American MilSim

Mine started right around the time I got out of highschool and was starting college. Myspace, yes I was a victim of the myspace trend in my late teens, had a lot to play in my choice. I ended up choosing my own little nickname that no one else had on there. I chose Metalman because my dad is a machinist/tool and die worker and he has shown me all kinds of things as far as working with different metals ever since I was old enough. We've done minor gunsmithing, making our own scope mounts and such for guns that don't have any on the market for sale, recrowning barrels, mold our own bullets out of our own special alloy of lead, made knives, heat treat metals do get to them to a desired property and characteristics, we even were big into blacksmithing at one time. Later, after getting into college and while there, I worked weekends at a factory that made store fixtures for places like Walmart and KMart, I discovered that I loved to weld. I took all the welding corses I could while in college and aced them all. I would be a welder now if it wasn't for the extreme lack of welding and manufacturing jobs in my region of the country right now. So all in all, I've always been around and worked with metal, and I really enjoy it. Also in highschool I decided to pick up playing guitar. Slowly but surely I got very into heavy metal music and I've been into it ever since. Also music is a HUGE part of my life, so sometimes I may be listening to heavy metal while working on metal. So, the name 'Metalman' seemed quite fitting. My first team, JTAG, as like what happened with Avi, my name always got shortened to 'Metal', so I'll go by either one.

If I ever changed my callsign, I'd change it to 'Hotshot'. Because that is what my dad always called me when I was younger.

I've never really had a nickname that stuck for more than a week. The only one that lasted longer was Motel 6 (long story) but that was about a month. I've just been going what I've been using online, starting with Halo PC, Wolfen. I came up with it because I really liked Starfox and an enemy fighter piloted by a bad guy named Wolf was called the Wolfen. so yea.

I used to go by Matt or Multicam Matt (First one with MC in our area). Then I attended Operation Night Scorpion 1 and managed to sit on a cactus not once but twice in the same day, and the nickname stuck. I usually tell people its because of my prickly personality.

Stinking things were hidden in the tall grass.

Cacnea.gif

This is what you sat on. Hehe, you see, because pokemon hide in the tall grass...

No?

Okay I'll go shut up now.

I am a member of Delta Tau Delta Fraternity and our members are all "Delts" so I am a Delt.

However a ton of brothers from my chapter are getting into the sport so I might have to find a replacement that means just as much to me.

After our summer games we usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings after our games. Well, after running around in the woods for several hours in 100 plus degrees will make you smell not so good. I started bringing a change of shirt to the game to change into before we went to eat.

Well, I'm a hairy guy. I pulled my soaked shirt off to change after the game, and somebody yelled "Holy crap, it's Wolfman." I said, dang that's it! It's been Wolfman for 8 years now.

Mine started out as dragonbusa cause I use to drag race a hayabusa with a dragon down the side and all the dragon tattoos I have now just dragon cause I don't race no more

After our summer games we usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings after our games. Well, after running around in the woods for several hours in 100 plus degrees will make you smell not so good. I started bringing a change of shirt to the game to change into before we went to eat.

Well, I'm a hairy guy. I pulled my soaked shirt off to change after the game, and somebody yelled "Holy crap, it's Wolfman." I said, dang that's it! It's been Wolfman for 8 years now.

You kind of resemble Wolfman to me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Ehm long story made short....

I used to be known, widely as "Gator"... for many a reasons. I'm an old gaming geek..., and video games not being that much a part of it.

I played alot of Cyberpunk and Sci-fi table top RPGs, ... where I used gator or reptle based character names quite often.

Normally in these circles, I was called a "hillbilly" or "redneck".... I lived in Houma Lousiana for a time, where I fell in love with the swamp.

During social pastimes, not related to gaming.. such as camping, and outdoors, folks always said I was "like crocadile dundee" ... though my lather jacket at the time, was snake skin, not croc hide. I had a extreame love of the water, was always in it or near it...

Survival camping, made this "justified teasing" by my social group even "worse" and started sticking more.

Later on, I got a job as a deckhand on a River dredge... where a Boss, when we were off work socializing on the river bank, got attacked by a alligator. With-out thinking, I jumped on the lizard... really I just tried to shoulder tackle the thing, it wasn't huge... maybe 5-6 feet long at most. I ht it hard enough, it let go of my boss... but also it was like running into a brick wall, and I was stunned as well.

Other deck hands, drug me from the water, before the gator could bite me.

The next day, my Boss put a helmet sticker on my Hard hat, it said " gator" in bold letters.

If anyone knows anything about River Dredging... deckhands are low men on the totem, and you have to put in your time in order to gain certain privliages. One of those, was hard hat stickers , and my boss Labeling me as "Gator" by such a thing was an honor.

Of course, it was also a "running joke" umongst the captains and crews out there.

No one alled me by name anymore , my radio call sign amd idenity became " Gator " out there.

Years later, when I enlisted ... I had storted out as "Gator" being my nickname umongst my enlisted peers. One of my Drill Instructors though, didn't think the nick was fitting to me ... he claimed, I was way more fluid and fast , quick to adapt to any situation, and I had one frurious temper and determination. He said I was more akin to being a Dragon than a lazy swamp Gator.

The Drill Instructor was also my Range Instructor later on... he had many a tatoo of dragons on his arms and torso, I noted he liked Dragons well.

He called me " Dragon " alot, and so much that others around me ( new peers as you evolved through the army system. ) called me the same. Even my CSM called me Dragon in lieu of my name, unless it was something formal that HAD to be done.

afterwards... years later, when I emerge back into Civllian life... Video games became a constant thing to do.

So many sites and forums and nicknames I tried to come up with... seemed to already be in use. Gator seemed to be popular player and character names in most places, some Dragon was as well... but for the games I played, Dragon was an "Open" nick.

After a while, it stuck as readily as any other name, and I've used it, or been called Dragon since the early 1990's.

Especially in airsoft forums and such.

"Airdragon" is simply a variation, as discussed before ..lol, where it's rather a popular callsign in our hobby, and others usually beat me to the punch signing up under the callsign on forums and feeds.

( Air- as in airsoft, Dragon as my actual call sign.)

Long winded, and boring I know... but that's the skivvy of it...

Well lets see, my name comes from a book, The Black Company... Its about a group of Mercenaries that work for the highest bidder, I wont go to much into the story, but I highly suggest reading them. But back to the subject... Croaker was the annalist for the company, the Historian you would say. I am a History Major and plan on being a teacher of history when I grow up. Since that is my favorite series and the main character was a Historian, I thought it fitting to be my call sign. Now over the years I have blown out my back (it destroyed the nerve that allow me to pull my foot up) and had several back surgeries, so I walk with a limp, this has earned me the nickname of gimpy and when you pair it with my call sign you get Croakergimpy. You will hear people call me either Croaker or Gimpy and I will answer to either. So that is the origin of my name, its been with me for 11 years now, pretty much ever since I started playing airsoft.

My original call sign was "Punisher" and was given to me by a teammate back when I owned a paintball field in the late 90's. He said when I would enter an area of the field it was like watching the Punisher rip through a bunch of bad guys. Later, after the movie came out and having just moved to Oklahoma, I wanted something that didn't make me sound like just another movie fan. I had just been playing with my new scenario paintball team "WolfGaurd" for a few months when we were at a local event where, in the interest of keeping it fair, we decided to split our group between the teams. One of my teammates looked at me with with fear in her eyes and said "I'm not playing against you, you're too devious!" And here I am.

my callsign originally started out as my nickname, Bubba, and stuck since i was pretty much the biggest redneck in NEASG (north eastern airsoft group, yes sadly i am a yankee). during my first major Op though, the man in charge of the event slapped a red cross on my forehead and said "you're the medic for this squad" and MedicMike became my callsign.

I was in the Army for a while and with every new job comes a new Call Sign. So.... I have been Charger Red 1, Orphan Red 1, Sabre 1, Orphan 5, Iron Ranger 8, Tiger 3A, Apache 6, Roughrider 6, and Falcon 3E. All pretty boring and generic but all have their place and reason in history. So when I got into Airsoft in 2007, I was living in NE TN and I met a team that wanted me to help train them, well that was right around the time that the movie Coach Woodcock came out and during the next training day the team started calling me that and it stuck.

Well, I'm a HUGE history nerd and avid reader. (anyone remember books?) With that came an interest in Greek mythology. Helios was the god of the sun and since all life in ancient times and today kind of relies on the sun...he's pretty important. So...being the geek that I am I started using the name helios in gaming and chat rooms. Enter airsoft...helios doesn't come across radios very well so I chose Titan because that is how he is constantly referred as by Homer. (the author...not the simpsons...no one remembers books eh?) Anyway, that is the is the back story of my call sign. See told you nerdy. Plus, T is also my first name initial.

My last name is smith, I used to online game alot back in the day and I needed an online name for people to call me i was only a teen so i used 1stLT.smith thought it would be cool, well being a regular in the game room one of the guys (from Whales) just started calling me Smithy. I started using smitty but later changed it to smiddy as i liked the sound of the d over t as there are a lot of Schmittys and Smittys and such so, Smiddy was my spin on it.