American MilSim
Kermit

Water buffalo thing

will you guys have the big water truck buffalo thing like at BH1? if not, will there be something else to get water from out in the field?

sorry if this is already answered somewhere.

I left three of them sitting by the air ball field that have all been cleaned up and sanitised already this year.   Several more out in the field will need to be collected up, cleaned and sanitised yet. 

They are a great asset if filled a day or two in advance and allowed to vent out so that the sulfur taste dissipates but are not that helpful if you just fill them and roll.  

You ever priced a water buffalo?  

How about a Deuce to haul it with?  

How about maintenance on both?  

How about drivers?  

Ever trailered a water buffalo with a deuce down the highway for hours and hours on end?  

I have done all of those... 

4474859611_98e9184e8b.jpg

From my perspective, AMS should keep doing what they are doing.   Investing in major support equipment requires a lot of money and a lot of support troops, none of which are easy to come by these days.  Telling people to remember to bring water is a great deal easier.  

At an event with 500 players, if each player brings a case of water then there is plenty of water to go around and nobody has to jump through all the hoops to back everyone up.  

there are like 6 on the field at different locations last year. Locations meaning key points i know one was at the blue bus by Coleville.

This ---^

Yes, there will be water, there will be bottled water, there will be water in jerry cans, there will be water in 5 gallon coolers, there will be water in water buffalos.

BUT this doesn't mean you shouldn't go buy a  few 75 cent gallons of water at your local Wal-Mart.

I find it much better to rely on myself to be self-sufficient, just in case. :)

Memory serves you incorrectly Doc.  

They have two large air out tanks that they will at some point get operational but they are not there yet.   The main issue is that you need to segregate out the drinking water system with the rest of the water system since otherwise the system gets immediately overrun when 300 people show up and each flush the toilet once.  

This is being to sound like a C&W honky-tonk tune,,,

'It's just an ol' water buffalo thang,,,

I gotta figure out what t' brang.

Does I need more Gatorade?

Or a piller to rest m'haad?

It's just an ol'water  buffalo thang.'

All this water talk....  I just want to know who is bringing the ice?!!!  I gots to have some chilled water while slinging BBs.  

700 people.. what do you think?  20lbs per person?  14,000 lbs should cover it..  I think we might need a few hemtts... anyone have any connections with the National Guard?

We could move that much ice in the East Wind trucks, we wouldn't even have to get the big trucks out to do it.  

But I am smart enough not to.  

You do not want ice water, you want water.  

Ice cold water just invites putting people into shock, that is how heat casualties turn into heat deaths.