American MilSim
TWD3

Helmets / Plate Carriers

Question: Is there any concession given to players wearing plate carriers with plates? In other words, does wearing a helmet or a plate carrier allow you to take a hit to the helmet or plate before calling yourself out or "HIT"?

Question: Is there any concession given to players wearing plate carriers with plates? In other words, does wearing a helmet or a plate carrier allow you to take a hit to the helmet or plate before calling yourself out or "HIT"?

According to the AMS rule set, no. I can see why as it may call into dispute players who claim to be it in the pates/helmet but were really hit in exposed extremeities. Check the AMS rules here ( americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43-ams-standard-rule-set/ ) for closer examination and further questions :).

Guest Specs

Nope! When it comes to a hit, everyone is subject to the same rules regardless of whatever gear they run. 1 hit is downed. 2 chances for medic revival. Beyond that, you're trekking it back to the FOB/ respawn for your team.

No.

Good question, but I don't know how other fields or promoters would handle that since it's nearly impossible to police and enforce.

Been working on a way to implement bonuses to players wearing PCs and Helmets. Typically the bonus would come as a higher chance of being able to be revived after being shot, with players not wearing the two having lower chances.

Just becomes a point of how to implement it and enforce it.

"Typically the bonus would come as a higher chance of being able to be revived after being shot, with players not wearing the two having lower chances.

Just becomes a point of how to implement it and enforce it"

One way to implement this would be for the Medic to roll dice with a statistical advantage to a player wearing PCs and helmet. Or a simpler option could be to extend the time a protected player can receive medical care from a medic over an unprotected player. Personally I prefer option 2 myself but both could be interesting.