American MilSim
Loki

Crye's Multicam Family patterns

Hey not sure if this is the right place but i did a search and didnt find any posts on it so here it is. 

As most of you probably know, Crye Precision has released intel on the new Multicam family of patterns, They boast one for every environment and i have to say im impressed with them. Below are the patterns and a field pic with the pattern. I'd have to say im most impressed with ARID. ARID will be the perfect mediator between MC and AOR1 so i think it will be the perfect pattern to run ARID Combats and AOR1 secondline etc.

MULTICAM ARID

multicam_arid_home_swatch.jpg

1467303_10151816707278137_1644592657_n.j

MULTICAM TROPIC 

multicam_tropic_swatch_home.jpg

1424428_608451639191828_1709850707_n.jpg

MULTICAM ALPINE
multicam_alpine_home_swatch.jpg

1476546_608451532525172_900686760_n.jpg

MULTICAM BLACK

multicam_black_swatch_home.jpg

1450338_608451602525165_1165858708_n.jpg

Guest Specs

I certainly don't mind them, but I can't see my team fielding any of them over general MC. All seem fine for their respective environments, but they don't seem to cover that broad range of tones that traditional MC does.

Same here JP, i was actually thinking this would bring crye to their knees because it just seemed like such a cheap move for them, but My size 10 foot is firmly planted in my mouth. You slap these patterns on a JPC or a CPC and you'll have my money faster than my wallet can say Hell nah!

Also, Multicam Black is now available for purchase in 500d and soon Nyco 

black_purchase-369x900.png

I just bought $ome Kryptek pant$. I don't want to have to purchase yet another pattern to wear. At least not for another year or two.

The MC patterns look good. In three years, Kryptek will be today's MC--a perfectly good, but slightly out-of-favor, pattern to airsoft's fashionistas looking for the next "It" pattern.

Personally from a game standpoint I am glad to see patterns that are more clearly tan or green. While I love the effectiveness of standard MC, it is really tough to differentiate because it has green and tan in it.

I would like to see games move away from using standard MC and use the Arid pattern as a tan side pattern.

The other upside is we will get fully tan and green uniforms in some of the most comfortable and quality designs. 

Unlike a lot of other older patterns (DCU) that are used as faction patterns but are not really available in more modern designs (combat shirts, and crye style pants).

Guest Specs

Personally from a game standpoint I am glad to see patterns that are more clearly tan or green. While I love the effectiveness of standard MC, it is really tough to differentiate because it has green and tan in it.

I would like to see games move away from using standard MC and use the Arid pattern as a tan side pattern.

The other upside is we will get fully tan and green uniforms in some of the most comfortable and quality designs. 

Unlike a lot of other older patterns (DCU) that are used as faction patterns but are not really available in more modern designs (combat shirts, and crye style pants).

I don't see why multicam can't remain a pattern as long as it's supported by a solid color top. My team plans on running MC, but with a tan upper to further overpower the green tones in MC. It's like CDF at RY2. While we did run standard woodland and other camo lowers, CDF was fairly distinguishable with the solid black tops. If anything, I feel that ATACS is far more difficult to distinguish at a distance than MC is.

I don't understand the 'coolness' factor of an all black loadout, and I've never been one to buy gear for the look. However, MC Black would, without a doubt, be my preferred uniform for a non-standard (read: Tan/Green) team color. I do find it funny that the literature for the new colors all tout the improved function of the camo, except for the black which simply states "It projects a distinctly authoritative presence appropriate for domestic operations." They admit it isn't a very good camo... (although, I'd think it would work pretty well at night in an urban environment?)

I don't understand the 'coolness' factor of an all black loadout, and I've never been one to buy gear for the look. However, MC Black would, without a doubt, be my preferred uniform for a non-standard (read: Tan/Green) team color. I do find it funny that the literature for the new colors all tout the improved function of the camo, except for the black which simply states "It projects a distinctly authoritative presence appropriate for domestic operations." They admit it isn't a very good camo... (although, I'd think it would work pretty well at night in an urban environment?)

I dont think its meant to be a camo for police. The police wear black and/or blue for intimidation. The mulitcam shapes with black color would look scary. Police dont wear a camo pattern because they want to be seen.