American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Gaiters

I have a pair of pretty nice Outdoor Research "Crocodiles" I bought in anticipation of doing some hiking in Colorado this spring (before most of the snow has melted high up in the mountains).  Last summer I did this without waterproof gaiters and it was (frankly) miserable. 

That said I'm wondering if anyone uses these for airsoft.  I'm interested because it would let me wear low-cut hiking shoes without getting brambles and whatnot into the shoe.  I note with chagrin that some of the Battlefield 4 concept art features guys with none other than Outdoor Research gaiters, and from previous experience I know that where video games go, airsofters follow...

Any comments?

Sure, I definitely agree - after all I'm the guy who ran World War II kit for most of my time playing anyway.  

It was more a question of whether or not anyone had done it already and had any advice/comments to share - should have made that clearer in the OP, sorry.