American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Corndograndall

What Goggles, Glasses, or other eye protection do you use?

I used Wiley-X AirRages for Sun glasses, shooting glasses and MilSim. They have a removable cranial gasket to make them full sealing, I'd would be rolling with revisions but these already have my RX in them.

The AirRage are nice small and super lo-pro.

I too wear Wiley's. My last pair were SG-1's. They were great, but after OP Bright Rain VI, either some one stole them or Bash's car ate them. I'm going to be getting another pair but I'm looking at the AirRages this time. If I don't run Wiley's for whatever reason, I always fall back on my trusty Flackhjacks. I bring a set of those to every game/OP just in case. They've never let me down, I just find the bulkiness of 'goggles' to be undesireable in my personal preference.

Turbo Fan ESS Stykers and now Turbo Fan ESS Profiles in FG. Fanned goggles are a godsend.

I tried some sunglass type Wiley X's and managed to fog them up test fitting them in my A/C'd cubicle. :(

I wear Oakley something or others LOL They are I.E.D. Defeat glasses. The balistic lenses seal against the bones of my face and wrap around to mid ear. Total Sealing with no useless pads pushing the eyeprotection away from your face. Full sealing, anti-fogging, and man they look cool LOL.

I'm a fan of the Revision Hellflys when i comes to shooting style glasses. Had them since BO2 and they are awesome! However, if I had to pick a full facemask, I'm digging the DYE Masks we received for T&E. These things DO NOT FOG. Double Paned, Seal Masks that keep the window from fogging. They are amazing.

I'm a fan if the JT Proflex paintball goggles and mask from back in my paintball days. I've seen too many "goggles only" airsoft players get teeth damaged or even shot out.

JT makes a fan (~ $ 25.00) that has never failed to clear even the toughest fogging. I routinely fog even antifog lenses so I appreciate this.

I use a couple of dfferent set ups, ESS Profile NVGs with a modified fan, Wiley SG1's, Arena Flakjaks, or a modified pair of Wiley Zaks. The Zaks are probably my favorites. I use them for competition shooting and have never had any hot brass get stuck between the frames and my face which has happened with a few other sets of glasses Ive run.

Oakley M-Frame 2.0s. Never understood why a lot of fields in the midwest don't allow these to be used, as they were designed for full eye protection in mind. Most of SABRE uses Oakley sunglasses for protection in some form or another.

Barring that, I run ESS Profiles. Looking into the V12s.

Oakley M-Frame 2.0s. Never understood why a lot of fields in the midwest don't allow these to be used, as they were designed for full eye protection in mind. Most of SABRE uses Oakley sunglasses for protection in some form or another.

Barring that, I run ESS Profiles. Looking into the V12s.

They are not allowed due to not having a full seal around the eye even though they cover the whole eye. It must have some kind of foam or other sealant around the lense that creates a seal.

They are not allowed due to not having a full seal around the eye even though they cover the whole eye. It must have some kind of foam or other sealant around the lense that creates a seal.

Oh yeah, I get you on that completely. Been doing this a long, long time.

Thing is, they generally provide more than enough protection of the eye, and I and many many others have run shooting glasses for years without incident.

Wish there was a way to get insurance groups to allow for that kind of eye protection amended to the waiver. So long as they are ballistically rated, they should be allowed. The user, being over 18, should have the right to choose their own eye pro if they feel it is good enough.

Keep in mind, goggles in the military are rarely used while in combat. You see them running glasses if they want to protect themselves.

I agree since all of my Oakleys are ballistic rated but thems the rules. Ive seen the rules on those type of glasses change so many times since I started playing in 2000.

2002 here, lol.

Yep, the rules change often...but dem's da breaks.

I completely agree with Snake6 and Sabre. I almost lost my eye because someone didnt like my superior eye pro. They made me switch to revisions which are supposed to be rated for getting direct hits. One hit to the lens at close range and they shattered. Lost my eye for 2 weeks. The doc was surprised my vision came back. Those goggles didnt even seal to my face. I turned sideways and you could see my eyeball. REALLY? And they fogged up like all goggles do. Now i have a trauma induced cataract and a high risk of retinal detachment because they didnt like my superior eye pro. LOL ok off my soap box now! I also wear oakley mil spec ballistic m-Frames. which seal better than any others I have tried. I even added a little "PAD" to seal even better cuz i got a skinny ass head!

I completely agree with Snake6 and Sabre. I almost lost my eye because someone didnt like my superior eye pro. They made me switch to revisions which are supposed to be rated for getting direct hits. One hit to the lens at close range and they shattered. Lost my eye for 2 weeks. The doc was surprised my vision came back. Those goggles didnt even seal to my face. I turned sideways and you could see my eyeball. REALLY? And they fogged up like all goggles do. Now i have a trauma induced cataract and a high risk of retinal detachment because they didnt like my superior eye pro. LOL ok off my soap box now! I also wear oakley mil spec ballistic m-Frames. which seal better than any others I have tried. I even added a little "PAD" to seal even better cuz i got a skinny ass head!

If they are modified with a seal then Pitt the safety Nazi might have to take a look and make a judgement call on site. In case they don't pass inspection bring a pair of approved eye protection so you don't have to miss out on OP BADASS!

I put small fans in my US goggles 4-5 years ago and ran 9 volt batteries either attached or in my helmet. I made several sets so I would have backups in case of shorts or burnouts. I also have a couple of the ESS turbofan goggles, one set up with the sunglasses and the other with the clear lens. I have recently bought RX inserts for these which are more comfortable, and give me better vision. The drawback to the ESS is that they do not fit tight if worn from a helmet, so they must go underneath. I added another elastic strap to go on top of my head and keep the goggles from ever sliding down on my face.

When you train the way I do you get to running around and your body temp goes up. Then comes the fog. I and most of my team run ESS fans. And yes they help a lot. So if you are a big person you mite want some fans in your goggles. D-Day will make you sweat your azz off. Don't need to be fighting our goggles to.

Yeah the ess goggles ate sweet too. Just make sure you Don't forget to turn fan off when not using, cause I've been there and it sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I just started using the OTW Turbo Fan goggles from Smith's new Elite line. So far I love them. Before that I used my issue ESS Profile NVG's.

$(KGrHqRHJEQE88dEze0oBP(61-EBjg~~60_12.JPG

These are the goggles I will be using!

Those look like a pair of ESS Striker Land Ops goggles. Those are my preference as well. There is a filtration system along the top and bottom of the goggles that I believe must be removed. In Nebraska where I play it's very humid during the heat season; not removing the foam filter causes the goggles to fog up very fast. After removing the foam I've only had one time where the goggles have fogged up on me.

I was prescribed a pair of glasses just before I started playing Airsoft, and the ESS Striker Land Ops can easily accommodate a pair without issues. I've since stocked up on disposable contact lenses for sports and the like, but I still prefer to wear the Land Ops even when not wearing my glasses.

Ive used Bolle, ESS profiles, ESS Turbo fans, Wiley X, Oakley Gas Cans, ESS Crossbows, ESS Suppressors, Random ESS Sunglasses (forget the model), and a few others.

Goggles......I definitely recommend ESS Profile Turbo Fans.

Shooting Glasses.........I recommend ESS Crossbows (if not wearing ear pro) OR ESS Suppressors (If you have ear pro/headset on)