American MilSim
teeth

Just a belt

Do any of you just run a belt and then maybe some hydration? If I can fit everything onto my belt, I am tempted to run just that and a MAP for Broken Home. I want to stay as light as possible.

Do any of you just run a belt and then maybe some hydration? If I can fit everything onto my belt, I am tempted to run just that and a MAP for Broken Home. I want to stay as light as possible.

I personally have not but I've seen player do it with either belt or simple H harness and mags on belt pouches w/ a Camelbak.

I don't do that mainly because I couldn't get everything to fit on a belt. If you can though you'll definetly want some suspenders because having all that weight on your hips all day is going to hurt. Just my $.02

I only run a belt and hydration. It keeps me lighter and cooler, but I have to run suspenders to support the weight of the hydration carrier and the overburdened first line. It's not the fastest in terms of using a pistol, since the mags are on the strong side, but I don't really pull a pistol very often let alone having to reload.

Here is a picture of something I'd wear during a small game minus the suspenders and hydration pouch:

U.S. Grunt Gear Infidel Belt

3 Esstac toaster mag pouches

Maxpedition radio holster

Maxpedition rolly polly

Serpa mounted on G-code RTI wheel

HSGI pistol pouches mounted horizontally

IMG_0092.jpg

If I need to carry more, or am playing an extended op, I can attach a chest piece to my suspenders giving me more capacity. This still keeps me a lot cooler than chest rigs seem to do. Also, I attach a HSGI EOD pouch to the back of my hydration bladder, making it act as a small MAP.

Hopefully this helps,

Mojoe

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Most of the time by the end of an Op I've stripped down to a just a battle belt and Assult Pack. Check out these pic so you have a form of reference.

I was able to do this last year at Invasion 6 running a condor battle belt and their H-harness with my hydro pack connected to it. It worked alright except for the battle belt lacking in any retention to my inner belt so it was flopping around and riding my ass most of the day.

With that set up I was able to achieve:

2x Double M4 pouches

1x Doubel Pistol pouch

1x Butt Pouch (for pogie bait etc.)

1x Small Radio Pouch

1x STRIKE Platform with Serpa

1x Hydro pouch on the H-Harness

Because of the bouncing and sliding I upgraded to the US Grunt Gear Infidel belt and moved some things around. Suprisingly I found that I couldn't fit the same amount of gear on it comfortably and my magazines stuck out pretty far from my hip which I thought was cumbersome. I also don't use the G-Code system because I really like my Serpa holster. The down turn to this is I have to use the STRIKE platform which requires a lot of space where the G-Code only requires a few rows. I could however use a smaller butt pouch and probably achieve the same results but the retention of the Infidel Belt is second to none. The thing absolutely hugs my body with zero movement and it is the best belt I've ever used.

With the Infidel Belt I now run:

3x Fast Mag M4 pouches

1x Dump Pouch (a new addition following Invasion)

1x Butt Pouch (I love me a field snack)

1x Small Radio Pouch

1x STRIKE Platform with Serpa

The remaining items fit easily on a small Recon sized chest rig without having to go to anything too crazy should I want to keep it light weight and comfortable in hotter environments. I could also use a drop leg holster if I wanted to free up more room but I have a personal hatred for crap attached to my legs so I just suck it up. Good luck with your set up though, hope it works for you.

An easy fix I have found to the belt sliding around issue, is to glue or stitch a piece of velcro to the inside of your battle belt, and then attach the corresponding piece to the belt or pants you use underneath. Then when you put it on, just give it a light press to stick the two, and they won't budge all day.

Just my $.02.

Thanks for the compliments, I am relatively new to all this, but I am finding things that I like and dislike so I am starting from there.

Bane, I am right there with you. After having my Tactical Tailor belt rotate around my waist all day, I thought I was going to go insane. The USGG, is hands down the best belt system that I've tried on, I had Robert build me my rig after spending quite a bit of time on email and on the phone with him. He customized the platform off of the infidel belt and suspenders. I sent him pictures of a few ideas of a warbelt with an attached Tactical Tailor MAV, and he sent back his responses/ideas. So, after almost 3 months of waiting (USGG is in really high demand) what I have is a very modular platform that is belt based rather than vest/plate carrier based.

Like you, I hate hanging stuff down my legs and I think the BHI fork takes too much real estate. The g-code wheel and serpa adaptor work perfectly and is very firm. I like to carry my pistol on my belt where I carry a concealed weapon, so my holster can be positioned closer to the small of my back, rather toward the front. I also don't like the buckle to buckle contact of the riggers belt and warbelt combo, so USGG fits the bill there as well!

If I ever need anymore room, I can use the siamese clip on the maxpedition dump pouch and clip directly onto a malice strip. So far, I haven't needed to do this and I really like the short BHI speed clips on the USGG belt, they are same length as the belt's width, so I have nothing sticking out of the bottom of the molle platform; whereas malice strips have that locking piece that terminates and sticks out of the bottom.

Good to see another USGG fan here, they make great stuff and I am all about supporting small, veteran owned, U.S. based businesses. (Except 215 Gear :) , because I am just an "airsoft poser")

@teeth: The USGG inner belt is all hook velcro on the outside. On the inside of the USGG infidel belt there is a fuzzy velcro strip that runs the entire length. So, we don the inner belt through our regular belt loops, and attach the outer belt which mates to the continous velcro on the inner belt. This makes the USGG belt rock solid. The downside vs HSGI, is we lose the advantage if we have to wear the belt over a parka or an untucked blouse.

I only run a belt and hydration. It keeps me lighter and cooler, but I have to run suspenders to support the weight of the hydration carrier and the overburdened first line. It's not the fastest in terms of using a pistol, since the mags are on the strong side, but I don't really pull a pistol very often let alone having to reload.

Here is a picture of something I'd wear during a small game minus the suspenders and hydration pouch:

U.S. Grunt Gear Infidel Belt

3 Esstac toaster mag pouches

Maxpedition radio holster

Maxpedition rolly polly

Serpa mounted on G-code RTI wheel

HSGI pistol pouches mounted horizontally

IMG_0092.jpg

Man I like the Infidel War belt. I wish they made it in RG. I would have one NOW.

Mine is Ranger Green...the HSGI EOD pack is "smoke green" and the Esstac toasters are RG for comparison. The inner belt is more like OD green. RG blends better here than any other tan based pattern, IMO.

Call Robert at USGG and just ask him for a ranger green model, knowing him, he'll accommodate your request. Since my rig was a custom USGG build, he gladly took my request. You won't be able to have it NOW, but if you wait 8-12 weeks then you'll be very happy. All the stitching is finished well, 0 loose threads, triple tacked at stress points, molle rows are perfect. Frosty, you're a gear madame (boss whore, lol), if you like Gene's stuff from HSGI, you will probably agree USGG is of that quality.

I have a medium sized infidel belt and wear a medium bdu bottom. If I were going to use the plastic buckle, I'd get a small belt. I wanted my molle to start closer together and like shiny stuff, so I chose a tan cobra buckle.

Tell him Joe is still waiting for him to move to Texas!

I've done exactly what JP is talking about here. I figured a way to cross the molle straps on a radio pouch and attached it to the suspenders. Wore a HydraStorm backpack for hydration. Worked for a full op, and it goes a long way toward beating the heat. It doesn't have to be your only rig. Makes a great summer rig, though.

I personally have not but I've seen player do it with either belt or simple H harness and mags on belt pouches w/ a Camelbak.