless you want to get re-shot. We can't monitor every little detail without chewing somebody out every five minutes. Yes, its annoying when you shoot someone and he doesn't call his hits. I had it happen more than once at BH3. I know. But we can't get all worked up about.

Guest Specs

I like to call this video count the hackers. My favorite part is the very end when they tell the medic to put bandages on himself.

That kid at 1:54 needs to learn what "full seal" means. A BB could easily make it into those...

When it comes down to retying bandages, and using other players bandages, not pulling a dead rag out right away, do we really need to talk about it that much? Oh, that guy borrowed a bandage from his friend, he is not playing fair. That guy only waited 4 min 30 sec to bleed out. Is it really that big of a deal? Call your hits, keep your eyepro on, and I wouldn't recommend walking when hit without your dead rag on, unless you want to get re-shot. We can't monitor every little detail without chewing somebody out every five minutes. Yes, its annoying when you shoot someone and he doesn't call his hits. I had it happen more than once at BH3. I know. But we can't get all worked up about.

you make an interesting point, and to some of this, i agree with you, but there's a difference between using a friend's bandage, and using a bandage that has already been used on aforementioned friend.

Also: We absolutely need to be making a big freakin' stink about eyepro. I saw too many M-frames missing helo kits this weekend.

But I also think to some degree it's important to get a bit worked up about this, sure there's a point where it goes too far (and I won't name names, but I know we've all seen it from a certain few people on the forum the last few days) but what that is is passion for the game. if we all decide its not with bitching about, then the level of honor and integrity starts to degrade, and we may as well be paintballers.

SO yes. it's important.

I agree on not reusing bandages, once a bandage is tied it should not be removed until you reach a respawn unit. And on eyepro especially, we certainly need to make sure players have good eyepro and keep it on. I did not mean we shouldn't discuss rules, but not to be angry every time someone makes a mistake. Its easy to forget small things, I just don't think we should slander people, even if it looks like they are doing it intentionally, which is what this thread seams to be about. Tell them, and if they do it again tell an admin.

I guess there is more pointing out of mistakes in this thread than anything, which is good. They may just not know that they were disobeying the rules.