American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Wrangler416

Team Plate Carrier Colors?

Hello,

I am planning on attending Operation Broken Home 3 with a friend, and we noticed the restrictions on camos and headgear. We were wondering if there is a restriction on plate carrier colors as well. For example, if we were to sign up for the UFS Marines, we would wear Desert Digital camo with a tan helmet. Could we wear an OD plate carrier, or do we need to purchase a tan pc? 

Thanks,

Wrangler416

Just be aware that there are certain camo/gear color combos that make it very hard to tell which team you are on.  For example, if you wear A-Tacs AU with green tac gear (or A-Tacs FG with tan tac gear).

Basically, make sure you don't look like the enemy unless you don't mind getting killed by your own guys all weekend.

Guest Specs

Just be aware that there are certain camo/gear color combos that make it very hard to tell which team you are on.  For example, if you wear A-Tacs AU with green tac gear (or A-Tacs FG with tan tac gear).

Basically, make sure you don't look like the enemy unless you don't mind getting killed by your own guys all weekend.

ATACS in general can be pretty hard to discern at a distance. Arguably Multicam as well as a few other patterns can be too. 

Just do your team and everyone else the proper favor of identifying your target and their gear before engaging.  ^_^

Pretty much this.  Tac can be whatever color, but take that with a grain of salt.  Wearing a full multicam IOTV will probably get you shot, whereas a small brown plate carrier over woodland will not.

I personally take the risk. I always run CoST....always..... But even though my Banshee is ranger green, all the pouches on it are multicam. It actually goes with M81 very well and helps to break up your outline even more, and that's the whole purpose of camo anyway.