American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Corndograndall

What Goggles, Glasses, or other eye protection do you use?

That being said, I'm pretty sold on the Bobsters. Condensation will always be a problem with full sealing goggles/glasses because there's no air flow to wick the moisture away. Bring a few clean rags and lots of cat crap! :rolleyes:

You won't regret it. They come with a bunch of goodies, and they fit just like a pair of sunglasses, so it's real easy to use any sort of sights. Plus...they look pretty cool. I use them for driving until my Oakleys get in.

I use Pyramex XSG Ballistic goggles. The price is good, the anti-fog coating works well (provided that you take care of it), the goggles are lightweight, and the airflow in and out is solid. I've had 2 pairs of these, with my first pair being purchased just before the very first OKI. My current pair is doing well, even if the adhesive that seals the goggle to the foam is starting to give way. They're great with most headgear but look a little odd with a helmet, so I may get a pair of the Revision low-profile jump goggles for that purpose. I've also got 2 pairs of Arena Flakjaks which are great overall, but a little bulky.

31XW34Co9mL._AA300_.jpg

Before I forget - I want to plug for the Catcrap and Revision wipes as far as anti-fog protection. The Catcrap works really well, but the one downside is application can be an issue especially if you're out in the field and your hands are dirty and you're applying it with your fingers. The Revision wipes work wonders both before and during time on the field. I know that they may dry out before that 20-use period, but if you re-wet the wipes, they work as long as the effective chemical is still in the wipe and the wipe itself isn't really dirty.

I ran X800 goggles for the first time at OBH, they didn't fog once (didn't use of any wipes or anti-fog chemicals.) To say I was pleased is an understatement. I have problems with shooting glasses fogging, so I expected problems with these. I'll be ordering another pair as a backup pretty soon. These same goggles are >$20 on Amazon, although shipping from HK took a month last time. And they are VERY comfortable to wear.

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactical-gear/goggle-glasses/usmc-airsoft-x800-tactical-goggle-glasses-gx1000-yellow

I always wonder about how eye pro from a foreign retailer would do on fogging, thanks for posting that. I don't think I'd be able to use those, since many of the ops here in Texas say that the lenses/frames have to be ANSI rated.

I just got a set of photochromic ballistic lenses for my Rudy Project Guardyans, I love them. They will transition to clear if I go inside or under heavy canopy. With cat crap, they stay virtually fog free and I like it that I can go from using standard temples (flat to fit under ear pro) to using a strap and the gasket is also removable.

I do wear ESS turbofans when the humidity is high or there is not enough breeze to help clear the fogging.

Tip: I purchased both my eye pro sets using my flexible spending account that is available from work. Under the FSA guidelines, protective eye wear is an approved expense. I just made sure my optometrist provided a detailed receipt stating that my purchase was for safety eye wear which was ANSI rated.

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/index_inner_detail.php?group_id=1&cat_id=1&item_id=SN168106

I always wonder about how eye pro from a foreign retailer would do on fogging, thanks for posting that. I don't think I'd be able to use those, since many of the ops here in Texas say that the lenses/frames have to be ANSI rated.

Wow, I thought they were ANSI rated or I wouldn't have bought them, but looking again they don't mention it. I'll double check the box...

I love the idea of using money that would otherwise go to waste...

I'm currently using Smith Optic Boogie Regulators with the Ignitor Lens. Loving them so far! Low profile, comfortable and work well in a variety of light conditions. Yes, they fog a little bit but let's face it, no goggles/glasses are fog proof. Also, they add a level of badassery to your loadout. If you're looking to get new eye pro, give them a shot, they're well worth the money.

I use arena flakjaks with the vents removed and they stay fairly fogfree when standing still. Moving they clear right up.

That being said they offer NO fave protection so I run an M7 annex full face mask or a Save Phace mask. Milsim be damned I want to go home with all my teeth in my mouth not in a cup.

so if a full facemask isn't as cool I don't care lol...

I just picked up one of these http://321airsoft.com/HaberVision-Elimi ... n-1362.htm and installed it into my Mi-7 Annex mask and will get to test it Thursday.

when it's turned on, it's definitely noticeable but it has a sensing mode that detects a level of humidity then turns on and off accordingly.

Reviews seem to say it works pretty well.

I wear glasses and on the Mi-7 I can't even tell it's there and it doesn't get in the way of my glasses one bit.

I wear a pair of Arena Flakjaks - I love them. I'm not precisely a small guy, and I sweat like you wouldn't believe, so fogging has always been an issue for me. But with the Flakjaks, so long as I do what I should be doing anyway and stay mobile, I never have a problem. I wear an IronFace V2 half-face mask to cover my jaw and teeth and whatnot. Already probably saved me a few pearly whites...

My ESS turbofans fan quit working so I have purchased the Revision turbofans and got a thermal lense for it as well, that combo'd with some fogtech antifog and I should be fog-free.

started off using flak jaks, took the vents out. no fogging. then got a pair of ESS turbos a couple of years ago. actually had to take the foam out one game because the humidity was so bad. I also picked up something called a wide-i. its a magnetic wiper that wipes the condensation off the goggle lens. i've also used a pair of oakley assault goggles, but they fogged up so i removed the foam from those as well.

http://www.wide-i.com/

pretty ingenius if i say so myself.

Guest Specs

I used Wiley-X AirRages for Sun glasses, shooting glasses and MilSim. They have a removable cranial gasket to make them full sealing, I'd would be rolling with revisions but these already have my RX in them.

The AirRage are nice small and super lo-pro.

Hey JP! Looking at the AirRage's myself. What did the pricetag look like after the Rx lenses and all that? Did you order online and what was the shipping time like? 

Trying to find an option before BH4 arrives, but not sure I'll be able to get anything in time. Was checking out the DVX line, but didn't look like they had a full seal gasket option after all, and the selection in store was poor at best.

That glasseslyfe...  :(  B)

Hi, i buy ESS  Land Ops Striker Goggles, because i read in this thread some nice info. 

But my experience want's so good. 

The Clear lenses at the first day of use, burned the cloth (film) of glasses, i don't know why. 

I will remove the foam and test it with the Smoke Gray glasses.

post-3529-0-87225300-1435023716_thumb.jpg