American MilSim

3-Gun - We are all somebodies , this is what makes our sport so liked. Its not just about the shooting .

Once you come to one of these you realize that its not just LARPING , COD Chairsofters... We bond in the field and off the field, We are all friends, those that choose not to be don't stay and don't last. AMS is all about listening and revising. Your community will listen , and sometimes we get bent some but its all good and really does work to resolve the issues. This is a game, but our community is still that without sides ... That's what leaving it on the field really means...

Guest Specs

We realized we couldn't take Colleville Sunday and decided to focus our efforts elsewhere.  You guys had it too well locked down.

Thanks for the honesty there Dave! We worked hard to have a nice Sunday welcome for you all. ;)

NP brother.  I'm excited for an official AAR to be posted so we can start figuring out who went where and why.  We got worried Sunday because we thought you guys were all rolling up through the woods to hit the TOC and take all our respawn shit out.  I asked Top and he said he decided to hold the towns.  We had expected a strong offensive and had planned accordingly.

As someone who was in a POV and was stopped by Admin many times, I don't think it was so much the crews not knowing the rules, but the admin. We had to sit several times for the admin to talk over the radio to figure out how to deal with us. It came down to the Admin changing rules that were clearly discussed during the pov briefing because we were too effective and COST got mad. We were courteous, and changed whatever they told us, and still COST felt cheated. We followed every rule set forth for us, even after they were changed.

We have a truck that was SPECIFICALLY BUILT to abide by AMS regulations regarding POVs. It will be drastically changing before OBHIV.

Basically have a print out of all POV guidelines and expectations that all POV crew members must read, sign and turn in with their signed waiver at the time of check in. This way they cannot say they dont know and staff has a much firmer leg to stand on as far as disciplining them. Thats my idea in a nut shell. Might not be a bad idea to implement across the entire player base.

I think there was a little bit of arope adope going on there Dave at that point. We were pushing HARD on Sunday , but not as large units - Our job at that time was Raptoring the incoming forces staging on the towns and airport. We actually were hoping the flanks and taking out reinforced positions that were attacking those points, We did get pinned down by some really good guerilla tactics until we started hoping those points with fast moving runners to get the attention on those guys, then the main shooters would flank those positions, worked really well - and you guys earned our respect for sure on Sunday.

Sunday was a bad day for CoST.  From what I've read, CoST was severely outnumbered and I know for a fact that one of CoST's vehicles had broken down for the last two hours of the game.  I congratulate UFS on their amazing gameplay throughout the event and I also acknowledge how well CoST did with what they had throughout the entire game.  Both teams played well on the ground and, even though there was some incidents with UFS vehicles that most everyone knows of, I had a lot of fun in the end and I met some amazing people.  I find some of the propaganda posts fun to read but I don't take them seriously.  The only thing that matters is we had fun, met awesome people, and walked away with memories we will share for years.  Seriously, a lot of people need to just chill out and enjoy the laughs and good times.  There isn't a reason to stir up drama just because someones feelings got offended just a little.  No reason people should be taking this kind of stuff that seriously!

First of all ECR pulled its vehicles out the last few hours of Sunday, and they where WELL within rules. Lack of planning does not mean ECR violated rules, only one that can be mad is the people that could not over come. They where aproved at the start of the game, and have been to 3 other AMS events, some of the people bitching about them had NO problems with them when they where on their side last year. Second CoST had ONE more vehicle than UFS all weekend. AND while we used a Quad as a vehicle slot, we saw the rule and did not use it, so again CoST had even one more POV in that area. It is just funny the side that talked the most and loudest got spanked, now feelings are hurt. 

I couldn't say things better than what has already been said. I saw great sportsmanship on both sides and heard horror stories from them as well. Things happen and people will ALWAYS bend the rules to help them, this is called MILSIM but to flat out break them is wrong.

Saturday UFS spanked cost but we spread our lines to thin and lost comms creating the holes that we ended up with, No Biggy, we will learn from it.

Sunday was just a spanking and I know a lot of UFS were mad because I wouldn't let us attack into the airport, there are reasons for this and I didn't want Saturday to happen all over again. Colleville became a staging area for UFS to support Pegasus and to keep cost super busy, heck we even ran recon and small team actions from there to St. Mereglies (SP).

On Sunday as it got warm I was constantly handing out water to troops to include our enemy cost, this wasn't anything other than to show support and keep them in the fight. It was getting warm and people were getting tired so I stood in the open and got pelted while offering water to a squad of 12 coming in from the East side of Pegasus. Funny how the first 6 refused water but the last 6 were grateful for it LOL.

I'm not going to give all my secrets away today and maybe I will write an AAR but not sure I need to. UFS troops in my command at Colleville know what I did to keep them in the fight and keep them working like a well lubed machine. This isn't about me, my actions that day were not about me, it was about my troops and the way I like to handle things, I was even called a Bad Ass at one point. I'm no bad ass just Ron Mexico so the next time I offer you water just take it LOL.

The trash talking needs to stop unless it's before a game. Cost got their asses handed to them Sunday but Saturday afternoon UFS got complacent and got smoked. Things happen but to post a BS story line does nothing for the future of players and for the future of AMS. Keep the trash talking for Rebel Yell but congratulate the victor, if we don't win by points then good on cost but keep in mind that you got smoked Saturday and Sunday and that is what UFS should be congratulated on.

In the past we have been the ones to have the mass exodus of troops so I understand what happens to morale on and off the battlefield to lose numbers. I highly doubt you lost 140 troops but to those who were cowards and left shame on you. You made a commitment to fight for your side so stay there. Maybe command needs to bring wet wipes so you can clean the sand from your twats next time but man up and play. Nothing in these threads say that DDay is an easy AO. This place will kill you!!

Who cares if your green or tan, when you go to these events be friendly with each other and talk. God knows you might learn something new from the enemy.

God Bless all of you and hope to see you at Rebel Yell

One final thing that I would like to add, KEEP YOUR DAMN EYE PROTECTION ON!!

I must have yelled at a dozen people for pulling them off Sunday. I have a feeling it was fog of war more than anything because they all gave me a blank look then you could see the light bulb come on LOL. By all means people, keep those things on so we don't have to stop the game and have you rushed off the field.

First I had a blast and saw a lot of all around great play and sportsmanship. So much so I had to shake the hand of every UFS player I passed on Saturdays hard dinner break endex. UFS had it together and delivered a great fight. Kudos to the players on both sides!! I also witnessed my share of rules breaking and bending from both sides.

I usually stay out of these kinds of arguments in public and either talk to AMS staff or PM JP with any concerns, but I am going to chime in this time as to the vehicles. 

From the rule set and reiterated during the safety briefing.

5. If occupants engage from POV windows then ALL WINDOWS BUT DRIVERS must be rolled down and remain down.

J. Only shoulder launched rockets disable armor (APC, Tanks) Must be a frontal hit (for the driver to see) this does not kill the crew, but only disables the APC/Tank and forces the crew to exit.

K. To kill a vehicle a 40MM or Shoulder fired rocket  must hit the front hood, windshield or driver / passenger window. Players MUST THEN either EXIT the vehicle or Concede being "killed" and return the PoV to their primary FOB for re-spawn. 

The two tan Suburbans were in violation of all three rules. I had opportunity to engage them on five occasions. Three times at the crossroads on the northwest and twice at Pegasus Bridge. Your windows were not down, now I understand the one in the rear were fixed windows, thus you should not be firing from the vehicle or from the ports in the fixed windows but your occupants were doing so with the passenger firing from the passenger door wing glass. The first two times at the crossroads your occupants continued to fire after the vehicles were struck with AT weapons instead of exiting, violating J and K. Now the third time at the crossroads most of the occupants did exit but (though they fired from the ports before doing so) by this time frustration levels were high and of course some unnecessary words were exchanged. These types of incidents also repeated themselves at Pegasus Bridge but it also involved the truck with the sunshade cloth over the top. When your vehicle is struck with an AT weapon the occupants must exit the vehicle not continue firing from it. Period. Dirtpro and LGM as well as three squads from CoST 1st platoon also bore witness to these infractions. It is not a matter of overcoming it is a matter of following the rules. 

Now if Cost POV's were doing the same things then shame on you, shame on you, shame on you. Reading the rules, comprehending the rules and abiding by the rules is not hard. Just do it. 

To those of us on both sides who followed the rules, had a good time and fought the good fight JOB WELL DONE!!! if you played with honor you won. 

From the rule set and reiterated during the safety briefing.

5. If occupants engage from POV windows then ALL WINDOWS BUT DRIVERS must be rolled down and remain down.

J. Only shoulder launched rockets disable armor (APC, Tanks) Must be a frontal hit (for the driver to see) this does not kill the crew, but only disables the APC/Tank and forces the crew to exit.

K. To kill a vehicle a 40MM or Shoulder fired rocket  must hit the front hood, windshield or driver / passenger window. Players MUST THEN either EXIT the vehicle or Concede being "killed" and return the PoV to their primary FOB for re-spawn. 

First one tan suburban was not ours. when AT strikes, the front, on two ocations rockets hit wheels and back of a vehicle. You need to watch Frog's (green players) video, blind fire, medic INSIDE vehicle, just to name a few. tossing stones over two truck is retarded. I watched WITH a green player a convoy MEDIC their truck. I also saw a green truck have the medic drive and just drive to the back medic everyone and go back in fighting, over and over. Hell i watched WITH A GREEN COMMANDER a tan dead squad trying to leave and a guy toss in a thunder bee in the bed of the truck just to be a dick.  

If you want to go rule tit for tat I can. But honestly if none of these infraction would have changed the out come of the game. From my point of view, people talked big then their actions fell short. It pisses me off the BEST RAN AMS game i have been to, and i have been to 7 of them, was this one. But people wanting to blame rule breakers and other BULLCRAP, just because they under preformed is only bringing this game down. Just because you didn't win doesn't mean the game sucked. if it does then maybe you shouldn't play anymore because you will never be happy unless you win. just my 2 cents. and not a shiny dime like everyone else.

I watched that video... In no way do I condone or support or defend that action. Game was overall great. Don't care whose vehicle it was. If rules were being violated then rules were being violated. Doesn't matter if it effected outcome or not. rules are rules. I gave props all day to UFS guys. You all were kickin ass and takin names. No arguing that. But rules violations need to be corrected or they keep happening. I am not a CoST for life guy or UFS for that matter. I play to play no matter what uniform I happen to wear. 

If you by any means wether you are CoST or UFS in these games are violating rules you don't belong. I don't like playing with cheaters any less than playing against them. Rules are there for a reason.

agreed, But you brought up the ECR trucks you didn't bring up the ones your sides was guilty of, you sure didn't bring up your sides you saw. I corrected actions I saw wrong on my side when i could, I saw a tan guy try and get a non medic heal him because we only had 4 guy so in him mind we where a squad and could appoint a medic, not true. I even got questions as to my legal actions twice. Both times I was personally right. Hell I drove in a buggy with NO windows, Hell it is the MOST open vehicle in the game. at EVERY encounter I died in the end, for the most part. 

Saying a action was wrong but ignoring your sides own actions is just as bad.

Our truck windows where PINNED UP. made that way to safety. The trucks where approved by STAFF before we played. WE OFFER TO BREAK THE WINDOWS OUT IF NEED BE. We offered to give one truck to COST if need be. What more do you want?

I didnt see any CoST vehicles in play violating rules..No where in either of my statements did I say I did...Had I my reaction would have been the same, just like it was when I saw that video.  I admonished quite a few CoST players for not following the rules sets for various things. We have to police our own. We can not defend the wrong of any action wether tan did it or green did it. Doesn't matter. It has to be corrected. Also we were told that the the trucks with the inop windows were told not to fire from it several times. These vehicle issues need to be handled before AMS decides to not allow POVs.

In my experience when players cheat or break the rules and do it enough then the other side gets pissed and does the same which leads to the game to degenerate into no fun for the players on both sides who are following the rules and playing with honor. 

BTW just to clear this up, OUR WINDOW ARE PINNED UP. The rule we where given is this: 

5. If occupants engauge from PoV windows then ALL windows BUT DRIVERS must be rolled down and remain down.

Witch means we NEVER engaged from the POV's windows. The window are sealed up. So we followed the rules. We engaged from the REAR gun ports, witch on a REAR LAV or the like would be sealed also. Basically we read this as "someone can't roll down a window and shot out then role it back up". ALSO staff ok'ed the truck before hand, and they have been at many events before. NO REASON to claim cheating.

​Do you see why we wanted clarification? So all this talk of what rules we violated and cheated is a big of stretch. 

You fired from the vehicle after struck by AT multiple times. We need to form a clear, distinct set of rules that will not be up for "interpretation". Have eveyone sign there name to it and move on. Good game UFS. I look forward to duking it out up close and personal at RY.

I can't believe this thread is still going....actually I can, but anyway. I am ready to start getting ready for the next event, whether its this summer, fall, or next year! You can always do more training....

You fired from the vehicle after struck by AT multiple times. We need to form a clear, distinct set of rules that will not be up for "interpretation". Have eveyone sign there name to it and move on. Good game UFS. I look forward to duking it out up close and personal at RY.

Uh, no i didn't. nor did i see any one doing this, except the green trucks. Myself and one of what i was told was command staff watched it happen. Even if the green truck did violate the rule it really wouldn't have changed much.

My vehicle was NEVER hit with a rocket, not in the whole event, hell only one was even shot at me and it missed by a mile. I was in a  buggy. 

It was my first time playing at OP Broken Home 3 for CoST and it was an awesome event! I was part of the CoST teams that attacked and overran the St. Mere Eglise roadblocks and almost captured the blockhouse uphill northeast of Colleville until we were repulsed by a UFS squad reinforcement. Fighting was intense and almost heated me up until I saw this UFS guy with his Mohawk head died red (you know who you are) like a dead rag :D . That made me laugh, cool down, and see how hard the UFS guys were working and getting hit to defend the position. I congratulated the first UFS guy who ran up to medic his buddy next to me. Good job UFS guys! It made me think of improving tactics on how to attack a blockhouse uphill in steep terrain. It also taught me how to keep my cool under pressure.

Overall, both sides did their utmost best in the heat, hills, valleys, chopper, woods. UFS put up a tough, organized fight that I always had to watch those flanking moves in whatever terrain. You earned my respect. Well done UFS! You made the games exciting, thrilling, a test of wits, endurance, brains, etc.

To the AMS organizers and staff, hands down appreciation to keep such an active, thrilling sport going for all types of people. There were other airsoft players I know who weren't able to make it but my stories of OPBH3 will sure make them come over to experience future AMS events. Congratulations for a job well done! Period!