American MilSim
dirtpro

M27/IAR a Support Weapon?

Will the M27 be counted as a support weapon for BH? While it falls under the clause of a weapon that is "currently adopted as a squad automatic weapon" in the rules I know there has been controversy on it's use.

why is it not a support weapon dave? I suppose as it stands it would confuse many players seeing someone run around with what seems like an AR with a box mag. My solution, which solely depends on the rumored rule change banning full auto except for support weapons, would be to allow M27 to run full auto but still use m4 mags as it is designed. 

I guess the biggest issue would be for the admins. It is easy to pick out a mk46/m249/240/60 apart from an m4, or whatever else. However the M27 just looks like another rifle.

What about a special colored zip tie? There was once a special color zip used to mark AEGs that were okay for using indoors because of their low FPS. What is this that AEGs will not be allowed to go full auto? There are a good number of real world rifles that capable of going full auto, first one that pops into my head is the AK.  

Why don't we let the rules decide this:

FPS Limits and Weapons Systems:

4;A

A squad support weapon is classified as an M249, M60, MG36, RPK, PKM, MG42 or any "Squad Automatic Weapon" either currently or formally adopted as a military weapon. 

On Wikipedia under the *Type is states that it is a Squad Automatic Weapon. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M27_Infantry_Automatic_Rifle

Now of course it would have to be an exact M27 replica, not an M4.

Examples would be such: http://us.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Umarex_Umarex_M27_IAR_AEG.htm

http://www.evike.com/products/44026/

why is it not a support weapon dave? I suppose as it stands it would confuse many players seeing someone run around with what seems like an AR with a box mag. My solution, which solely depends on the rumored rule change banning full auto except for support weapons, would be to allow M27 to run full auto but still use m4 mags as it is designed. 

PM me if you like, I don't feel like bringing it up again.  There was an identical question posted a few weeks back that has a much more thorough answer in it.

Why don't we let the rules decide this:

FPS Limits and Weapons Systems:

4;A

A squad support weapon is classified as an M249, M60, MG36, RPK, PKM, MG42 or any "Squad Automatic Weapon" either currently or formally adopted as a military weapon. 

On Wikipedia under the *Type is states that it is a Squad Automatic Weapon. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M27_Infantry_Automatic_Rifle

Now of course it would have to be an exact M27 replica, not an M4.

Examples would be such: http://us.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Umarex_Umarex_M27_IAR_AEG.htm

http://www.evike.com/products/44026/

Looks like the rules are clear then. The M27 is used as a support weapon by the current marine corps, which makes it a support weapon.

Looks like the rules are clear then. The M27 is used as a support weapon by the current marine corps, which makes it a support weapon.

NO, we will not allow the M27 to be a support weapon at this time.

So let me understand this. We are playing MILSIM and real world support weapons are not support weapons? I think ELITE FORCE markets them as a M27. That is a support weapon. I think if people don't have a real M27 it should not be a support weapon. But for us that put the money out to have the real Support weapons we should be able to use them.

Odd colored M27 aside, how do you tell the difference between an M4 and an M27 at 50yrds? How do you expect someone who doesn't even know what an M27_is_ to understand that the guy shooting at him with full auto ISN'T breaking the rules?

I understand the frustration, but I also see how it would be difficult from an Admin perspective.

By check in. And yes it's is a odd color. But if knowing what a M27 is what's it's about then a post could be made with pics. No big deal it's just that we asked before we spent 1300+ to get one and P* it out. But like I said we have many others we can use. But I think it puts a big dent into Elite Force marketing when a flagship product can't be used at a sponsored event.

So, actually the rules should state "LMG's only" instead of:

A. A squad support weapon is classified as an M249, M60, MG36, RPK, PKM, MG42 or any "Squad Automatic Weapon" either currently or formerly adopted as a military weapon.

Right?

The IAR M27 is the Marine Corps new support weapon it has a heavy barrel and is designed to hold up to sustained auto fire. Why a company who claims to try to keep it milsim does not recognize the Marines new squad weapon is beyond me. For someone as me who loves attending these events to spend the 550 dollars for a l.m.g.  then be told that its not a support weapon sounds like some b.s. . THIS IS NOT A 416 WITH A M27 KIT. This is a limited edition gun. I own a mk43 so running a support weapon is not a problem. Keeping true to the changes within our beloved Corps is. The M27 IAR is a support weapon and should be allowed by AMS to be run as a support weapon. As far as identification issues with the gun thats a poor excuse for not allowing a gun. Thats why all guns are checked prior to being allowed on the field. In saying that admins cant distinguish the guns apart is saying they dont know what they are looking at. Its a very poor excuse. How many can be out there? There are only 500 in the U.S. This needs to be reviewed cause these poorly thought out rules are getting annoying.

JP said not at this time. Doesn't mean it wont happen. Just not right now. Why is this such a big deal? If you let one guy run a no shit M27 IAR then the next guy is gonna just try to run his M4 on full auto then the next and next. So he said "as of now NO.", so chill and be patient and good things will happen.

I think the biggest thing the admins are trying to avoid by not allowing this gun is the game being stopped repeatedly every time somebody gets lit up full auto by a gun that looks like an M4 from a distance. AMS would need to come up with some way to mark support gunners if they ever allowed this weapon. Be it a red band around their arm or something that a person could see and know from a distance that it is a support gunner shooting at them and not a regular rifleman going full auto.

JP said not at this time. Doesn't mean it wont happen. Just not right now. Why is this such a big deal? If you let one guy run a no shit M27 IAR then the next guy is gonna just try to run his M4 on full auto then the next and next. So he said "as of now NO.", so chill and be patient and good things will happen.

This has been set since December 2013 without even a thought by the community to try and resolve the problem with the gun. This needs to be revisited, especially considering that Elite Force themselves are selling special edition M27's and we are about to see more of the all black M27's as well.

I think the biggest thing the admins are trying to avoid by not allowing this gun is the game being stopped repeatedly every time somebody gets lit up full auto by a gun that looks like an M4 from a distance. AMS would need to come up with some way to mark support gunners if they ever allowed this weapon. Be it a red band around their arm or something that a person could see and know from a distance that it is a support gunner shooting at them and not a regular rifleman going full auto.

How many times will the game be stopped when some inexperienced player cries fowl when a P* with a light trigger lights them up on single fire? We are going to run our new P* M27 IAR as a DMR and in single fire mode we can still get BB's down range like it is on full auto. I support the single fire rule 100%, but this is more of an issue with not being able to police the players. With that said, you have made some good suggestions and it puts us on the path for a resolution. If it is not discussed then it will never change.