American MilSim
The Rick

Broken Home III Official AAR

Guest Specs

Dang Rick! You just barely managed to post one up before me haha. 

I'll get things started. To give some insight, I was leading Ozark Mountain Milsim in UFS Bravo 3-3, and assisted in the massive efforts against Coleville and the airfield on the first day, and defending Coleville the 2nd day. 

What went wrong:

1. While I did see tons of guys taking the semi-only rule to heart (and I mean a TON), there were a few guys that didn't. I thought this new addition to the ruleset worked beautifully, and I hope you guys out there with the need to hit that full auto mode either take that more seriously, or move into a support gunner role.

2. Vehicles are of course always a headache. There was a lot of heated argument between AT and the drivers, but I will admit that Admins seemed to always be on hand and ready to smooth over the debate. So great work there AMS staff!

3. To that guy with the huge gash from day 2 at Coleville, that's some painful stuff. Hope you heal up nice and proper, and thanks for everything you managed in the defense beforehand.

4. Friday nights rain. Dang it came down hard. I know many of us in our canvas wall tents handled it alright, but I know many more of you had a hard time. Just a reminder to always keep your stuff off the ground and elevated. Sure did hate all the foggy goggle mess it made for everyone Saturday though.

5. Those bathrooms near the end of the weekend...Hell if there was a single plunger, I would have even tried to do something there.

6. This last one is more a gripe than anything, but it really was unacceptable. After UFS's struggle on day 1 to take the damn airfield, 3-3 was the ONLY group left to defend the airfield after all you victory totin' comrades took off. In the last 10 minutes, we were overrun by a large CoST push, simply because we were massively outgunned. I don't care how damn tired you all were, UFS worked hard to push and capture that position, all of you stepped back. That shouldn't have happened, even if it did make for a more fun second day.

What went right:

1. Admins and staff were in abundance and kicked ass all weekend. Thanks for all you guys do. You truly help things run smoothly. 

2. CoST guys, even when UFS were in control of much of the field over the weekend, you all kept pushing and kept the game continuously engaging and fun. Props to you guys for your courageousness. 

3. Technicals. You guys kicked ass all weekend, from both sides. Thanks for bringing your stuff to the AO. You truly added another huge aspect to the gameplay beyond us guys on foot.

4. To Mr. Helo. I hate you. But you did your job damn well. Every minute me and my guys got to take a seconds break, you were there. Hovering and gunning. And with many buildings on the AO without rooftops, you had a bead on us a lot of the time. Can't wait to see you at next years event as well. Maybe I'll snag me a ride.

5. Medics, you stayed up there with all the others and did your jobs admirably. Especially in the push on Coleville. I know your roles can split you up from your groups at times, but thanks for being where you're needed. You were truly the only thing that kept many of us from a looooooong walk back to the FOB at times.

6. MASH units. Thanks AMS staff, these things were awesome, and helped to minimize a lot of back and forth respawn traffic. 

7. That amazing raffle. It's great to see so many new sponsors, and even thought it seemed to go on and on, it was a blast. 

Special Thanks:

1. To Rainbow and Cat. You medic gals were truly bad ass, and got me back in the fight my fair share of times. 

2. To Jimbo and the awesome guys of 3-3. You were truly badasses, and OMM enjoyed running with you all. You were welcoming, and accommodating, and we'd definitely like to get in more work with you guys.

3. To the vehicles that actually offered me a ride. THANK YOU. That AO is huge and daunting at times, and the few rides I got to places were so appreciated.

4. To Frosty of AMS. When you drove that rocket technical over the edge of Coleville on day 2, you stopped and pointed directly at the prison that I and the rest of 3-3 was in and defending. You were taken out before then, but you still scared the living hell out of us. Thanks for that. We had nothing but smiles on our faces the entire time, and could hear you from a mile away. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIif8Fhvja8)

5. To DDay's staff and owners. Thank you for letting us play at your AO. It's definitely a privilege, and we in the AMS community were definitely humbled to step foot on it.

6. And finally, to AMS staff. You put on another excellent OP experience. You should be proud, and as always, Ozark Mountain will be back for more. (Hopefully Rebel Yell 3 in September.)

All in all a rock solid op. To the guys in the building to the left of the church on Saturday night that let me in after knocking to only find out I was tan. Y'all put up a hell of a fight. And if it gives you any peace, my guys shot me shortly after that thinking I was green. Game play was pretty solid. Late Saturday I guess everyone was getting tired. Issues started popping up. Opfor guys were a great group. Had an awesome little skirmish with them over the v2 missile could not have been a better group of guys. We all shock hands and laughed after the action was over. The air drops were a bit annoying, but I understand green needed the training wheels.

Special Thanks:

1. To Rainbow and Cat. You medic gals were truly bad ass, and got me up my fair share of times. 

Omg i laughed so freaking hard at this. Haha.

Guest Specs

Omg i laughed so freaking hard at this. Haha.

Whoops! haha good catch there.

I'll fire off a few things, mostly from a Technical/POV aspect due to thats what we mostly did. 

General Good things: 

ALOT of POV's. and they added a lot to the maneuvering and movement on the field. It made us continuously have to keep our heads on a swivel.

Semi Auto Only. Yes. It was great! I've always been a huge fan of semi auto only. and it showed this weekend. Every contact we took we had at least four rifles pointing at us at any given moment. it forced team work. good times. 

LAND NAVIGATION! HECK YEAH! We spent time getting our crew up to speed with Land Navigation (for those who were not already up to speed) and it paid off. It was a BLAST to receive a mission in MGRS Coords. Drag out the map, plot the point, plan our travel path based upon reported contacts of friendly and enemy forces and then push out. With the multiple routes in and out of locations, the terrain, and variety of missions it was a BLAST! One of the first times I've actually been able to TRULY use Land Navigation in any event. 

Player Based Command. OUTSTANDING! It gives the players direct influence over the game, as well as a feeling of "ownership" 

Medic Rules. Excellent. 

General Issues: 

Being in a POV we tried to identify friend from foe as quickly as possible. but every time we rolled upon on a group wearing Multi Cam we could never tell if they where tan or green.

Suggested fix: Multi Cam should be Green as a uniform type not Tan. 

Situational Awareness. I.E. Its HOT, Drink WATER. Fire team leaders, Squad leaders, Platoon Leaders where all doing the best they could to keep people pushing water, as well as staff, but the individual person NEEDS to push water, as well as eat. We all want to be in continues fire fights, always in contact but we are humans and need food and water. 

POV Issues: 

Identification. Every POV we came up against it was extremely difficult to identify side. If it was Painted TAN typically we knew it was Tan. The only vehicles we could truly identify where those we worked hand in hand with. 

Suggested fix for identification: The Signs issued to POV's make them Four instead of three, and have to be placed front back left right, and color coded. White for UFS, Blue for CoST or something along those lines. 

POV Disabling:

Our Jeep was taken out of play a few times because crew went below 25% due to small arms fire hitting crew. Effective concentrated fire could take us out, and it effected how we reacted and attacked. It was great! But some vehicles not so much. I'm not going to delve into the weeds to much on this. Rockets to only two areas, the Front Driver and Side Window greatly limits things. 

I've a design on a system that could help with this but its not finalized. But I think the direct contact from the front and driver window on POV's is working minimal at best. It allows for gaming of the system by vehicle drivers as well as limits the ability of the ground pounder (crunchy) to engage vehicles. It also causes a large amount of confusion between driver and anti vehicle rocketeer. 

POV Look: I'm not trying to sound elitist here. nor insult any one, but we put a good deal of work into our jeep to bring it to AMS BH3. And All of us that crewed it understand that not every one has access to nor the ability to field vehicles like that. But regular street vehicles allowed as POVs on the field? With no modification towards a tactical application? 

We saw some great modifications to vehicles this weekend and took some great ideas away from them. And we saw some modifications that we will completely avoid as they break the game. 

Suggested: A minimum tactical modification requirement per POV, as well as picture / diagram of potential mods that are accepted, and a POV manual of what can and cannot be done with the POV on the field, How Gun Ports should Look, Etc. 

Had an absolute blast! saw alot of great things going on and willing to help any way! 

Lex

CoST "Buffalo" 

Okay, I've mostly recovered from the weekend (holy cow this weekend kicked my ass). It's AAR time. Im gonna stick to a list format, i have videos for telling all the cool stories I have.

I'll start with what I didn't like, since i like to end happy, and this list is kinda short:

1. Chrono enforcement: I went through chrono and didn't have any issues, I brought two guns through, one passed, the other failed, they only let the one gun through with a sticker. However, I noticed a lot of P*'s without locked regulators, and took WAY more hot shots this weekend than I have at a previous AMS event. I'll have to convince Oddball from blackout to post a picture of the wicked zinger he got from eaisly past 100 feet, hot guns were prevalent, it bothered me greatly. I get that this is just gonna happen at games, but when im hearing from everyone left and right "yeah, i was shooting like 410 and they let me through" i get a bit agitated.

2. Chrono limits: This could be just me gettin old or something, but I feel like the FPS limit on P*'s could be lowered just a hair more. it wasn't a super big issue, the semi auto rule pretty much prevented the bigger complaint I have, which is taking a hot gun and getting hit at a bazillion RPS. but something to look into. the P*'s i was hit by consistently hit harder. I had a few P*'s fragment bb's against my lower facepro, and that almost never happens. I'd keep it in mind.

3. The drag rule: I'd argue this is borderline unsafe. Especially in this particular AO. I see no reason to risk injury, the old drag rule was fine. I don't care how cool this looked on camera (and it was pretty cool to see) but it certainly causes a huge problem.

4. (and final) Comms channels: maybe there's something i don't get about why the comms matrix gets setup the way we set it up (in which case, I'd love to be educated) but I think maybe it gets a touch too complex. I invested a ton of money in a quality radio setup, that isn't compatible with guys who can't afford to invest in a decent programmable radio. Nevermind that despite all having the same programmed settings, i had issues with comms ALL weekend. I expect this, and planned for it, but any improvements to this area would be greatly appreciated, and i feel like moving the comms matrix to something a bit more simple could solve a lot of problems.

Stuff I liked:

1. Semi auto rule: Holy crap, best thing evar. this made for so much of a better game, I cannot even begin to express how amazing this was. I never saw a "confirmed" case of full auto from someone who shouldn't. I loved that it made having an LMG useful. We didn't have a SAW of anykind in our squad, and it hurt us at times not having that ability to just suppress the crap out of whatever was shooting us. I feel like this rule increased the need for strategic manuevering, and not just spitting out all kinds of bb's at the enemy. It forced squads to move, and more than once we engaged in some fights with CoST forces that turned into less of a "who could pop up and hit the other guy first" fight, and more of a "who can outmanuever each other first" and that's the most milsim damn thing ever. I think I still have a milsim chubby from it.

2. The helo: Every year this thing makes me happy. Hearing it roaring in to tear up the enemy, or running for cover when you hear it start to fire on you. Wish I could have afforded to take a ride on it this year.

3. POV's: It was awesome to see so many this year, especially when most of them looked like people had taken effort to make them fit the role. Im never impressed by just a suburban with the windows rolled down, but for guys like the redneck express and the buffalo that actually put effort into building up their vehicles (or even the the guys who just made an effort to paint their pov's so i could tell what friggin side they were on) you guys made the weekend that much cooler.

4. Player driven command: Having so much more freedom to push on the objectives, and deploy spawns as necessary was cool. I felt like as a squad leader, I had alot more agency over what went down on the field.

5. Mobile mash units: I liked the concept. I feel like it needs a BIT of work to make better, but they definitely worked, and were definitely cool. They were kind of a pain in the ass to keep track of where they were deployed, which is mostly a comms issue. And I did see one magical mash unit that despite not being deployed properly, was still being used to spawn tons of enemy green guys, which is really annoying when you are trying to take it back for your team. I'd have liked to see an admin posted around one of these. In fact, I'd have actually liked to see a combination of placed spawn points (in the key locations like coleville, caen, pegasus, etc) with maybe fewer mobile mash units. I enjoyed having them though, and i feel like it was a huge styep towards preventing some of the issues associated with having to walk half a mile to respawn sometimes.

6. the admins: when you guys were around, there were ZERO problems. I wish we could have more of you, you guys have the hardest damn job around. thank you.

7. That airfield push on saturday: So much smoke. I still can't breathe. Im so glad people followed me when i charged the buildings like a big fat bearded idiot.

8. Holding the bunkers on the outskirts of coleville: I hate playing defense, but damn that was fun. you CoST guys pushing that around noon saturday were some persistent SOB's.

9. Rainbow: Everytime I needed a medic and mine was too busy shouting angry russian things and healing other people, you were right behind us. There were other medics too, but you were the one I kept running into.

10. Top: You literally are the most terrifying  wake up call in existence. I was napping saturday evening when you came to inform us of some player-mishap related stuff during the night game. I don't think there's a cup of coffee on this planet that can wake me up that quick.

11. AMS medical staff: One of our guys went down during the night game with a seizure, you guys were aboslutely awesome in making sure those of us not playing the night game knew what was going down with our teammate, and I can't thank you enough.

12. the green guys holding down SME on sunday morning: you guys were a blast to try and kill. I know we eventually won, but that was one of the more intense firefights i've been in during my long time airsofting.

13. The stores: TWO FREAKING STORES? awesome. I didn't buy anything, because i was broke come game time this year, but i know alot of my teammates made use of them, and they were grateful.

14. The rain: not friday night, screw that rain, it sucked. but the little bits of drizzle during the game were nice, the fogging was worth being super cooled off periodically.

Thanks AMS for another great game. This is my fourth time attending games at D-Day, and it's my favorite yet. Top wasn't lying when he said the games get better and better. They really do, and I can't wait for next year.

- Blackbird, UFS Bravo Company, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Squad Recon Squadleader

Long and Detailed AAR, DISCLAIMER: nothing I am about to say is directed at any person (except one thing witch I will name him) so if you feel I an pointing at you\, IM NOT.

First I arrived at D-day after driving 18 hours, with no sleep. We set up camp and got unpacked. And did stuff till the first night game started. Once the sun was down myself and 20 other NV users set out to cause a bit of damage early on. Who cares if it will make us tire Saturday, we came to play. First group I came a cross, I was so close I can tell you the guy had an m4 with no attachment besides a flash light on his weapon. I shoot him and then at his 3 buddies. He turned and fired back at me full auto.... I got flashlighted then him and his 4 buddies shot me. After a medic healed me i did the same thing, this time laying down till they stopped shooting. So i track them till i found the mother load. 15-20 guy in a clump, on the road, CLOSE, no cover. I wished for full auto. i started shooting SAME THING no dead lights, 4-6 full autos then flashlights till i died. I was mad. I yelled "thanks for ruining my night. I HAVE NIGHT VISION ON I CAN SEE YOU ALL. YOU ARE CHEATERS" I was mad and went back to camp to cool off. A second set of my guys went out this time mixed NV and none NV guys. We walked forever, then costed a big valley. one of our guy got sick. REAL sick. a few time and we had to help him carry his gear and to walk. He wanted to keep going and felt up to it so we walked on. A CoST guy walked up to our group with 4 gun pointed at him, asking to join our squad. I asked if he wanted to take a safty kill or get shot, he responded with, no i want to join your squad. I asked again, and said "dood if you don't take it im going to shoot you at point blank range". LOL he had no idea we where UFS, and took the safety then thank me for not shooting him. So it was off to Coleville. I hit the flank and our guy engaged the front of the town. I watch for body movement and IR stuff to pic out the NV users. I spotted two, one I think 95% sure was Mayo, and a second with PVS14's. I popped him (because he was closest) and it took a minute to sink in so I IR lasered him and popped him a few more time to get the point acost to him in case he did feel the first hit, witch opened me up to the second NV guy. But I was ready for think, and he was shortly shot also. Then I moved to the first set of building, it was hit after hit. I over shot a guy because he had his dead light behind a wall. I made my way to him to say sorry before firing into the church. I shot a few more guys then they called index. So it was off to the bus. WE had 10 guys, JUST what was left after the guy not at respwan was around 35 guys. LOL. when my and another UFS guy got on the bus it was FULL and we where the only two tan guys. Everyone was in good spirits. laughing and joking.  

Saturday Day Evo starts. We where instructed to find green behind enemy lines and disrupt them. So we did that. I was in a buggy. With just a machine gunner and two rifle men, no medic, no armor. This is the reason for CoST break down. I do not care what anyone says, I watched over the next hour a group who over prepared and talked a lot of trash, devolve. They will claim people broke rule, and what ever else it isn't. When 4 guys in a buggy hold up 40 guys, die, bleed out, return to the other side of the field, respawn, head back and the 40 guys are still at the same place of no importance, is ties up to many bodies. I saw this many time. in fact just about everywhere. I video taped 30 plus green guys and 3 truck held up by 7 UFS and one truck. I dead ragged just to video tape. This was the morn. I heard the ECR trucks ruined it. Problem is that just doesn't hold water. They have been to 4 events so far. CoST didn't bitch about the when they where on their side last year. But its ok to have there windows up and then just medic there whole team up? Hell even one of the green guys kept Medicing their truck. No joke. One of their own guy came up and said sorry about it. Adapt and over come. Either that or cry and go home. ECR even offered to give one of our trucks for CoST if they wanted it. You can only be mad at one thing, you where not perpaired. Claiming the game was rigged or we cheated holds no water. get over it. I drove a buggy with no armor, no medic, and held up large numbers for people for long numbers of time,, witch by far hurt the green movement much worst than any reason anyone else has. This was greens down fall. This issue was brought to UFS command, and UFS felt they NEVER got an answer to same to how to resolve the situation, some may feel differently, but this what I saw from my stand point. Hell i never even used the tracks. We hit them from anywhere we could to just slow the bad guy movements down. It worked. Less than 10% of our army effectively slowed down or disrupted 1/2 the other side. I had fun doing it. Even if half the time I was watching or being killed. 4 guys vs 5 squad can and will loose, but its still fun and we get more people to shoot at than they do. Then we started having squad of green guy exiting the north gate, going to their camp, coming back to life, then entering right back there. A clear breach of the rules. one of these groups we engaged and pretty much got wiped out man for man. so we had to go to our FOB. After that we returned to that same point NEVER leaving the field to find two red ragged green played and two non-red ragged players walking a bit apart. So i asked, are thous two guys dead? to witch i got " do you see any dead rags on them!" so it was game on. I shot the first guy in the back of the neck, and the second guy scattered. I think he thought we where just driving in from out of camp and he got mad. we talked it over and everything was ok. The other guy was just made because he go shot in the neck and it hurt, not mad at us. Who ever you are Facebook me because you know who I was I but I have no idea who you are?!?!?! Fighting happened till the very end. The CoST guy had two buss loads dropped off at Pegusas Bridge to help get them back in the fight. 

Night evo: I can not comment on this as I was part of the night flight crew. You have no idea. Just wait for the videos. OMG. Airsoft wet dream.

Sunday game. I didn't play the first part as I was trying to track down 10K worth of un-returned NV. We where planning on leaving before the raffle was over so I needed my stuff. So i joined a bit late. Once i was in the fight I watch and talked with people more than I fought. I meet some REALLY cool people, and almost gave sexy D a heart attack. Hell i had no idea who she even was. I watch a bunch of good fire fights and didn't even burn thru one mag. I watch a bunch of good fights. 

We brought 10 rocket launcher and over 200 rockets for vehicles. over 100 grenades, and DID NOT USE ANY OF THEM. We offered to give a vehicle to COST to help even it out. We where were told NO POV ATV's, so we left ours at camp while CoST command used one on the field and never contested it. We never asked for CoST vehicles to have the windows down even when they had medics driven them (yes i have video of it) and just medicing their guys back to life {and even a vehicle once, LOL). We even pulled our vehicles out of play on Sunday 3/4 hours before the game play was over. 

No matter what anyone says I saw tan DESTROY on all fronts. in MANY ways. In Spirit, we CRUSHED. Our simple plan won, where the CoST over planned and it hurt them. Assets outside of what they where brought where given to CoST to help them out and it still didn't work. No one is to blame except for them self's. 

good/bad, 100% true, or 100% a lie that is my AAR. 

I saw some of the best stuff and worst stuff. people have shown me more than ever some people are a class act and others are not. Your post count, subscribers, fans, do not mean s***. The unknown little guy helped me enjoy the game just as much if not more than anyone else.

Now for my year off off airsoft.

EDIT: The same people bitching about the ECR trucks where some of the same people who used them last year on their side. They had no problems with them then.

BTW a foot note. LONEWOLF i don't have any dealing with you off the field, and do not know you so I can not say to the type of person you are. But from what I saw, in two case of BLUNT BULLS*** once was cheating, once was just a DICK move by players, You condemned the bad actions of people on your own team. If I could give out a outstanding operator award you'd have one. 

I only witnessed one action on my side and i took care of it. 

To Bo YES I HAD A GUY PULL ME OUT OF A VEHICLE TO GET MEDIC'ED, Twice. the rest of the times I just died and bleed out.

Yeah Anderson on his four wheeler when it clearly said in the rules that they were not allowed as PoV's was a bit laughable. Top might have his faults but I saw him on foot more than once. I had my proof of insurance that was required for all PoV's. And it's a shame CoST leadership choose personal comfort over troop mobility. That's assuming the 4 wheeler counted against their pov count.

"3. The drag rule: I'd argue this is borderline unsafe. Especially in this particular AO. I see no reason to risk injury, the old drag rule was fine. I don't care how cool this looked on camera (and it was pretty cool to see) but it certainly causes a huge problem."

Plus one on that...some of those rocks are sharp as glass, and I think we got lucky to only have just a couple of lacerations.  I know what you guys are trying to do with that rule, but I saw a lot of unsafe things going on with this rule during the game.  There is a point where personal saftey has to come before realism.

Yeah Anderson on his four wheeler when it clearly said in the rules that they were not allowed as PoV's was a bit laughable. Top might have his faults but I saw him on foot more than once. I had my proof of insurance that was required for all PoV's. And it's a shame CoST leadership choose personal comfort over troop mobility. That's assuming the 4 wheeler counted against their pov count.

Yes Mine was vs vehicle count also, last year it was SUPER handy as a recon unit, if used right it does have its place.. I did not use it. But we didn't bitch about it. We just adapted. TOP ran all over, LOL.

POV Look: I'm not trying to sound elitist here. nor insult any one, but we put a good deal of work into our jeep to bring it to AMS BH3. And All of us that crewed it understand that not every one has access to nor the ability to field vehicles like that. But regular street vehicles allowed as POVs on the field? With no modification towards a tactical application? 

We saw some great modifications to vehicles this weekend and took some great ideas away from them. And we saw some modifications that we will completely avoid as they break the game. 

Suggested: A minimum tactical modification requirement per POV, as well as picture / diagram of potential mods that are accepted, and a POV manual of what can and cannot be done with the POV on the field, How Gun Ports should Look, Etc. 

I couldn't agree more!  I saw some truly amazing vehicles, then I also saw some pickups that look like they just drove in off the street, and some UTV's with a "support" gun duct taped to them.

There really needs to be a standard for POV's.  

I'm at work so I'll keep it short and sweet.

This was me and my team's (Point3Airsoft) first AMS event. To put it bluntly the helicopter and AO made the event. There was a lack of objectives which left us pining for stuff to do. Basically the jist was "you're not in Coleville? Then go to Coleville." It seemed the entire Op was just about taking and holding Coleville. There weren't any cool objectives like capture VIP. Arm this explosive. Infiltrate this base. Etc. Which made it feel more like just a big skirmish rather than a milsim event. Just being nit picky but that's what I thought. Also, tan had this van (that was eventually kicked off the field) that had tiny holes that dudes could basically blind fire out of. That was dumb IMO. What ever happened with those Kill Cards we kept with us? Our squad made it our goal to go card hunting Sunday because we didn't want to "underestimate their importance" as we were told at Sundays briefing but yeah...nothing happened with them..

The players were all outstanding. Everyone there was full of sportsmanship and were good spirited. 

The admins were the most effective I've seen. With Lightning fast response times.

I did notice a lot of hit calling issues. I heard that apparently there was one tan squad that was particularly bad about it. This became frustrating after awhile but when does it not I suppose.

The bad:

hit calling

lack of objectives

murder-hole van

lack of vehicles on CosT (I realize this was our fault and no one else's)

nothing happened with the kill cards?

The Good:

awesome admins

awesome players

helicopter

great communication between leadership and platoon leaders

From Past exp . Kill cards were used as points - I don't think any of the had more value than another, Everything in Airsoft will fall on TWO things, HONOR of the player (Hit calling and giving up kill cards when asked to "Search" - I really enjoyed the DUDE cards I laughed my ass off on those. and the other one falls soley on COMMAND - If you didn't get any cool missions that was a failure on your command. This year they actually gave command the ability to CONTROL those missions, however when we didn't get a good MISSION, we completed the one we were given , then waited for anew one, if that didn't happen , we took a vote within our group as to where we wanted to go next. and wherever was decided we ran into other ufs and asked their leadership how we could assist in their mission, IE supporting our troops to complete theirs. It was fully playable and required mush initiative on our part , but most of our group was 4 or 5 star UFS , and after a few you will get the groove and your time only gets better, after all if you had a terrible time, Next time request to be a sqd leader and then move up the chain, every event. You make this game, and you control what kinda of time you have. I learned this after spending 4 hours on guard duty one game.

I don't make many posts but when I do I try to make them short and sweet. I feel we all had our ups and downs. As far as cost vs ufs.... I feel this game was a very good back and forth match. The last few years I felt it was one sided. Cost beating down ufs. This year I saw some great effort from many ufs players. It was a good change. I felt ufs was more organized this year than I have ever seen them before. Cost forces were not expecting the extent of there willingness to work as a team. On several occasions I saw squads with cost acting on there own and not moving as a unit. Platoon leaders struggled with this as they were not able to depend one some people in there unit. I am not going to pretend Cost won this one. We did however give a great fight and thanks to all you UFS and COST players that fallowed orders. Congradulations to Top and his men for a battle well fought. Thanks Anderson for all the prep and hard work you guys did. I was very impressed. I have freinds on both teams and hope we all remember we do this for fun. We can't grow without defeat. You can't learn from it without admiting it. So thanks for giving me a lesson I will remember. LoL. In all seriousness Me and mine had a great time. Till next time UFS keep getting better......we will. :)

PS the next jerk I see not calling a hit tan or green I will make it my personal mission to put my dead rag on and fallow him or her around till the game is over. So when you see "Shadow Bash" everyone will know you are a douche. I may even make a red shirt up that says "I'm with this no hit calling douche!" Police your own so others don't have too. Don't be that guy.

Bash, You're my hero.

Also: Schembre91, the game this year really was about territory control. You're not gonna get cool guy SF missions every game, they don't work on a scale this big. IF you want that, sign up for a dam or an idam, thats where those come in, check out the videos on youtube, there are some great ones. As for "be in coleville" this game is ABSOLUTELY about what you make of it, every year, and this year more than most. Tweakranger knows what he's talking about [and if I do say so myself, he had a pretty awesome squad leader making sure he stayed busy]. I won't give away my strategy for how I decide where and what we have to do as a squad, that's a big bearded trade secret, but suffice to say, if you weren't happy with the jobs you got, take on a leadership role either amongst your team, or higher, and make those calls.

I never got orders to be any one place or another. I didn't have comms wth my platoon the whole weekend, but I made it a point to be informed about what our team had to accomplish in order to win, and what my squad's role was, since we were uniquely equipped to handle certain jobs over others. I saw to it my team was briefed on a backup mission, in the event we lost contact [which we did] so that we could still be trying to contribute to something. Turns out, we may not have been raising the flag, but we had some important parts to play in taking coleville, charging the airfield, seizing SME on day two, and pushing up towards the airfield again as well.

Airsoft is one hundred percent what you make of it. I never got to plant any bombs, assasinate any HVT's or teabag any generals for points, but we as a squad still had the best game we've had of all three broken homes. If you feel like you had a bad time, you're welcome to change sides and roll with us, we'll show you where the party's at.

Well my 5th memorial day at DDAY park was not a letdown.  As TOP said, it gets better each year.

I actually liked that weather played a factor - mud was an issue in parts of the field and made traversing steep inclines and rocky areasy trickier during those wet times. Dangerous but fun! Plus forcing yourself to deal with some of the absolutely worst goggle fogging situations that exist, and pushing yourself to extremes of cool/wet and hot/humid.  I was either wet from rain or sweat 90% of my time in the field.  Loved it!

I would like to give tons of Props to coalition soldiers who fought hard and pushed forward all weekend, saw great sportsmanship by our UFS guys but honestly a lot of the time, even better sportsmanship out of green guys we fought against.  I had some goodies to give out courtesy of MOEGUNS (thanks guys for doing this!!!) and 3/5 of my good-player awards went to green players! 

Big props to the green forces who almost took pegasus near the end of the game sunday, it was very very near being lost before we rallied every last man and pushed you back with a smoke screen the likes of which I have never seen and probably never will again.  The trees were lost in smoke.  Amazing.

I think it is a testament to UFS (and good natured airsofters in general) that even when we do get asswhooped by greens, we still have a laugh and talk over what we would do better next time on the way back to respawn. Saw a lot of that this weekend. 

Overall Thanks for another great game AMS and everyone who showed up to play. 

If I had one complaint it is that the raffle takes too damn long!!! :)

Jazzman I love you man in the worst way Gcode can be admitted. I liked the goggle fogging I didn't traverse a cliff , I went off one running for my ghilie-suited life - I am sure it looked planned out from the guys who gave chase but stopped pursuit after I went over , but what a fracking ride my man!!!

• single shot rule welcome change

new medic rule is fine if single shot rule continues, otherwise; revert to prior rule set

develop method to better identify POV team affiliation - difficult to determine unless vehicle painted to match team colors

revert to high contrast team patches - high contrast patches help identify team affiliation when uniform isn't clearly tan or green.  Subdued patches too hard to see.

extend check-in hours Friday night

extend Saturday's play by an hour - to 5:00 PM

Cool Stuff

• Mash units and how they were controlled rocked.
  • The single fire only rule for riflemen. Really changed the pace of things.  Made it super fun.  I dunno if I want to see this rule implemented across ALL airsoft games, but it was certainly fun.
  • Helo, as always.
  • Realizing I know so many people in this sport, and not getting to say hi to them all.  BH is like a huge family reunion for me.
  • Felt a lot like the admins where EVERYWHERE this year.
  • Vehicle on Vehicle combat.
  • Numbers on the vehicles to ID them.
  • Uber sweet anti-tank weapons where EVERYWHERE.  Anybody see that COST mortar round??
  • Helo with nightvision.
  • ECR's infinite vehicles.  
  • UFS's Rednecked vehicles.  They made me giggle each time I saw them.
  • Photographers letting me ham it up for them for the camera.
  • Water all over the mash points.
  • The flag system put together was quite grand, and worked very well.  I liked that the flags were huge and quite easy to ID.
  • Wallace at Z-Shot.  He's like my Lucius Fox.  
  • The 2 hour long raffle.  I walked away with a super sweet backpack by LBX.
  • Watching Blake bail after he realized he was fixing to get tackled by the mob.

Not so cool Stuff

• Lack of D Day APCs and Tanks on the field this year.  
  • Staff/volunteers manning the chrono this year could of been more disciplined on sat morning(7:30ish?).  Details withheld incase staff wants to reach out on this one.
  • I made a note on the safety brief on saturday morning.  Details withheld for staff only.
  • I would really of liked to see 4 wheelers as a valid POV again this year, and for the future.  I couldn't quite understand why they were withheld.  These really add quite the fun recon dynamic to the game.  
  • Need a rock solid way to identify an enemy vehicle, and a friendly one.

Annoying

• I was on UFS, hiding behind 2 dudes behind a tree.  I saw all 3 of us get shot, and I only pulled out my flag.  After telling them that I saw them get shot, they looked at me like I was speaking greek, and ran away.  I walked over to COST who where shooting them, and let them all know at least that they got them.  Hopefully they got some-sort of gratification there.
  • Night games are not excuses to not call your hits.  With NODs and tracer BBs, we can see the BBs litterally bouncing off of you in super simple fashion.  Can't really help this.  Silly cheaters and their pretend body armor.

Guest Specs

If I had one complaint it is that the raffle takes too damn long!!! :)

I second this. Which I'll admit is a weird feeling to sit there and admit "Damn... this is too much free swag..." haha. Maybe there just needs to be some new methods to better condense it all. I know AMS will surely continue to gain sponsors.

CoST was to have had flags on all POVs. However, almost no one picked them up. I can't tell you how much time (and to a lesser extent, money) was wasted because people didn't do as they were asked. Not all of the check in process went to plan, but the flags would have helped matters greatly.

Faction flags on the POV's is a simple and excellent idea. How about having the admins do a pre-combat inspection of each POV and not permitting them onto the field until they are completely ready? (Proper markings and all) I realize that the staff is over tasked as it is.... Perhaps you could enlist the assistance of the faction leadership to help with things like this. I for one would be very willing to help.