American MilSim
Jeffbrewerjr

Shout outs at Rebel yell 2

Finally, SiSU, the USF did not break the truce Sunday morning. Your people encountered an isolated incident at the squad level and without elevating it up the chain of command for CDF and UFS command to initiate a joint investigation, gather evidence, determine any violations of the UFSCMJ (United Federal States Code of Military Justice) or actions inconsistent with the terms of the cease-fire and conduct courts-marital of offending personnel, your command decided to unilaterally renege on the agreement, as I learned when I was safety killed by what I incorrectly assumed was a friendly CDF player. If you are correct, then surely the UFS XO would have shot that CDF militia member as he approached? If your militia doesn’t want to follow the rule of law and instead side with nuclear bomb-toting secessionist rabble, that is your choice, but the UFS is committed to preserving a civil and civilized free society where due process and are committments are honored. :)

I see what you're saying, but that was part of the non-aggression... You stay out of my house, I won't shoot you, lol. If you can't keep your troops in order, then things were definitely going to go south. ;) I got knifed after I kicked out a bunch of UFS troops from 2402. I was told that they were given orders that if we kicked them out, to go ahead and kill us. Who knows, lol. And I was nice about kicking them out too, how incredibly rude. I was baking cookies damnit! ;)

Either way, it was a pleasure meeting you!

That was my squads thunderB! Lol as for shooting across the top from the roof top comm was bad and we were getting the wrong intel. Once we found out I was shouting sorry I don't know if you heard or not. Then I tried to cover your building to help make up for the accidental use of force. So I hoped that helped a bit. Intel exchange was slow or wrong but that's war. We had guys before the truce enter and say the same then shot us up so my squad kept checking on comm and was told no still hostile. Once it was figured we tried to spread te word as fast as possible.

That was my squads thunderB! Lol as for shooting across the top from the roof top comm was bad and we were getting the wrong intel. Once we found out I was shouting sorry I don't know if you heard or not. Then I tried to cover your building to help make up for the accidental use of force. So I hoped that helped a bit. Intel exchange was slow or wrong but that's war. We had guys before the truce enter and say the same then shot us up so my squad kept checking on comm and was told no still hostile. Once it was figured we tried to spread te word as fast as possible.

Hey no big deal lol, thats all just part of the game. Shouting matches can always be fun as well :D

I had a great time at this Op running with the CDF.  The battles were intense and I loved the diplomacy aspect.  At times I got to intermingle and fight with both sides, which was really cool. For example, even after our brief cease fire with CoST fell apart the last day, one of our squad leaders was able to personally negotiate with a CoST leader who gave us safe passage through his forces and let us outflank the USF.  Even though CDF and CoST were shooting each other in other parts of the AO, everyone upheld their end of the bargain.

My favorite part was moving the CDF's ammo supply from the city to the train station through the woods "Ho Chi Minn trail" style lol.  Our fire team was scouting ahead, and looking back you could see 10-12 guys in single file lugging big metal containers through the forest.  To top it off we launched a surprise attack on the station and captured it after some brief but intense fire.

But, the Absolute Biggest shoutout is to AMS.

Without you guys, this wouldnt have even happend. All the planning and coordination that it takes to get these together is insane and for that we all thank you.

How come noone else is saying this?!?! lol

No Worries will give a big Shout out to AMS in my next video, So Far I have a 30 min video planned... so you guys can see what your fire fights looked like from UFS side. Yes I died a lot this time, but I gave just as much as I got and hopefully you guys are thankful for my suicide runs... I think it freaked a few of my guys out , I had to clank the nutsack a few times to get some epic runs.  

A big shout out to the UFS DMR who one-shotted me from the top of the school-120+ yard shot. This was during the Saturday morning game. He was even kind enough to hit me while I was in the shade, so I could pull out my deadrag, sit down and enjoy the game from a cooler and breezy spot.

I ran into him while we were both standing in the sandwhich truck line. It came out he was who had shot me. I got his real name but not his callsign. Out of respect, I shall not reveal that intel, just know it was an honor to meet you, Good Sir. And thank you for your military service to our country.

Cost guys wouldn't call the hits because they said we were friendly

As far as this statement goes, EVERYONE here should know that, no matter what agreements are on or off, there is absolutely no FRIENDLY fire. Most of us have all been hit accidentally in a skirmish and most of us play fair and call ourselves hit. I, myself, have been victim to attempting to relieve a team member on over watch only to be pinged, a failed rocket attempt AND crossing in front of my own team's suppressing fire before. A hit is a hit. No matter what color monkey suit the sender donns, the receiver should be wearing red afterwards. Just as in the real world, confusion reigns supreme. It is up to us, as sportsmen and women to police our own and trust that our fellow competitors do the same. For every second you spend worrying about why Charlie isn't doing what you think he/she SHOULD do, you're losing twice that amount of time needed to adapt to the situation and overcome that small situation successfully.

I adopted a rule of thumb sometime ago: when Top bitches about something, then ill spend time giving my two cents on the subject and complaining.

Guess what? Those who are around me know that they don't hear me complaining, :)

Big Shout Out to Douce

This player was the most honorable player I have ever come across! I can't remember the team he was on but he was a CDF player that had called himself out for firing full auto from inside a room. 

I was behind a some kind of Cat tracked loader when I was hit from the CDF city hall it was a beautiful shot because I was so far away. We were engaged in a heavy fighting with CDF and with no medic in sight I called my self dead and took a few steps away from combat to wait my bleed out time. Then this CDF player Douce walks over he asked it i was behind the Cat i told him yes. He apologized he told me he accidentally shot and killed me full-auto from inside the building. He told me he called himself out for it. 

Again Great Sportsmanship From Douce!!!

This isn't a thread for an AAR of any kind, I won't participate in that....

To AMS, thanks a billion for letting it stand that we had hard hitters like Misfits, MAKO, Coal Creek Command, Delta 9, SOG, and others all be on one faction at once!

To those teams I mentioned, it was awesome rolling with you guys all weekend despite the heat or 2:1 odds against us!

To Duece of C3/Aesir Strategic for be humble and as honest as you could hope for a guy to be for calling himself out for accidentally firing full auto from inside a building and not exposing his barrel!

To Bagel, I love slaying bodies FOR you, man....but BOY does it blow goats being against you! As always, great job!

To Bear of Sprigfield Instigators, congrats on being one of the first to EARN an Aesir Strategic Award for Excelence for OWNING LIFE with your RPG!! You stuck with your HWS role and played it well!

To Boba Fett for also winning an ASAfE! Boba Fett stroled up casually to an entire squad of dead CDF (myself included) right outside 2301 that was FULL of CoST and healed us all!! We we quickly mowed down again, because Rocketman is a party pooper, but it ended up allowing another small squad of CDF to clear all CoST out of 2301 and hold that until game end!!

To Benshee of Dark Horse on UFS for also earning an ASAfE. Benshee took on almost all our buddies from ARDA (CoST) with his pistol and a thunder B. the bodies just kept stacking up even after trying to use several tornadoes and smokes on Benshee, he held his ground until about 5min before endex on Saturday. Afterwards he and ARDA shook hands and praised one another for the efforts.

These award winners are not only for great plays but for great sportsmanship. They are examples of what other aspiring MilSimers and current MilSimers should look up to as examples!

Guest Specs

Thanks to the great guys of D9 and Coal Creek for letting me role with them as a completely new and foreign addition. I had a blast, even if we were separated a great deal of the OP.

Thanks to Wolf Squad for taking me in and putting in work at my side for the majority of the second day.

Thanks to all of the AMS staff for putting on an amazing event and an even better first time milsim experience.

And finally, thanks to every other player out there for keeping a level head, putting on your big boy pants and exuding some humbling sportsmanship. A lot went wrong, but even more went right. And at the end of the OP, I wanted to do nothing more than shake the hands of the enemy.

Also also, this post is quite late.  ^_^