American MilSim

Where did you call sign come from? Was it earned or did you come up with it on your own? My original call sign was Defrost. Pitt and Croaker started calling me Frosty and well here I am 7 years later. I planned on calling myself Defrost due to I do refrigeration work.

Dull story I know but had to kick this off somewhere.

This is a tiny pic but its my first day at an outdoor game at Kashiland field. I was (Defrost in the pic)

1dayatkashi.jpg

For the record I changed gear set ups 3 times before my first game LOL.

I got mine as a nickname back in highschool! Me and a couple friends went to one of my other friends house to eat lunch during school one day and it just so happened we were having corndogs. Everyone had like two or three corn dogs while I had six of them and scarfed them down fast! So everyone there started calling me corndograndall! My real name is Randy! So thats how I got my callsign name!!!!!!! :D

Until I found Airsoft, I was a computer gamer. Still do VERY LITTLE on the side. My callsign was Kilroy and it stuck outside of the gaming world. Primarily cause I'm sneaky when I'm lone wolfing it, i guess. Lol.

I picked my name after the real Kilroy/fake Kilroy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

I practice Shotokan karate. As you can tell by my avatar, the symbol for Shotokan is a tiger. I LOVE the color pink. All of my sparring gear is pink. I have pink boxing gloves, mouth guard, head gear, and even my sparring shoes are white with pink. One class, after donning my gear, my Hanshi started calling me the Pink Tiger. I have been that ever since.

Well...let me think... Avi derived from Avianic (OLD PC gaming name) and my SQL at the first few practices began calling me "Avi" because the full was to long for quick comm, and its stuck ever since.

It all started with the original Halo game. I was at a swim meet, an the game had just come out. We were in the hotel playing, and as everyone was trying to figure out their call sign for the game, I realized that for whatever reason, I had the word "teeth" wrote down on my wrist. I used that, and have been ever since.

Samurai. As a half Jap it was hard for the guys to come up with a callsign for me. Then as I was walking the client one day, someone made a smart ass remark "there goes the last samurai."

So I got stuck with it ever since... that was 2006 Iraq.

I chose random cynic for the off the wall cynical comments I catch myself making.

LGM is short for LittleGreenMan, which is my title on okairsoft.net. Back when I was a kid, I played with the little green plastic army men and tanks that Kmart sold. I was constantly in the sandbox playing with them, or shooting at them with my dart guns. That's what came to mind when it was time to pick out a callsign.

My father C.W. Edgeworth served our country for more than 20 years USAF. I remember growing up as a kid and seeing my father in uniform with EDGE as his name. I use EDGE as my call sign as a tribute to my wonderful dad. Keith EDGE Edgeworth

I was in debate in high school, and my debate partner started calling me Skitch. The only reasoning I can come up with is that I play a ton of instruments (one of them being drums), and it was about the time "That Thing You Do" came out, and at one point in that movie, someone calls the drummer Skitch. Exciting, huh? :blink:

I was a Radio Operator for an Air Officer in the Marine Corps. It started out as Mac Diesel and got shortened to Diesel by the very first pilot I talked to over the radio. It was my first live fire 9-line exercise with fixed wing aircraft, the pilot kept just calling me Diesel, my Capt. Liked it better than Mac Diesel so it stuck. That was 8 years ago...

Diesel

Blackbird... Because I am the all knowing, all seeing Dark Fowl.

Though, it's tied more to my personal life as a musician. I used to perform under a stagename involving the word blackbird, because it's my favorite beatles song, coincidentally also happens to be the name of one of my favorite albums by another band Im a huge fan of. And cuz I when I was a kid, I thought the SR71 was the coolest thing ever, because one of my dad's buddies in flight school had something to do with it, and he would always make it sound like he was some kind of sub-orbital super-secret squirrel type when he'd talk about it. fascinated my 8 year old mind at the time.

But I like the first reason, and the one my team likes to tell better.

It came from a number of people when I was young but mostly because back in 93 or so I had a wallet that said "Bad Mother F**ker" on it and theres a line in Pulp Fiction where Samuel L. Jackson says "My names Pitt, and your ass ain't talking your way out of this shit". Later in the movie, the diner scene, he tells Ringo to get his wallet out of the trashbag. Ringo says "Which ones your?" and he replies "The one that says Bad Mother F**ker on it", my buddies thought it was a strange coincindence that that character and I were a lot alike and both had a wallet with the same phrase. The other reaso I guess is when I boxed and we would take breaks in the gym I would sit down and read comics. One of the comics I read frequently was PITT, an early Image comics title. The guy was a cross bred alien human monster and since my trainer and sparring partners saw it and said I was a monster in the ring and they had heard another buddy call me that it just stuck.

I used to go by Matt or Multicam Matt (First one with MC in our area). Then I attended Operation Night Scorpion 1 and managed to sit on a cactus not once but twice in the same day, and the nickname stuck. I usually tell people its because of my prickly personality.

Stinking things were hidden in the tall grass.

I used to play paintball and there was a forum that I went to and when I was signing up to it, I needed a name. I'm a fairly tall guy. I figured a good way to describe myself was big, white and covered in paint. Canvas. Changed the C to a K and added an extra S on the end for good measure, and bob's your uncle, I'm Kanvass.

Not that exciting of a story, really.