AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

Any suggestions were to get a 1 pin to 2 pin adapter.

I currently have a 1 pin motorola headset and trying to adapt to a PX-888.

Thanks

Any suggestions were to get a 1 pin to 2 pin adapter.

I currently have a 1 pin motorola headset and trying to adapt to a PX-888.

Thanks

You will need to get a (Kenwood) 2-pin headset.

I suggest looking at:

Pryme

Otto

Ztactical/Elemetn Bowman/Peltor/MSA/Frongman replicas

Thank you JP.. Sorry I did not mean to highjack the thread.

Now the search begins. So many choices..

where should i get my 777 or 888 from, please provide links if possible, i can't find 409shop on ebay.

just ordered from amazon, should get it on the 7th. Thanks Caveboy, never thought to check there lol

I found a PTT that will work with the PX-888.

If your current headset has a military standard plug you can go to Evike.com and order a PTT with the Kenwood plug for the PX-888 .

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=32835

or

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=31993

This might help some one from having to purchase a whole new headset.

Sorry to all of the vendors out there reading this.

Caveboy

My team lead and I ordered two Puxing 777s, one for him, one for me. His works great, but I had to ship mine back because the menu key didn't work, so I don't have an opinion on it quite yet. :P

A quick AAR note on this.

I did rather a lot of running around at Broken Home as much because I was actually not so much "at" Broken Home as I was at DDAP working on things and helping out at Broken Home when and where I could.

As such, I tended to be out further away than most everyone else and had a lot of opportunities to work on the fringes of commo range.

My Dodge has an ICOM F-221 radio mounted in it driving a military surplus Shakespeare SFB3512/VRC broadband (30-512 MHz) whip antenna. Default setting on my ICOM program is 5 watts and I was set to broadcast the 67.0 tone but receive on quieting.

I was able to call in an easily reach JP from about 2-3 miles north of Seneca, Mo as well as from down at Bunker Surplus and over at Twin Bridges State Park. Other guys radios would generally come in OK but JP was routinely coming in clearer and stronger than most anyone else. Some of this I am certain has to do with operation, JP does really well with commo compared to a lot of us out there. He speaks clearly, in an even tone, doesn’t get into a hurry, keeps his transmissions short etc but regardless, it was still a very good demo of the equipment he was using.

All in all, I would say that’s a pretty good showing for a radio in the Puxing’s price range. I have long been an ICOM fan but I think having seen how well that little radio does, I’d give it some serious consideration if I was starting fresh and buying new.

A quick AAR note on this.

I did rather a lot of running around at Broken Home as much because I was actually not so much "at" Broken Home as I was at DDAP working on things and helping out at Broken Home when and where I could.

As such, I tended to be out further away than most everyone else and had a lot of opportunities to work on the fringes of commo range.

My Dodge has an ICOM F-221 radio mounted in it driving a military surplus Shakespeare SFB3512/VRC broadband (30-512 MHz) whip antenna. Default setting on my ICOM program is 5 watts and I was set to broadcast the 67.0 tone but receive on quieting.

I was able to call in an easily reach JP from about 2-3 miles north of Seneca, Mo as well as from down at Bunker Surplus and over at Twin Bridges State Park. Other guys radios would generally come in OK but JP was routinely coming in clearer and stronger than most anyone else. Some of this I am certain has to do with operation, JP does really well with commo compared to a lot of us out there. He speaks clearly, in an even tone, doesn’t get into a hurry, keeps his transmissions short etc but regardless, it was still a very good demo of the equipment he was using.

All in all, I would say that’s a pretty good showing for a radio in the Puxing’s price range. I have long been an ICOM fan but I think having seen how well that little radio does, I’d give it some serious consideration if I was starting fresh and buying new.

What can I say... I am full of awesome!

I have the 888 too, does the TCI set come with a longer antenna or just the cable? I've been looking at it and I can't tell. I'm going to run mine for the first time tomorrow and I'll let you all know what sort of range it's got in the mountains.

It only includes the cable and MOLLE antenna mount. You have to use your own antenna.

JP and others, how did the system seem to work at BH? I am beginning an overhaul of my commo equipment and have considered setting something like this up.

You know what’s cool about commo equipment?

Users don’t usually know how well their gear works in so far as transmitted signal quality or output power, it’s usually the people who are talking to them who do. Users can generally tell you about receive audio quality, ergonomics etc.

I could talk to JP Missouri 43 heading into Seneca. (About 6 miles as the crow flies)

I could talk to JP from Bunker Surplus. (About 3 miles as the crow flies)

I could talk to JP from Oklahoma 137 at Twin Bridges State Park. (About 6 miles as the crow flies)

JP’s set up worked quite well as far as getting signal out. I’ll let him answer about his end of things.

**Note that before any of you guys start talking crazy about your “talks 18 miles†bubble pack radios, we’re talking about using real radios in the real world in real conditions not talking from Himilayian peak to Himilayian peak at midnight during a lunar eclipse standing in front if a drive in movie screen covered in tin foil. In the real world, the above performance is pretty good.

JP and others, how did the system seem to work at BH? I am beginning an overhaul of my commo equipment and have considered setting something like this up.

I just used my hand held Puxing 777 it was not even attached to the TCI mast, seemed to work quiet well.

Anyone got a picture of JP talking on the radio? I suspect we'll be able to make a very good point based upon what he's doing in the picture.

JP, do u use your stock antenna for your 888? Or do u have an aftermarket? If so, what u using? (Plugged in to the TCI mast)

JP, do u use your stock antenna for your 888? Or do u have an aftermarket? If so, what u using? (Plugged in to the TCI mast)

At OBH it was Stock, I have a larger whip antenna on it now, make sure you get ones that are tuned for your freq range.

Hey JP, do you know which version of the TCI MAST works for a Baofeng UV-5R? Seems like someone told me the version 4 for Kenwoods, but I'm not sure.

-Thanks.

Hey JP, do you know which version of the TCI MAST works for a Baofeng UV-5R? Seems like someone told me the version 4 for Kenwoods, but I'm not sure.

-Thanks.

Baofeng's are Kenwood 2-Pins.