AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

Well there is no MED for riflemen. My teammate only shot once out of courtesy to you. He believes he hit you. In truth he did not have to accept your saftey, but in the spirit of sportmanship my buddy and I told him to just call it. He wasnt happy and said he should have shot a few more times since you didnt take it. That said though it all worked out and no grudges are held. That was also my second favorite firefight. You guys rolled in with atleast two vehicles and tons of infantry. I fired nearly my entire combat load and the support gunner was dry. It was intense.

no min distance...noted (didn't catch that in the rules but you are correct on that)....only shot once out of courtesy when my face is three feet away and the only thing to shoot at...noted...did not have to take the saftey kill...noted.  I will make sure next time to dump the mag into his face, is that the answer?  Again, spirit of the rules.  You don't shoot at someone on purpose in the face when they are right on top of you.  Accidents happen, and I will keep assuming that is what this was, even though his comments make it sound like he shot at my face from three feet away on purpose.  We are supposed to be watching out for each other.  You mention in the spirit of sportsmanship...how is shooting someone in the face "a few more times" in that spirit?

Noted he didn't have to take my saftey kill, but I didn't have to offer him the saftey kill either, I could have shot back when his face was really the only thing I had to shoot at too...works both ways.  There would have been a major issue had he shot again after I offered the saftey kill at that range.

He thinks he hit me???  Had he hit me I would have been bleeding and screaming on the ground!!  My face was the only thing in the window...you would have known if I would have been hit.  I do appreciate you guys asking him to take the saftey.  I personally think it was the right thing.  I would have taken the hit had he hit me, and I am thankful he missed at that range.  I will have to go back to the camera footage I have, but I think he may have dry fired...I don't remember any impact sounds at all when he shot...i will take a look tonight.

I think in light of the rules, best thing would have been for both of us to parlay out of that situation.  If roles are reversed, I would hope I would have had the discipline to call out a safey kill at that range, but I might have been startled and fired, just as I hope he was.  No hard feelings, no harm done...cept for the friendly fire....lol

I was wondering how much longer you guys could have held out...there was a LOT of return fire coming back at us...

Much more than face was visible, I was there too. Good game.

could be you had a better angle than I did.  I will review film to see.  Either way, it was fun!