AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

Just wondering how strict the fps limits are at the op. In other words, If I have my gun shooting 410 will I be allowed to use it? Or is it going to be strict to the max being 400..

Just wondering how strict the fps limits are at the op. In other words, If I have my gun shooting 410 will I be allowed to use it? Or is it going to be strict to the max being 400..

We are pretty strict, your average will need to be within a  few feet of 400 FPS.

You would be pushing your luck at 403. Depends on who chrono's your gun and how nice he is feeling. Over 3 fps, no way man.

Limits are limits.  

In my opinion, when I see a limit of 400 that means that 401 does not get in.   If 401 gets in than the limit is not 400...  

400 is the limit, it is not the goal.  I have found in years of airsofting that those who are most apt to push the limits are those who are newest to the sport.  Most of us who have been at this for a while rapidly realize that being good at what you are doing is VASTLY more important than a hot gun.  

Limits are limits.  

In my opinion, when I see a limit of 400 that means that 401 does not get in.   If 401 gets in than the limit is not 400...  

400 is the limit, it is not the goal.  I have found in years of airsofting that those who are most apt to push the limits are those who are newest to the sport.  Most of us who have been at this for a while rapidly realize that being good at what you are doing is VASTLY more important than a hot gun.  

Agree 100%. I use a 360 fps EF 4crs with a m-nub and I outrange most other aegs.