American MilSim

PRAISE and a Question about single shot only

I just wonder at what point having a difference of opinion on something you do not necessarily agree with is considered whining. Whining would be when you beat the dead horse and make every conversation fall back onto how this rule is the cause for all the turmoil in the world. Stating an opinion against the norm is just that not whining.

the problem is you take personnally something that was intended as a general comment. I appreciate comments both for or against.. I didn't make the rule just looking for feed back..

If you took my comment as directed at you or any others who disagree... my apologies!! It was not.

if you disagree... well then you disagree. I am ok with that...as a matter of fact I encourage it if you feel differantly. When a descition is makebit has to take all sides of an issue to make the best decision you can to fullfill your vision. I believe Ams did this.. this has been a topic on back channels for more than a year...

It is what it is for better or worse we will see..

How you manage the single shot thing will be on the individual.. I was looking for ways easy cheap fix because I have 12 rifles to mod since my kids play with me.. and I have to manage that.. no whining just fact..lol

Unless this community embraces it it will not work...

a lot of comments have been "I already do that".. well its a non issue then isnt it.

I agree with the hit calling comment someone made... it will be that much harder to get those hits called without a stream of bbs to reinforce the hit.. thats just a fact..

like i stated in a previous post not everyone will agree and there will be those who agree..and then we have those who disagree with comments its al good to me...

First of all, as a sniper I am totally in favor of this rule change.  I put forth a ton of extra effort to play a specialized role, and I find it incredibly rewarding to do so.  This will allow the SSGs to experience that same feeling of actually being useful, and being rewarded for going the extra mile to provide something for their unit that wasn't previously there.

I am slightly concerned that this will make all riflemen everywhere try to start calling themselves Designated Marksmen, since there is no real downside to up-ing your FPS to DM limits.  Maybe if the standard rifleman has no MED, or some such difference.  The problem here is the weapon does not make the role.  Just because more people will be using DMRs (my prediction) does not mean there will be more DMs on the field.

Anybody complaining about people being able to shoot really fast in semi-auto is kinda missing the point.  Of course bbs will fly as fast as you pull the trigger, this has always been true.  However, someone wailing on his trigger will be inherently less accurate than someone who is just holding it down.  You can still suppress with rapid semi-auto, but if you want any accuracy to speak of, you will have to actually use your weapon effectively.

My only critique is that if the real steel weapon has a burst fire mode, then it should be okay for the airsoft version as well.  Its just something else to tag at the chrono station.

Can't wait to see how this changes the game at Op:BH3!

I think we need to remember that this is airsoft, and we are shooting bbs, not simunitions. A real bullet doesn't have a 5+ windage at 200ft with a 10mph wind, and that is what I get with a .30. I am a DMR, so I already shoot semi-auto. I am thinking of other players. And remember that the players who will want to use full auto won't be on the forms, because they don't have their entire lives tied up in airsoft. If you enforce this rule at BH3 those players may not come back. I like the medic rule, I like the uniform and ammo restrictions, but I think semi-auto only is just too much. Airsoft is not real, and we can't make it real. We need to have a little more fun and forget about trying to make everything perfect, because we can't. That's my 2 cents.

Found the Youtube video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Y50Ta4B3g

i just watched the video. I like this rule. I think we'll see more fire and maneuver. I also think I'll need to carry fewer midcaps as I tend to be a damage magnet on the field.

My home field, So Go Airsoft, is a single-fire only CQB field and has been for a very long time. Semi-automatic fire only does not prevent someone from pulling the trigger a great many times in a short time; it can easily be mistaken for full auto fire.

Related to the above post: I've been playing semi-auto only for quite awhile now. As both a player and a referee, it's been my experience an AEG will sometimes lock up and stop firing when it is used in semi-auto only. The only (non-MOSFET) way to fix this is to switch the gun to full auto and fire a short burst. For this reason, I think AMS should allow guns to retain their full auto capability. Perhaps yelling, "Clearing fire!" and then firing the short burst will prevent in-game confusion and accusations of cheating.

I just wonder how Kastway feels about the surely-reduced ammo sales . . .

On a sidenote: AMS needs to do a better job of disseminating its rules changes and not just rely on Youtube. Perhaps an announcement posted across the relevant AMS forums?

Those with the "DMR argument" are not even remotely reading their ruleset.   

DMR's MUST BE INCAPABLE OF FIRING IN FULL AUTO.

As well...  1 DMR per SQUAD.

Therefore, those arguments are completely invalid.  If every riflemen goes through the steps to make their AEG incapable of firing full auto (which they wont), then the limitation of only having 1 DMR per squad will limit them.  

If for some asinine reason there happens to be some MASSIVE influx in that role (which there wont be)... then AMS will certainly implement some sort of DMR verification.

AMS already regulates the number of DMR players per unit. It will fall to unit commanders to properly regulate and distribute the DMR players. Part of their job will be to tell all the precious snowflakes who want to fill a DMR slot that those spots are limited and it's just not their time. That's a command responsibility.

I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done about the players who set up their guns to fire almost as rapidly on semi-auto as on full-auto. I guess what Kastway loses in bb sales they can make up for sales of MOSFET units, 11.1 lipo batteries, high speed gear sets and tech field service charges. With a discount for mutiple replacements for the same gun during the event, of course.

Single fire only? Better get yourself a tight bore barrel (if you don't already have one) and dial in your sights.

Really looking forward to this.

EDIT: Prepared this comment while Big Candy was preparing and posting his. Sorry!

Guest Specs

As well...  1 DMR per SQUAD.

Blazing full cap letters aside, thank you sir for  correcting me on that note.

I would hope then, that support gunners might get opened up to the same squad limitation, rather than limited per team. Having a squad that operates around a support gunner, I find it adds something unique to the squad dynamic in getting them set up and placed between movements/locations.

Some clarifications that I hope will help;

Guns don't need to be rendered semi auto unless they shoot in three round burst and it will fall upon the individual to follow the rules. Just like everything else the rule will be pushed or broken but hopefully everyone will follow it.

If you need to engage in full auto then you need to learn to hit your target. I have been shooting in semi for years and I have never had an issue with not hitting my target, unless I can't reach it of course LOL.

DMR's are a different monster and not even a part of the rule.

I like the rule but, I hate the timing this is the kind of rule you implement with plenty of time for people to get new equipment. I cant afford to go out and buy a new weapon platform bewteen the rest of my bills and I am disappointed in american milsim for not giving more notice.

I like the rule but, I hate the timing this is the kind of rule you implement with plenty of time for people to get new equipment. I cant afford to go out and buy a new weapon platform bewteen the rest of my bills and I am disappointed in american milsim for not giving more notice.

Why do you need to buy a new weapon to shoot in semi only?

Good to see so much feedback and discussion, we are trying to build the framework and the community to help elevate our events to not be "hard core" but a step up from "Milsim Light". We want to cater to all types of players, but at the end of the day we need to raise the bar and build our Milsim skill sets. 

Just wai till the Land Nav stuff starts showing up... ;)

ONLY DMRs need to be modified to physically disable shooting FA, this does NOT apply to Rifleman role. The only thing I would suggest for you guys is to invest in a  Non-Breaking MOSFET.

Just like when AMS removed High Caps, trust me the SEMI-AUTO rule will make the events BETTER, it will make TACTICS, Movement, Communication and Individual marksmanship MATTER much more.

I am really looking forward to OBH3 and the rest of 2014 with this new rule addition.

Semi-auto makes the most sense when using mid-caps or real-caps.

Also, we need to make sure there is only one support gunner per squad. I know there might be a rush to buy LMGs so you can full retard and hose down an area on full-auto with a big 'ol bitch box of plastic pellets on the pew-pew.

Nice slang, huh? :P

A couple points for anyone that is against the full auto:

1. This is American Milsim, since in the name they claim to be milsim it is up to them to strive for it, so I don't see room for argument against it in the first place.

2. With the note above, moving to semi auto for rifleman allows for utilization of weapon roles as they are meant to be. And don't try the old "just limit ammo" rule with me, because we all know how that goes with everyone firing on full auto and reloading every hour or two during gameplay. 

3. It allows for a different style of play. People complain that they need to be able to suppress with their rifles, that's what a SUPPORT weapon is for.  It changes the fact that one man with a rifle can wipe out a full team, it requires you to work as a unit.  When you need to rely on someone else to get tons of rounds down range you have to work as a team and utilize squad movement. Also, it makes the game more fluid as the air isn't so thick with bb's that you can't move from position to position.

4. Almost done. NOW, saying that firing on semi will ruin your gun. Are you freaking kidding me? Take out the 11.1 lipo and put in a 7.4 or a 9.6 and you'll be fine, for the last 5 years almost every game I've played with either a 7.4 or a 9.6 in my gun (Echo1, A&K, KWA, VFC) and fired on semi auto and NEVER had a problem with it. And yes I often will pull the trigger quickly to get a couple more rounds out quickly.

5. Lastly, if you really truly believe that you are God's gift to suppressing fire and you have to fire on full auto then get a support weapon and embrace your true calling. Your team will definitely be relying on you in this new style of gameplay. 

To finish my statement though, once you start playing the game you won't even realize you are "hindered" in your gameplay because you will adapt to it very quickly. Afterwards you will realize how much of a blast it was as you got used to it, I used to be a skeptic too. Just give it a shot before you bash it and think that AMS is trying to destroy airsoft. 

the problem is you take personnally something that was intended as a general comment. I appreciate comments both for or against.. I didn't make the rule just looking for feed back..

If you took my comment as directed at you or any others who disagree... my apologies!! It was not.

if you disagree... well then you disagree. I am ok with that...as a matter of fact I encourage it if you feel differantly. When a descition is makebit has to take all sides of an issue to make the best decision you can to fullfill your vision. I believe Ams did this.. this has been a topic on back channels for more than a year...

It is what it is for better or worse we will see..

How you manage the single shot thing will be on the individual.. I was looking for ways easy cheap fix because I have 12 rifles to mod since my kids play with me.. and I have to manage that.. no whining just fact..lol

Unless this community embraces it it will not work...

a lot of comments have been "I already do that".. well its a non issue then isnt it.

I agree with the hit calling comment someone made... it will be that much harder to get those hits called without a stream of bbs to reinforce the hit.. thats just a fact..

like i stated in a previous post not everyone will agree and there will be those who agree..and then we have those who disagree with comments its al good to me...

Was not directed at you Top, it was a general statement due to the various discussions on Facebook and this forum where anyone who has an issue with this new rule gets labeled as a whiner or a spray and pray noob who just has to have his full auto. I see both sides of the issue I just do not like being forced to only fire semi since I just went out and had my gun setup to fire 3 round burst and now that is useless.

A couple points for anyone that is against the full auto:

1. This is American Milsim, since in the name they claim to be milsim it is up to them to strive for it, so I don't see room for argument against it in the first place.

2. With the note above, moving to semi auto for rifleman allows for utilization of weapon roles as they are meant to be. And don't try the old "just limit ammo" rule with me, because we all know how that goes with everyone firing on full auto and reloading every hour or two during gameplay. 

3. It allows for a different style of play. People complain that they need to be able to suppress with their rifles, that's what a SUPPORT weapon is for.  It changes the fact that one man with a rifle can wipe out a full team, it requires you to work as a unit.  When you need to rely on someone else to get tons of rounds down range you have to work as a team and utilize squad movement. Also, it makes the game more fluid as the air isn't so thick with bb's that you can't move from position to position.

4. Almost done. NOW, saying that firing on semi will ruin your gun. Are you freaking kidding me? Take out the 11.1 lipo and put in a 7.4 or a 9.6 and you'll be fine, for the last 5 years almost every game I've played with either a 7.4 or a 9.6 in my gun (Echo1, A&K, KWA, VFC) and fired on semi auto and NEVER had a problem with it. And yes I often will pull the trigger quickly to get a couple more rounds out quickly.

5. Lastly, if you really truly believe that you are God's gift to suppressing fire and you have to fire on full auto then get a support weapon and embrace your true calling. Your team will definitely be relying on you in this new style of gameplay. 

To finish my statement though, once you start playing the game you won't even realize you are "hindered" in your gameplay because you will adapt to it very quickly. Afterwards you will realize how much of a blast it was as you got used to it, I used to be a skeptic too. Just give it a shot before you bash it and think that AMS is trying to destroy airsoft.

could not have said it better.. and I didnt..lol

Was not directed at you Top, it was a general statement due to the various discussions on Facebook and this forum where anyone who has an issue with this new rule gets labeled as a whiner or a spray and pray noob who just has to have his full auto. I see both sides of the issue I just do not like being forced to only fire semi since I just went out and had my gun setup to fire 3 round burst and now that is useless.

Agreed!!

I have to say I am a big fan of this rule.  I know a lot of people wont like being limited in what they can do (which I can understand to a point) but rules like midcaps and semi-auto only are the best ways to control gameplay in my opinion.  Making the SSW the focal point of the squad in terms of offensive firepower and suppression ability is not only more "realistic" but also frees the other members of the squad to be more mobile and aggressive.

SOG is a smaller 5 man squad, but we have been utilizing a LMG very effectively in our first 2 AMS events fighting for the CDF.  My brother uses a modified RPK with standard AK highcaps, a carry handle and swivel bi-pod mount to keep his gun lighter and more mobile in order to keep up with the rest of the squad.  We find his weapon is more than sufficient to give us effective downrange fire to cover our attacks, or bolster our defense.

Mil-sim,,, Military Simulation.

In the military @90% of the small arms training is aimed semi-automatic fire.

Full automatic firing is for support weapons and for suppressive fire using short  bursts.

The semi-auto rule is a good rule. Heck, 6-8 midcaps should last you all day and you won't need to swap batteries that often.

Proper movement & fire tactics will become an important part of the game.

I predict the black .25 BB will become popular again. It does not give away your position with properly aimed fire. Too many players just unleash a stream of white BBs and aim like using a garden hose.