AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Sign in to follow this  
MAYO

Milsim Focus Group

Plenty of you have seen my posts and quite a few of you know who I am from what I can tell at events.

If you know me well enough, you know I really want a higher level of MilSim than I'm seeing at most events. This isn't to say the product that places like AMS are providing aren't quality and enjoyable. They definitely are.

I want harsher rules. Stricter rules. I want patrols, recon, MREs (not really), and so forth throughout the day. I want victory to come at a high cost and I want games/rules that make Rambos a bit more hesitant on the field.

That being said, MilSim games are still a game and require easy to understand/remember rules as well as compromises in some aspects due to safety, ease of use, and so on.

I want to build the MilSim community by getting the veteran MilSimmers (especially event holders) into one group to discuss, offer, and debate rules that we think would help the hobby grow.
Hopefully this information will leak its way into events and we'll see a shift in some places.

If you'd like to be a part of this, feel free to message me with your facebook and I'll add you to the group.

PS - Shenanigans unwelcome. You will be removed.

I really cannot usefully participate as East Wind steals my soul leaving me with no time to even pet my cat.

9585534377_6f46424546_z.jpg

Snidley hates East Wind and just wants it to be over...

I did however participate in a conversation up on Airsoft Canada that resulted in a lot of positive ideas  from milsim event hosts up there getting tossed around.   Perhaps some this this will provide some useful fodder for you in your quest.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=159185

Guest Specs

Same, I won't have time to participate in person, but I'm always open to online conversations and debate on the current ruleset. I for example approve of the sidearm only rule within structures. Not only does it enforce semi-auto fire within CQB engagement distances, but it provides a reason to put side arms to use at all. 

I would also like to see FOB points move more often based on the AO's current activity. As proper eye pro and such are required at spawn regardless, I don't see any reason why FOB's/Respawn can't exist as capturable structures within the AO. And on a smaller note, perhaps weapon caches can serve as reloading points for players still in play, rather than serving in large as an objective only.

(Please note that most of my points are based on smaller AO's such as RYII. I'm sure larger AO's such as Broken Home do have such respawn options in play.)

This is only a facebook group right now. I wouldn't worry about putting 'time' into it. Definitely jump on if you have facebook.

I may eventually save the conversations to some sort of online database for future references, but as of right now it's just a closed facebook group. Nothing demanding really. I just hope to get people from all over the US rather than just the people I know.

Guest Specs

I'm game! Post up the link whenever you get the group set up.

Sign in to follow this