AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

I have been a big fan of the Puxing's over the ICOMs just because of their ability to be easily programmed in the field. I will say they are not as durable as an ICOM but they can handle a bit of rough handling.

I recently moved my main radio over to a Puxing 888 for the voice feature, encryption and secondary channel monitoring but ran into an issue with the speaker shorting out. evidently I am not the only one with this issue and since then have gone back to my 777 until the issue with the Puxing 888's seem to be ironed out.

I also run a TCI Mast on my JPC to help give better LOS. Now really how effective is this, guess I will find out this year at Broken Home.

I have a Puxing 888 with E66#K Throat Mic for KG-UVD1P PX-888 PX777 PX-328 TG-UV

Had any issues w/ your 888?

I am in the process of getting rid of icoms and switching my team to the puxing 777. JP what kind of Ptt is that and what headset do you use?

I am in the process of getting rid of icoms and switching my team to the puxing 777. JP what kind of Ptt is that and what headset do you use?

It is a Peltor "replica" PTT I believe it's an "Element" but I imagine they are all made in the same factory and re-branded. I currently wear a Bowman headset along and also a Peltor Earcom (however I have had difficulty w/ this earpiece staying in my ear). I have been looking at Quiet Pros and Invsio M3's but really need to get some first hand experience with that gear before I drop that much money on my comms.

What is the pin type for the Puxing? (What type of PTT's will fit? I found 3 main types.)

I have been looking at comms for Broken Home and have not heard of the Puxing until now. Very good price range for me.

What is the pin type for the Puxing? (What type of PTT's will fit? I found 3 main types.)

I have been looking at comms for Broken Home and have not heard of the Puxing until now. Very good price range for me.

Kenwood 2 Pin

Puxing 777 has been my radio for the past year. No problems with it, and I use a surveillance coil earpiece with the inline ptt button and clothing clips. this thing is LOUD, so I barely turn the knob after it's on. Alot of radios I've been hearing have garbled transmissions lately, and some of them are expensive radios. I'm hesitant to even try something else, except maybe a bowman type headset. The only other radio that transmits well that I've heard lately is the iCom that Dirtpro uses. It's pretty clear and doesnt have alot of background noise.

I can say with confidence that the Icom F4S is a nice radio. Ive been running an Icom for the past 4 years with a Pryme Patriot boom mic head set and have never had any problems, Ive used other radios and headsets over the years but this has been my go to set up when I needed range, clarity, and long use time.

I have the 888 too, does the TCI set come with a longer antenna or just the cable? I've been looking at it and I can't tell. I'm going to run mine for the first time tomorrow and I'll let you all know what sort of range it's got in the mountains.

The PX-888K is dual band operating on 136-174/400-480Mhz UHF+VHF, FRS Channels are on UHF so you can use it with FRS and GMRS

It is a Peltor "replica" PTT I believe it's an "Element" but I imagine they are all made in the same factory and re-branded. I currently wear a Bowman headset along and also a Peltor Earcom (however I have had difficulty w/ this earpiece staying in my ear). I have been looking at Quiet Pros and Invsio M3's but really need to get some first hand experience with that gear before I drop that much money on my comms.

How much are Invisio's?

How much are Invisio's?

~380+ w/o PTTs. So for a working set up w/o a radio probably looking around 600-700ish :(

*cough* *hack* *dies* If only money grew on trees. :(

Aye, I have been trying to save up forever for a really solid set of comm gear have yet to accomplish it.