American MilSim

Out of likes, but this ^^^^^!

Barring the one or two on here who seemed locked in their own world, I had a blast running with all of you... green and tan alike. Great game! The beauty of this game was watching each team focus on their particular strategy: UFS went for territory, while CoST went for objectives. As a result, the numbers are close; regardless of who finishes with the most points, we all got a chance to rain plastic on each other for a weekend. Focus on the positive, and let's look forward to the next one!

ECR WARNO only had generic information in it - not particularly useful (which is why it wasn't posted), but any information can be used.

Probably :)

Ya. you got the wrong one. ;)  and nothing secret is ever written down  common. ;).  Its a marine thing,  brief the troops at the time of the mission.

We had a mass push from the north down to Pegasus.  We basically abandoned the entire western half of the map and sent everyone available.  I really don't think there was an admin drop from behind (I was on command comms all day and don't recollect this), but I'm not privy to everything.  The west half of the field is pretty good for wide flanks, though it takes a while to traverse.

West flank takes 3.5 min in a vechile doing 10mph.  that is not a long time..

Sunday was a bad day for CoST.  From what I've read, CoST was severely outnumbered and I know for a fact that one of CoST's vehicles had broken down for the last two hours of the game.  I congratulate UFS on their amazing gameplay throughout the event and I also acknowledge how well CoST did with what they had throughout the entire game.  Both teams played well on the ground and, even though there was some incidents with UFS vehicles that most everyone knows of, I had a lot of fun in the end and I met some amazing people.  I find some of the propaganda posts fun to read but I don't take them seriously.  The only thing that matters is we had fun, met awesome people, and walked away with memories we will share for years.  Seriously, a lot of people need to just chill out and enjoy the laughs and good times.  There isn't a reason to stir up drama just because someones feelings got offended just a little.  No reason people should be taking this kind of stuff that seriously!

Ecr lost one vechile to break downs Sunday also and we pulled our vechiles from action around noon that day..  to help green get a good fight in.  we were going to assualt the green fob which we abandoned after seeing how the fight was going, and Mike stoped us from flanking the airfiend on Sunday afternoon to try to not roll the green lines at the airfield..   All in all we are here for a fight.  and we LOVE to be on the losing end because we get so much more fight when we are out numbered...

Funny, didn't see the 5 page shit talking thread get locked? Just saying. And time for me to get bad to life.

Thanks to all the player who made this happen. Green tan, who the f*** ever. As long as you play with honor your OK by me. Win lose, what ever. Just be accountable for you own shit, and don't lay blame to cover fault. I got killed to death more than once. 

and BTW we played CDF under CoST last year. 

As someone who was in a POV and was stopped by Admin many times, I don't think it was so much the crews not knowing the rules, but the admin. We had to sit several times for the admin to talk over the radio to figure out how to deal with us. It came down to the Admin changing rules that were clearly discussed during the pov briefing because we were too effective and COST got mad. We were courteous, and changed whatever they told us, and still COST felt cheated. We followed every rule set forth for us, even after they were changed.

We have a truck that was SPECIFICALLY BUILT to abide by AMS regulations regarding POVs. It will be drastically changing before OBHIV.

Same here Sheep dog we recieved the vechile rules a month or so in advance of the game and made sure it was 100% built to the rules.  one of the things you cannot do is change rules after the rule breifing when you have more then 30 people playing at an event.  much less about 700.  I have learned from hosting a few small games (150 or less)  that the rules set from the beggining have to be the rules that are followed untill the end of the game.  you can change them for next year. but you cannot change them durring without alot of un due drama and people becoming upset.

Also the simplier the rules the better.  as soon as you get to  if this then that rule mentality it will fail.

window[ win-doh ]

noun

1. an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both, commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass.

2. such an opening with the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or any other device, by which it is closed.

3. the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or the like, intended to fit such an opening: Finally the builders put in the windows.

:)

I'm not sure I like how this thread went from having a playful, non-serious meaning to a damn near all out flame thread.  I agree with Dave, this thread needs to be locked now.

If anyone has an issue with the conduct of the tan suburban please pm me. I would be happy to talk about it in private.

I'm not sure I like how this thread went from having a playful, non-serious meaning to a damn near all out flame thread.  I agree with Dave, this thread needs to be locked now.

This thread was posted to do just what has happened. What do you expect to happen when you get on here and start bashing instead of congratulating? Voice of Liberty instigated it and it pissed people off and it allowed both sides to bring up issues which isn't a bad deal because it allows admin to see holes so they can fix them. I agree that it probably needs to be locked and shut down but that's up to admin.

window[ win-doh ]

noun

1. an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both, commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass.

2. such an opening with the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or any other device, by which it is closed.

3. the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or the like, intended to fit such an opening: Finally the builders put in the windows.

gunportnoun

Full Definition of GUNPORT
:  an opening (as in a ship's side, a gun turret, a pillbox, or the nose, fuselage, or wing of an airplane) through which a gun can be fired

A window might not always be a gun port, but a gun port is ALWAYS a window. Per the definition.

5. If occupants engage from PoV windows then ALL windows BUT DRIVERS must be rolled down and remain down.

a gun port is not a window.  A window is something that can be raised and lowered....per your definition...

"commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass."

Gun ports are holes in which guns are fired through.  Gun ports are SPECIFICALLY designed to be fired through, not to be rolled down.  The spirit of the rule is meaning for regular car/truck windows, not designed gun ports.  It is there so players can't roll down a window, shoot, then roll it back up to protect themselves.  Gun ports are specifically designed (AND APPROVED by staff apparently) to function as intended...to fire out of.  

the word window and the action rolled down then refers to the sub class of windows that are commonly attached to doors in automobiles.

if you engaged from a window and the vehicle has fixed windows in the sides and back of a vehicle would you then expect to "roll" them down.  oh wait,  you cant..

rule definition must leave no room for interpretation.  for example  End state 2.  if the boundary is the road say "the road" if it is the fence say "the fence"  but don't say "the road" but mean "the fence".  All you will do is create confusion.

If the rule was stated.  

"If you fire from any vehicle then all windows must be rolled down except for the drivers."

Then that would be an entirely different rule making all 4 doored vehciles not capable to fulfilling the combat IFV role.  I would then go buy 3 trucks plate the back and roll down the passenger window.  2 vehicles would then drive in concert  69ing, each covering the thers window.  and yes we have practiced this up to about 40mph.  Or you would "body stack" the window/s.  which means put dead people in them so it does not affect the rest of the passengers.

If you do not understand armored warefare, and how armored vechiles are designed and make a "high speed" airsoft vehicle you will get your butt handed to you in a fire fight.  if you understand mutually supporting positions, and sectors of fire with overlapping fields of fire, armor placement and visual field required for movement.  Then have many in concert supporting each other then you will have it made....

But if you define the rules, and people build their vehicles to the rules, then change it because a squad / team is not using their assets wisely,  then all you will do is create confusion, because you cannot change the rules mid stream especially with 700 people following the rule.  Let the teams use their assets accordingly. and put AT teams on MSR's that block routs of travel.  this is more effective then complaining about a window.  I don't think Green realized that if you separated 3 AT teams and put them on MSR's that you would have locked down the entire north side of the field.

In the end, for a mobile mechanized unit, that has a high amount of military experience from its members.  They will always adapt and over come.

If the rule says "if anyone firing from a vechile then the windows would be rolled down", then we would bring trucks. or old cold war APC/ IFV's. or build armored cars ourselves using 1/2" steel plate. or just fast and quiet buggies with frontal protection. or  ...  you get the idea.

In the end, state exactly what you want to have happen, in a simple fashion that leaves no room for interpretation and is stated exactly how you want it to be followed and you will be perfect.  Just expect the teams to follow the rule to a T and don't spank them when they show inginuity.

"One side note.."  we do get killed though the holes of the gun ports all of the time.  there is just some times 5 people in the back.  some times there is one and some times there is none.  You would be surprised how many times we drive around with no bodies in the back and people run...  its funny and expected.

It is all about the spirit of the rule.  You understand what the rule was intended for.  Don't interpret the rules to make it to your liking.  Even if those things were on the other side (COST), I would have no problem with them as defined by the rules.  Juxtapose those vehicles into real world.  In the real world, those gun ports would protect the gunners as they are supposed to do.  Windows would not stop rounds.  Thus why windows need to be rolled down, and you can fire through gun ports...because that is what they are designed to do.

Good god. This just gets dumber and dumber.

Actually, I think for once on an airsoft forum, there is a mature discussion going on about an issue.  i don't see any flaming at the moment...I am kinda impressed :)

A window doesnt need to have glass to be considered a window(even though ECRs did), its only a common trait used to help describe it. I believe that to be in accordance with AMS rules any part of a vehicle in which crew can observe enemy from inside (especially while shooting) must be open or able to be opened once said crew begins to engage enemy. Truthfully I dont even care if the gun ports are used as they were, if the crew immediately ceases use if them when struck by AT. During each of our something like 5 engagements with ECR the crew continued to fire from said ports after being struck by one of our two shoulder fired launchers. I started posting in here with ideas on how to fix it, not get in an argument. But seriously if you can look through it, its a window...

well, you can believe what you want to believe, but seeing how the staff and admins approved it, and seeing how they are the ones that matter, it is clear the explanation that I gave is correct.  firing ports on those vehicles are not considered windows.  Are you saying you can't look through a firing port?  Are you stating these guys were not firing from behind the gun but firing instead from below the firing port?  If that is the case, then i would agree that the firing ports were not being used in the spirit of the rule.  Every time I saw them though, they were firing from behind the gun, exposed to the port.

As for the firing after they were killed, i didn't witness, so I can't comment on that.

Btw Pappy Im one of guys that was in the bunker at PB you referenced in your AAR. I told my teammate to calm down and call himself out. It was a parley situation and there was no need for yelling. We gave you guys one hell of a fight! Next time dont park your truck on an incline. We were putting rounds right into the back of it! Lol Im also done trying to make my point in here, dont know why even tried.

LOL...I remeber you saying that.  I didn't understand what you meant until i walked back and was like, wtf, the back of the truck was open from here...LOL.  Never would have thought about that...3d perspective is weird in a situation like that!

No worries on the parlay...he probably shot out of reflex.  I am so glad he missed.  That was a really dangerous situation, though I doubt he did it on purpose.  I just sorta showed up at his window LOL.  Had he saftey killed me instead of shooting, I would have been far happier.  No need to shoot that close, especially when he had the drop on me, but thankfully he missed...and then I got team killed LOL

That was indeed a hell of a fight.  Second fav of the weekend behind the defense of the alamo (ruins next to flag)!

and game question...in my eyes, i really don't think that is a parlay...we didn't saftey kill each other...he shot and missed (inside of min distance), I saftey killed him.  Had we both said saftey at the same time, then fine, but doesn't he lose the parlay when he decides to shoot?  It would be just like we were shooting each other, with one person missing, the other hitting.

I am asking because I have never been in that situation in very close range, one person shoots and misses (thank the gods because he was literally inside 5 ft away), the other calls saftey kill at extreme min range.  Not trying to stir something up, just never seen that situation.  I went out because I got shot from behind, not because of him.  In my eyes, he missed me so I am not "hit".  Did I play that wrong?