American MilSim

PRAISE and a Question about single shot only

How is this going to be monitored? I can already see the issues...

I personally AGREE 1000% with this rule!!! Anyone who is a true MILSIM advocate will embrace this as they would a loved one in a warm embrace.

The Topletts LOVE this...LOL

Being able to actually utilize support weapons as they were designed will add to the overall experience of MILSIM! LOVE IT!

Now we will see all those who what to put there tactical skills to the test will have a way to truly measure the success of an attack! Utilizing tactics, tactical maneuver, and unit based deployments add a high level of expectation to the leadership and the individual rifleman.

Can you all hear the excitement in my typing? This is AWESOME!!!

This is the only issue I see..

Is there a way to mod easily for the non-mechanics to have an AEG modified so it will only fire Semi?

How much would something like this cost?

Is there an attachment that can be easily added to make sure in the field you can’t inadvertently switch to full auto? I can think of a couple of ways but, would like to some hear ideas or at least AMS thoughts on this.

This will work if the player embraces this.. It’s up to you to make it work!

Thanks AMS you all are stretching the boundaries of game play in a very good way! Keep it up!!

So do the rifles have to permenantly semi like DMRs?

This is the question... I think the spirit of the rule is that you just shoot semi..(honor and all) but I think there should be a way to either perminantly or semi-perminatly mod your rifle or a rifle for AMS games. we need to keep the honest player honest in my opinion.. :D

A quick solution to prevent yourself from "accidentally" switching it to auto would be to use a light glue to stick a piece of plastic near the selector switch, preventing it from going to auto. Hell, you could even use tape just for the op.

From the AMS official ruleset:

"2. Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) to be Semi-Auto only, and incapable of firing in full-auto."

From the word "incapable" it seems to mean the gun CANNOT fire in fully automatic. There's no mention of user discretion; the DMR gun itself must be "incapable of firing in full auto".

Seems pretty clear to me. Time to consult your local airsmith to modify the gun you want to use in a DMR role.

Joe, that's the DMR (which comes with the priviledge of a higher fps). Riflemen are not required to modify their weapon, but are expected to use trigger control. Like I said, I really think it is going to come down to policing by the lower leadership.

If you force people to mod their gun to play in your series you will lose alot of participation. I understand the spirit behind this change but I am not sure how much better it will make the gameplay. You have already limited the ability of people to spray and pray as much with the requirement for midcaps and limited ammo count. 

So, what is the non-DMR "single shot" rule being discussed? The AMS rules only state semi-auto is "encouraged" and states no MED for sub-400 fps guns when they are set on semiautomatic, otherwise the MED depends upon the gun's FPS.

this is just silly.... the new medic drag rule seems a bit much to me but i'm ok with that. but forcing us to use semi auto its just silly... i chose to attend ams events because they where not such hardcore "milsim" as the others. but forcing people to only use semi auto either through honor system (we all see how well that works for calling hits) or being forced to modify my gun (can tell you thats not happining).

and this is coming from a guy who only uses semi auto except on my saw.

there are alot of large events around the country i hope ams does not lose alot of players over this as i do enjoy your events but this keeps going in this direction i wont be attending them anymore

this is just silly.... the new medic drag rule seems a bit much to me but i'm ok with that. but forcing us to use semi auto its just silly... i chose to attend ams events because they where not such hardcore "milsim" as the others. but forcing people to only use semi auto either through honor system (we all see how well that works for calling hits) or being forced to modify my gun (can tell you thats not happining).

and this is coming from a guy who only uses semi auto except on my saw.

there are alot of large events around the country i hope ams does not lose alot of players over this as i do enjoy your events but this keeps going in this direction i wont be attending them anymore

Robert, you are already following the rule then. Riflemen DO NOT have to modify their weapon!

So, what is the non-DMR "single shot" rule being discussed? The AMS rules only state semi-auto is "encouraged" and states no MED for sub-400 fps guns when they are set on semiautomatic, otherwise the MED depends upon the gun's FPS.

this is a changento the currant rule.. posted on youtube about 2 hours ago ... this posts was to start the conversation and thoughts..

you can bet there will be many for this and many against.. there are many valid and invalid reasons that all revolve around personal preferance and belief.. depends on what you want from the game..

there are so many types of game that you can choose.... the organization dictates... AMS has a vision.. talk to them and it will become very clear...

Hell couls list 100 things why its could , why, its bad.... I could complain about it for another 100 reasons....but as a commander of troops since 2006 I see more positive than negative... I stated earlier the player must embrace this for it to work..

Milsim shouldnt be about how many bbs you through down range and the team that wins was because they were able to throw a crap ton of bbs down range to overwelm the opposing force...

there is and always will be someone who will complain and whine about this or that.. cant make everyone happy, the hope is the majority will embrace this and see the advantages. I for one do..

personally I see this rule as a positive, I know that the majority of our group already pratices this.  I do see it going to be hard to police, I have seen some AEG's that people can fire in semi-auto almost as fast as some full auto fire mode.

High praise as this is a step in the right direction..

however I myself would rather see  less ammo per mag as the fix...
for next year please consider this, have  every one take the five mins to drop in a piece of weed trimmer line behind the follower of their mid caps as a plug and poof you have real caps, or 45 rounds, or 60..what ever AMS says. you just cut to fit and you don't have to buy anything new

I see the new rule causing people rushing for DMRs as there is now no disadvantage to one, and a rise in the sale of 11.1 and mosfets for riflemen.. Now you have a bunch of guys slinging 8-10 BPS in semi and the problem (single person having a high sustained ROF and suppressing like a saw) hasn't changed. guy with a 180bb mid cap can sit there and put 2 bb a sec on a target for a min and 1/2 with out having to change a mag 
we shale see how it pans out.. no matter what its a step in the right direction !

I see this rule being ran on the honor system. I'm sure AMS is quite aware that everybody will not want to for one and also can't afford to have tech work done on their aeg's to make them semi auto only.

As far as the rule goes I think it's great. Should make for a lot more interesting game play. I couldn't make ESR this year but last year when I was there the squad I was with and a few around us got pinned down due to full auto. If someone is buzzing bb's over your head at full auto you're obviously not going to move. I think this rule will keep game play flowing smoother.

I just wonder at what point having a difference of opinion on something you do not necessarily agree with is considered whining. Whining would be when you beat the dead horse and make every conversation fall back onto how this rule is the cause for all the turmoil in the world. Stating an opinion against the norm is just that not whining. 

I have a quick question.  What about those who have 3-rnd burst.  Is that no longer an option or will it be allowed in leiu of semi-auto?