American MilSim
screwballjim

COST or UFS which side to join in the upcoming battle

I've been authoring on and off for the last 4 years but, have never been lucky enough to go to an AMS event. thats changing this year as I'm beyond determined to make it to BH3 but, I'm still on the fence for which side to join and was hoping for some detailed facts (and back story) about both sides before just picking and jumping into the battle.

Well, if you want to be with the winners, pick CoST! :P 

No, really after reading through the storyline it just comes down to uniform preference in my mind. Like green (as I do) or tan? that should give you your answer. Plus CoST is Oklahoma, and I'm born and bred an Oklahoman, so there's that too...

Guest Specs

It's up to personal choice really. But I can honestly say that there are some great guys on UFS. Played with them at ESR19-2, and never felt more welcomed in a group of strangers.

Main reason is gear. im locked into tan for awhile due to what i have and not a budget to get greens to what i like. BH2 i went in blind and chose ufs and was welcomed with open arms by so many and challenged as the "new guy" but also recent got to know alot of cost as well. either way its one hell of a event.

There are actual political motivations for each faction, but it seems like 90% of the players have no clue what their team actually stands for.  That's how you get UFS guys calling CoST guys "Commies," which doesn't really make sense given the storyline, and is more along the lines of "you're not the same as me so I hate you."  Its my understanding (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken here) that the Coalition fights for personal freedom and the rights of the individual while the Federation fights for unification and order.  Then there's the Civilian Defense Force, which is just a bunch of people who are all like, "Oh dang, the world's gone to hell in a hand-basket.  Stop shooting up my neighborhood!"

If you care nothing for politics and only desire to shoot things, then I would look at whatever the AO is going to be like, decide what camo pattern would work best, and join whichever team will let you use said camo pattern.  There are fantastic players on all teams, so you literally cannot make a wrong choice.

Best of luck, hope to see you at Broken Home 3!

There are actual political motivations for each faction, but it seems like 90% of the players have no clue what their team actually stands for.  That's how you get UFS guys calling CoST guys "Commies," which doesn't really make sense given the storyline, and is more along the lines of "you're not the same as me so I hate you."  

Ahaha 100% this.  I think the best one was someone saying they were going to send us to our 72 virgins or w/e - I'm pretty sure Oklahoma is like ~ 85% Christian, bro.  CoST welcomes all religions but has never used it as a driving force?

I enjoy the storyline and like to play along but a majority of the players just want to shoot at tan/green dudes.  Nothing wrong with that, but I think they're missing out on a fun portion of the game :)

I have been a Combat Controller for both factions, don't think you can go wrong with either side.

Fighting along side the Coalition in the swamps of Virginia and with the Federals defending their nuclear facility in South Carolina, always a good time... unless you fall into a 20 foot cassavas and tear your knee up ;)