American MilSim
valkyrie04

Minor eye pro rules

Ok, I've looked all over the rules, and nowhere has it specified if minor eye/face pro rules are different from those 18 and over.

Could someone (preferably an admin or similar) specify? Do minors have to wear a paintball mask, or can they wear goggles and a face covering?

Please clarify asap, because me and my friends do need to know before we buy expensive boogie regulators for possibly no good reason.

Thank you

By rules given to me for my son, minors must have full face protection. Boogies and a lower mesh mask is ok. Teeth must be protected.

I have seen minors without full face gear and even witnessed one minor get his tooth chipped at RY2. My kid will not play without it or any minor that I'm responsible for at any op.

Guest Specs

Minor or not, I'd recommend full face regardless. My teeth are important, and I don't know if you plan on getting any new teeth, but dental implants are crazy expensive...

So is mouth pro optional for minors as well? Also, can an admin confirm? Not that I distrust any of you, but I've had experiences with the old game telephone at other non-ams events, and wanna be sure.

Minors are supposed to have full face gear of some kind on at all times.  that being said if they take it off in the field and get hurt then AMS is not responsible due to the waiver, but if they are seen by the right people they will be told to put it back on, they might even be asked to leave the field until they put it on and keep it on.  

From what I read, in the rules, it does not say that minors HAVE to wear full face, but simply,

"A. All players must wear full sealing ANSI Z87.1 rated goggles, glasses or paintball mask. Eye protection must be worn at all times while outside the staging area. NO safety glasses, shooting glasses, or mesh goggles." If I am wrong about this, admin, please correct.

Minor or not, I'd recommend full face regardless. My teeth are important, and I don't know if you plan on getting any new teeth, but dental implants are crazy expensive...

This. About $3000+ and a year long process. I don't recommend it. Oh, and your insurance (if you have any) will see the implant as 'cosmetic' so be prepared to pay that our your own pocket.

I just had Bravo tactical goggles at ESR19-2 and nobody said anything to me.....I had not read before hand anywhere that I had to have full facial protection... (I'm 16)

Did you do the email approval? That's when JP advised me of the rule. It's not in the ruleset.

Just because no one said anything doesn't mean it's not a rule. I've seen people wear tan head gear on green and vice versa, using high caps and such. It's up to SL to police their own and if your dad doesn't make you that's on you. At big ops you can get hit and you have no idea from where, if you are talking at that time your teeth are susceptible.

I make any minor I'm responsible for wear it. Teeth aren't cheap!

If you'd like I can copy and paste my sons minor approval email where JP states to wear full face protection.

Or just PM him. Let us know if AMS stance has changed.

I have a question. My squad intends to eat in the field at OBH3. I see potential problems with this when I am wearing my lower mesh mask. Can I at least take it off when I eat? Not the goggles, just the mask.

Or you could toss everything in a blender before hand and then feed the straw through the bottom of the mask.... GAG. Hehe. jk
Seriously tho, just keep the eye pro on while you eat and you're fine.