American MilSim

I have a question, this is the post in the rule set

A. 400 FPS max for 6mm AEG weapons

B. 330 FPS (1.618 J ) Max for 6mm Gas weapons (Classics, PolarStars)

Why do polarstars have to give way to 70 fps to a AEG? There is no difference in fps setting if I have an AEG or polarstar. Can someone explain why we get the shaft for usuing a p*?

trying not to be "that guy".... whats the deal so polarstars can fire full auto basicly but aegs cant with new rule.(i know not actual full auto but you have seen the trigger response to polarstars) polarstars can also have a higher FPS than aegs by almost 20fps..... 

does anyone else see the unfair advantage polarstar players will start having at AMS events.. guess we are going to see alot more pople adopt that platform for ams events so they can still spray and pray at a higher fps.

I tend to agree with you here. I don't see why they are allowed a higher fps. Mainly because their energy transfer is a lot higher. But then again I really hate polarstars so I am a but bias.

trying not to be "that guy".... whats the deal so polarstars can fire full auto basicly but aegs cant with new rule.(i know not actual full auto but you have seen the trigger response to polarstars) polarstars can also have a higher FPS than aegs by almost 20fps..... 

does anyone else see the unfair advantage polarstar players will start having at AMS events.. guess we are going to see alot more pople adopt that platform for ams events so they can still spray and pray at a higher fps.

First...  Polarstars are not allowed a higher FPS.  The "FPS" is actually lower because of the increased weight of the round.  Do the math, a .32 out of a P* is about the same joule as a .2 out of an AEG (2/10th of a joule).

So I am going to assume you're talking, about the trigger response time, and the RPS of a P*. On that topic, you can short stroke an AEG, correct for AOE, and upgrade wiring and trigger contacts and GREATLY increase the response time of an AEG.

So it aint a big damn deal.

Unless you run GBBR's.  (Like me).  Then you can bitch all you want. (Which if you ran a GBBR you'd be a badass and already understand that trigger response means precisely dick when combined with forethought and tactics.)

Hes right, transfered or felt energy will be the same. If you want trigger response you can get it with your aeg too. Either way your investing money. Some people spend more, others dont.

First...  Polarstars are not allowed a higher FPS.  The "FPS" is actually lower because of the increased weight of the round.  Do the math, a .32 out of a P* is about the same joule as a .2 out of an AEG (2/10th of a joule).

So I am going to assume you're talking, about the trigger response time, and the RPS of a P*. On that topic, you can short stroke an AEG, correct for AOE, and upgrade wiring and trigger contacts and GREATLY increase the response time of an AEG.

So it aint a big damn deal.

Unless you run GBBR's.  (Like me).  Then you can bitch all you want. (Which if you ran a GBBR you'd be a badass and already understand that trigger response means precisely dick when combined with forethought and tactics.)

i run a GBBR most the time.....30rd mags

i DID the math... 1.49 joules is a smaller number than 1.62 joules

the 1.62 joules in a polar star is closer to 420 fps with .2 bbs so that is 20 more fps for polar star platforms 

i was referring to the fact that polarstars can reach a very high ROF in semi auto. 

im not a big fan of the polarstar platforms i think they are dangerous and making a ruleset that rewards there use is going to cause problems when more and more people adopt them over aegs

i would also like to point out the condescending attitude is not needed. Big Candy... 

Unless you run GBBR's.  (Like me).  Then you can bitch all you want. (Which if you ran a GBBR you'd be a badass and already understand that trigger response means precisely dick when combined with forethought and tactics.)

"do you even lift bro?"   about the equivalent to what you just said.... and to answer you, yes i do run a GBBR with realsim mags... im sure that does not make me better than anyone it puts me at a disadvantage in reality because you cannot put as many bbs down range as lets say.... they guy with a polerstar and modded trigger.  

i run a GBBR most the time.....30rd mags

i DID the math... 1.49 joules is a smaller number than 1.62 joules

the 1.62 joules in a polar star is closer to 420 fps with .2 bbs so that is 20 more fps for polar star platforms 

i was referring to the fact that polarstars can reach a very high ROF in semi auto. 

im not a big fan of the polarstar platforms i think they are dangerous and making a ruleset that rewards there use is going to cause problems when more and more people adopt them over aegs

This. And just to put it in perspective this is roughly an 11% gain in power. Last time I checked 11% is a pretty large gain.

Robert,

While I can't speak to the exact numbers provided by AMS staff, I doubt the intent was to provide an incentive to P* owners. The goal of chronoing a P* in this way is to prevent "energy creep". I feel this is a move in the right direction, now if only we could move to a Joule based chono system regardless of weapon type.

I suspect the selected numbers are simply based on common rules in place elsewhere, and to make it easier for staff/volunteers to handle the change.

For those who are wondering, for a .32 BB to very closely match the energy of a .20 shot at 400fps the .32 BB would have a limit of about 316fps. 

Maybe this thread will shed light on the disparity and prompt a rule change?

I appreciate the questions and discussions on this topic. After further review it appears we either made a miscalculation on our velocity to energy conversion or a clerical error in typing the rule out.

I have since modified the FPS rules regarding Classics and Polarstars.

Rifleman

B. 320 FPS (1.52 J ) Max for 6mm Gas weapons (Classics, PolarStars).

DMR

C. 355 FPS (1.88 J) Max for 6mm DMR Gas Weapons (Classics, PolarStars).

Thanks,

JP

The problem most people have with p* are the ones who abuse the rules set for them I use both p* and ptw and my p* is set at 55psi with red nozzle and red poppet vavle and only chronos at 330 fps at about 1joule my ptw hits way harder then the p* does but both have equal range.

I love the p* platform and at esr I saw a couple guys running them way to fast and abusing the rules which is upsetting to me cause theses are the ones that give it a bad name

Not quite sure why people are posting that polarstars are dangerous. Both rate of fire and fps can be matched and even exceeded by AEG's. I think that people who post that they are dangerous or should be banned are the ones that can't afford them and are ultimately jealous.