American MilSim
Junior16

Praise/Complaint/Request

AMS and fellow Airsofters,

Right of the bat I would like to say that the two events I have attended, ESR19-2 and BH3 were AWESOME! I love going to AMS events. They are very well organized, and the staff certainly work hard. I would go to more if I could. Which leads us to the complaint. No, its not about rules, or someone not calling their hits, nothing like that. It is that AMS has only 3 events that Minors can go to. (ESR-19, BH3, and B/G) I would love to see another event this year that Minors can go to. If Blue Grey is being held I will probably travel to be there, but I do not see it on the upcoming events list. I would pay 500$ in gas or plane ticket to get to an AMS event. (Which I can do because I have a full-time job.  The joys of homeschooling. :) ) Now I know that these events take a lot of time, money and effort. You certainly aren't going to create an event because one minor is unhappy. That is why I now want to invite all minors who would like to see this happen to post about it below. Thanks everyone for your consideration in reading this post, and hope to play with ya'll soon!

Junior16 out, Wichita KS

PS Thanks for the high five at BH3 Big Silva! :) Now I just need to get one from JP.

also: you won't be a minor forever.

Patience padawan. The milsim is strong in you. sometimes, minor vs no minors is an issue out of event hosts hands. I've been helping with events in my local community for a while, and sometimes when scouting potential fields and AO's this is an issue I've encountered and you just can't do anything about it. AMS is such a badass group of dudes, that they just can't turn down those kickass AO's cuz of not allowing minors.

But one day, you'll be old enough, and you'll be able to kick ass just the same on these new places.

Guest Specs

Yeah I've been hearing about a lot of younger dudes at the AO. Now that I think of it, when I ran with C3 at RY, one of the guys had his younger son with him. Kid couldn't have been older than 15. So I'm sure there's a way, even if it means you just have to have a legal guardian on site.

I was under the idea RY had to be 18 or LEGAL guardian of the kid you brought. IE LEGAL guardian with paperwork because its on a base but I could have been misinformed.

But if its not that way , I would be interested in the rules of that AO because I wouldn't mind taking one of mine.

By legal guardian do they mean playing with you or just present at the site, such as the campground. My dad has been talking about SAWs, but I don't know if he will play yet or not.

Well hes 50...something. So he will fit right in. :) I would love to get him playing, we shall see! The stoner may be a little out of his price range though.