American MilSim
Jeffbrewerjr

Shout outs at Rebel yell 2

Ok guys first thing I want to say is good game! There was a lot of heated game play, with out a lot of argument, yelling, cussing, etc.... I've been to many ops and to me this was the smoothest op I've been too! I felt that in a whole the game was kept honorably, and has held the sports integrity together. I look forward to playing with you all again in the future!

Not to be a dick but I completely disagree with everything in your statement. This op was not smooth and nothing like last year. Cost and CDF started in the buildings at every evolution.UFS was destined to be screwed from the get go. Even off the start in a dead sprint the UFS was mowed down. Then when we finally started to take buildings a game reset was called. Then while waiting for the go we saw the CDF just sprint to a building and bunker in with us still waiting for the go. Admins did try to stop it but to no avail. When we finally got the go we sprinted as fast as we could to the school which was our closest building only to find COST set up waiting to mow us down. Then we had CDF players camping the woods by our spawn. We also had our spawn raided, so much for a safe zone. Overall after this op I left not only disappointed but agitated as well. Basically the entire op was spent worrying about team flippers and trying to make it out of our spawn. I ended up just shooting anyone not tan no matter if they were friendly. Cost guys wouldn't call the hits because they said we were friendly and I have video proving cost guys shouting were friendly stop shooting us only then to have them say okay kill all of the tan. Why do they get to make the call of who is friendly or not SMH. Worst op I've been to. Will not be returning to AMS events until things turn around.

Not to be a dick but I completely disagree with everything in your statement. This op was not smooth and nothing like last year. Cost and CDF started in the buildings at every evolution.UFS was destined to be screwed from the get go. Even off the start in a dead sprint the UFS was mowed down. Then when we finally started to take buildings a game reset was called. Then while waiting for the go we saw the CDF just sprint to a building and bunker in with us still waiting for the go. Admins did try to stop it but to no avail. When we finally got the go we sprinted as fast as we could to the school which was our closest building only to find COST set up waiting to mow us down. Then we had CDF players camping the woods by our spawn. We also had our spawn raided, so much for a safe zone. Overall after this op I left not only disappointed but agitated as well. Basically the entire op was spent worrying about team flippers and trying to make it out of our spawn. I ended up just shooting anyone not tan no matter if they were friendly. Cost guys wouldn't call the hits because they said we were friendly and I have video proving cost guys shouting were friendly stop shooting us only then to have them say okay kill all of the tan. Why do they get to make the call of who is friendly or not SMH. Worst op I've been to. Will not be returning to AMS events until things turn around.

Actually... WAY OFF.

1. CDF (the civilians who were supposed to be living in the town) ONLY started in the buildings in the first evolution. Every single one after that, CDF started at our hard spawn point.

2. Sunday (when the game reset) CDF started sprinting because CoST was released from their spawn. 

3. CDF did NOT camp in the woods near your spawn. In fact, the Admins had to move our spawn 4 times, because UFS troops kept attacking us (except for the one group that was hanging out behind the white shed who we let stay there until they felt safe to move out - this was during the non-aggression pact). We even had a UFS sniper in the woods shooting at us in our spawn. 

4. As far as the team flipping goes, Not quite sure what you're referring to... But UFS broke the non-aggression pact early Sunday morning, when they were trying to enter our buildings and we told them no. I personally got knifed by a GREAT UFS sniper who was a super nice guy.

5. I can't comment too much on the UFS/CoST pseudo alliance to kill/shoot CDF, but that goes ENTIRELY against the story line.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time but based on your prior posts, it sounds like you went to the OP with a chip on your shoulder... Which is a shame. I think we all need to remember that it's a sport/game and you're responsible for your own fun. Even I had my own dark/seeing red moment, but I got over it, cleaned up the blood and picked up my AEG and slung some more plastic.

I will definitely keep attending AMS events. They do an amazing job at making sure that we all have a great time, are well taken care of and give us a safe environment to play in. Hell, how many times did they roll through with cases upon cases of water to make sure we're all okay. These guys bust their asses and it shows. 

:D 

first off we was told finally tan was friendly that we all had to fight cdf we told tan serval times to stay away from the hotel cause we had our cases in there will after they wouldn't listen took our case all was off we got orders tan was foe

I agree with Sisu, I wasn't all to sure about the alliance cost/USF had, but oh well it had a cool spin on things. Cost started at spawn the same distance and time, if cost took off before USF, that's on your C.O. Because we went wen admen called go over the radio, me moved quickly and under cover as soon as it was available! And as far as your video goes that's fine, us it! I do believe it was me on the second story that was commenting on the turn of the alliance. And if it was me, during your investigation you will notice multiple gun hits! But either way this thread is set up for shout outs! I'm sure your whole day wasn't just "unfair" advantages, and cheating?!? If so police them in the future! That's what the red shirts are for!

Would you like to see the video of the CDF players who were out of bounds in the wood line because I have video killing 2 of them. I went to the op not happy about team flipping and did exactly what I said and kill cdf and cost on site no matter if they are friendly. It is ridiculous when you have an alliance then you are the group who gets screwed when they decide to switch no matter what side you are. I did not say the admins did a bad job with water delivery in fact I thanked them at the op for that reason.I feel that more could have been done to correct issues on the spot instead of letting it happen. I know we are responsible for having fun but you can't say being raped before you ever get a chance to reach a building and shoot back could ever be fun. I died at least 10 times before being able to push to a building only to be reset and have to do it all over again.

This was my first AMS event and I think it went very smooth. Cost started at spawn ever time but our guys pushed hard to there objectives cleared em so b the time the slower troops got there dmrs and snipers were set support gunners could pick good spots while rifleman patrolled floors. At least I know that what was going on in the huge area in town we controlled. There were a few things that got messed up but admins fixed the problems. We even had guys step up and try to help.

As for shout outs CDF you and I had a amazing private war from roof top to roof top with some beautiful hits on myself and my squad yes I was the crazy guy in the ghillie on Sunday. And I know you guys were givin us mad props on some of our kills as well. And to avocado sir you had me for a while I couldn't move at all great support man! Tan guys Runing with top on the back side of 404 you guys did great I came in beind those cable boxes and had no idea your group was so large great way of using cover. It was alot of fun being bled out and being able to stand back and watch it was really cool to see.

I am not going to continue to argue. If you had fun great I am glad you did. I had fun until the game reset. As far as going at the same time, even the admins will tell you it did not happen that way.

I went to the op not happy about team flipping and did exactly what I said and kill cdf and cost on site no matter if they are friendly. It is ridiculous when you have an alliance then you are the group who gets screwed when they decide to switch no matter what side you are.

Oh, so you were one of the guys who the COs and XOs were getting upset that weren't following orders at a MILSIM event... lol.

Also, there were no alliances, there were aggreements on non-aggression.

Anyway, you're right, no need to argue. Let's keep the good shout outs going!

i was at the car repairing a gun during the sunday afternoon reset. does anyone know Really why it happened ? As for the UFS/CoST cease-fire ending , it never should have happened in the first place and as my first AMS event i don't understand why AMS would throw out the story-line and help the enemy kill civilians.   all in all i had great time , a few hot-headed moments watching people not call hits but for the most part very fair players . sorry if i shot any of you already dead lol

The reset occurred due to the UFS/CDF holding the majority of the town hemming up COST in their spawn area. This was per organizers and was in many people’s opinion not cool. What is the point of fighting all day just to lose everything you gained because you’re doing better than the other side? I could have understood swapping CDF back to COST's side as it would have been what we had expected and would have fit the storyline. There was a reason for everything that was done and had you been near command elements throughout the day you would have heard why things were being done however if your off on the other side of the field it does seem as if it is BS sometimes. My group was fairly close to Top and the UFS command elements most of the day and AMS staff were trying to balance out the fighting to make sure everyone was having fun and one side wasn't getting slaughtered.

The UFS/COST truce was due to the fact that UFS was about to get pushed off the field due to the starting position and our lack of being able to move forward because of heavy resistance.

As for issues my main issues dealt with water and a few players. There is never an excuse for not having a water buffalo nearby. The reason for the long lunch was due to people dropping out due to lack of water. We had plenty of water at BH2 yet here I found that the water situation was terrible until later in the day especially since it was 109 on day one. Not sure what happened there but I hope it gets corrected. As for players it’s a twofold problem, one if you’re playing in 100+ degree weather a single bottle of water is not going to cut it. Either invest in a camelback or some other water carrying device, or you can simply bring along a jug just make sure you stay hydrated. Secondly whoever the clowns were that would continue to spray a constant stream of fire onto someone who clearly raised their hand calling a hit and attempted to retrieve a dead rag I hope you all get shot in an uncomfortable place. I was hit at one point over 30 times directly in my face after calling my hit until I ran behind cover and was told that I need to retrieve my dead rag as soon as I’m hit or they won’t stop. It is difficult to pull out a rag if your fending off a constant stream of bb’s to your face. If someone calls hit raises their hand stop fing shooting them if they don’t pull out a rag in a timely manner or attempt to shrug it off then light them up but there is no and I mean NO excuse for being a douche in that manner.

BTW the COST guys on the open field side of the AO in the afternoon of day 1 that fight was sick with the grenade tosses and RPG shots. I have rarely had more fun than that engagement.

i was at the car repairing a gun during the sunday afternoon reset. does anyone know Really why it happened ? As for the UFS/CoST cease-fire ending , it never should have happened in the first place and as my first AMS event i don't understand why AMS would throw out the story-line and help the enemy kill civilians.   all in all i had great time , a few hot-headed moments watching people not call hits but for the most part very fair players . sorry if i shot any of you already dead lol

Just to try and clear up any rumors, confusion, etc...

On Sunday we ran into a situation with heat causalities and some excessive tempers, both the UFS and CoST commanders spoke to one another agreed to reset the evolution and then communicated that to staff, sadly we had a bit of a start jump on the proceeding game on call.

As for the story-line, we lay the ground work. Players and command staff decide where it goes. Just like in reality truces are made and broken and it get messy while the information works it was way down from command to platoon leaders, to squad leaders to the individual solider. Just because you have a "truce" with another faction does that mean you shouldn't pull security or watch them like a hawk. Friendly fire is anything but friendly.

I hope this helps explain the SNAFU on Sunday's evolution and I really appreciate how all the command staff and players handled themselves and the situation, Mucho Gracias!

as for the Ceasefire ending... between CoST and UFS... Well apparently the Black Box was taken "In an Illegal" manner. I am not sure if it was or it wasn't. I was under the assumption that in order to get the points for an objective you must RETURN and hang on to said ITEM. I was at the respawn when CoST entered the outskirts of it - for the record they demanded ""Their Property Back within 15 secs" or they would take it by force. We had an officer handling the negotiations. It was Intense as shit! We had a standoff until one guy looked up and started dryfiring into them, but nothing came out. These guys on CoST did not fire back, props to them. I was on the right flank of the officer and my weapon never left my targets till one o the guys said you lower yours we lower ours and so I thought that was fair, after all I was outmanned and outgunned with only 2-3 rifles at our respawn. We knelt they discussed... in order to NEGOGIATE Danarchy made the call over comms to give back the PROPERTY in question, which we did so as to not cause a break.  I may have had my weapon off the targets but my right hand had a primed grenade with no pin already and waiting. which was ready for toss at anytime... I was ordered to stand down however , when they were retreating across the field , Two or three UFS started firing at them and all hell broke loose and we were order to give chase and kill them, when we did they returned fire and I went prone in a field and mag changed only to realize I dropped my grenade, right by my face, I Grabbed my guy with me, pushed him to the side and tossed it 15 ft or so and then it duded out .... whew we was lucky but man that was an intense moment I might have pee'd alittle lol- Honestly Cooler heads prevailed, I was ready to rock and roll them and they had me down but I would have taken a few of em out... It was BAD ASS.... I loved that part... As to why did UFS switch on CDF and switch ... that's the way these things go sometimes... There was lots of stuff that ppl did not see or did not know... You wanted MILSIM... welcome to MILITARY SIMULATION... if you are just a private then you follow the guy in front of you... you want to know what's going on get involved in the role-play. Choose to be that bad ass don't just stand around and be curious. you make the game you play. I GIVE PROPS TO ALL THE BADASS's From OP:RebelYell2 - I wore two blisters on my trigger finger yesterday PROPS TO AMS as well for following the STORYLINE our Psyop presented , I couldn't have written that better than the way it came out. Also THERE WERE NO SWITCHES ORIGINALLY. It was a 1 on 1 on 1 Format. EVERYTHING else was negotiated through your command, If you hate the way it turned out, blame your command because EVERYTHING was about FORCE vs. NEGOTIATION. Sometimes its better to fight with your brain than your brawn. I think Its an AWESOME Game! I can't wait to do a Video for it.

As a member of the UFS Command Staff, there are so many things I would like to address about your statement above but, as was previously stated, this thread is for shout outs. However, I would more than happy to have a back and forth with you on another thread, pm, or in person, if you choose. This is MILSIM and anyone who has been in the military should know that the best laid plans in the world don't amount to a hill of beans on the two way firing range; we adapt and overcome, which is what milsimmers do. At any rate, if you feel this needs more discussion, by all means, I invite you to contact me by ANY of the means included above.

Now, on to my props-giving( I don't care if it's not grammatically correct)

1. The 3 CDF on Saturday morning that held out on the rooftop of the school building for God knows how long, repelling our forces time after time until there was nothing left to do because your medic was hit, outstanding operating!

2. K Mart, a member of UFS who was on his first AMS event, stuck by and analyzed the suitcase nuke and offered all the help he was allowed to give for that mission, much appreciated. You have earned that EOD patch, you better be back with IT on your person.

3. The rest of the Lancer's squad, who located, secured and delivered that bomb back to us, way to get after it!

4. Whover rolled with Danarchy to locate the HVT that had "codes" for said Nuke and deliver him back, I salute you all.

5. The sniper from someone's force that was in the woods on the northwest corner of the maintanence building on Saturday afternoon. I was all alone, questioning this clear route and, just as I stopped at the corner to poke around, I got popped on the back. I couldn't tell where it came from, but I commended you and kept it to myself after you gave me a visual acknowledgement.

6. To the COST rocket team that seemed to somehow just show up at just the right time(or wrong time, for us) and decimate us as we mustered a large enough force to make a push, you guys had it goin' on!

7. To all the others out there who showed some outstanding sportsmanship and great operating, I appreciate you all. At every AMS event I attend, I see the quality of sportsmanship increase exponentially. there's something to be said for a sport where I can be mortal enemies with someone before a charge, send and receive a shower of bb's and then stand aside for 5 minutes enjoying conversation and watching intense action from the side. Keep calling your hits, it's working.

8. AMS. I say it so much that it may be cliche now but, each and every event I attend for AMS gets better and better. These guys are more and more organized with each Op that we put in the books. they continue to do whatever they can to ensure we get the best gameplay, best facilities, best players, best props, best overall community available. Please take the time to let them know if you feel the same. If you don't feel the same, move the F#*K on. I've only tried Ops from a few other organizations but I will say that I have not seen the amount of overall effort and success as I do with this one.

Out

I'm still trying to figure out who goes on a multiple day sporting event and doesn't pack MORE than enough water. Every Op Top and I attend, we pack almost 2 cases of bottled water per person in our party AND gatorades, V-8's, etc. Sorry if I'm hurting feelings, but come on people.

Thank You

5. The sniper from someone's force that was in the woods on the northwest corner of the maintanence building on Saturday afternoon. I was all alone, questioning this clear route and, just as I stopped at the corner to poke around, I got popped on the back. I couldn't tell where it came from, but I commended you and kept it to myself after you gave me a visual acknowledgement.

That sounds like our sniper, Tmac! He said he popped some guy and the guy yelled good shot and to come see him after the game. If that was you, he didn't know who you were. But he told me about that shot at least 3 times lol

UFS and CoST put up a great fight both days! Even with it being HAWT as BAWLS we had a blast.

Chicken and the rest of 5280, it was a blast f***ing sh** up with you all during our alliance. Hell, it was funny shooting you all before and after. If you DON'T know these dudes, you need to. Some of the coolest MFers on the field.

Hats off to you gents.

Sisu, you are one bad mofo. Nuff said.

CDF Command element I thought was solid. We had 3 guys monitoring the net and there was solid chatter during the whole event. We were always up to speed on what was going on. If we weren't, we could raise command and get a sitrep. Thanks gents and lady.

CDF did make a rush after the reset only after we saw CoST bolting from there spawn. I don't think I've ever run so fast. Well there was one time but I was drunk and pantless on a beach (long story).

All in all, GREAT GAME.

I was the sniper along with my spotter glad to hear from you tried to find you after the game but couldn’t track you down. Thanks for the complement! TMAC

That sounds like our sniper, Tmac! He said he popped some guy and the guy yelled good shot and to come see him after the game. If that was you, he didn't know who you were. But he told me about that shot at least 3 times lol

That was, indeed, me!

I was the sniper along with my spotter glad to hear from you tried to find you after the game but couldn’t track you down. Thanks for the complement! TMAC

Yeah, Top and I headed out right before the raffle was getting started. Well done, though. I was thoroughly impressed. I didn't want to give away your position but I wanted to give you props. What i wanted to do was sit back with a dead rag on and watch you collect skins, lmao.

Outstanding job, guys!

Oh almost forgot! The guy that rpg'd the roof! Dude mad props you had alot of fire coming your way but you still took the shot. Well done

Well if you were on CoST and that was a tan guy with the rocket, then that was probably Cormac.

Shouts out to everyone - we had a blast as always at AMS events.

Did UFS get some tough breaks at a couple times? Maybe so, but I'm sure others felt the same way on their end, and all you can do is keep listening to Top and pushing until you overcome the opposition, which is exactly what we did.

Were there flip-floppers and turn-coats or general surprise stabbings in the back? Sure, but this isn't a simulation of a military exercise (MilExSim?) with Blue and Red teams vying for points, but MilSim. You can look at history or current events like Yugoslavia or East Africa or now Syria to see that it always isn't easy to determine the sides. I enjoy the challenge and am glad to see the CDF added to the mix in this manner.

Finally, SiSU, the USF did not break the truce Sunday morning. Your people encountered an isolated incident at the squad level and without elevating it up the chain of command for CDF and UFS command to initiate a joint investigation, gather evidence, determine any violations of the UFSCMJ (United Federal States Code of Military Justice) or actions inconsistent with the terms of the cease-fire and conduct courts-marital of offending personnel, your command decided to unilaterally renege on the agreement, as I learned when I was safety killed by what I incorrectly assumed was a friendly CDF player. If you are correct, then surely the UFS XO would have shot that CDF militia member as he approached? If your militia doesn’t want to follow the rule of law and instead side with nuclear bomb-toting secessionist rabble, that is your choice, but the UFS is committed to preserving a civil and civilized free society where due process and are committments are honored. :)

Gentlemen, I for one can say I had a blast. I see there are some who did not quite grasp what was going on, and yes there were a lot of twists this op... but most were planned and executed quite well. Those that weren't planned just added to the realism.

UFS, as always I enjoyed the opportunity to tangle with you all; Top is a good guy and a fun challenge. I saw a lot of great sportsmanship out there, some amazing shots, and just all around good fun. The CoST guy with the rocket was Bear, our HWS and you guys gave him the thrill of his life to say the least. I would really like to get in contact with Zero so I can thank him for the kill card, so if anyone knows who he is please have him contact me.

CDF, you guys played hard and did your best against the odds, well done. Next year watch the alliances you make...

CoST, as always you guys were a great group. You guys fought hard and did some serious damage, and it was fun to be a part of.

Nothing negative to say here about this op, had more of a blast than last year!

Props to the CoST guys who chucked a thunder b from the Hotel to the Apartments...thats a heck of a throw, too bad it didnt go off for you guys lol. You guys also ended my streak of not getting hit all weekend....went the first day without being touched and wanted the same luck second day

At the beginning of the first day, it came down to 3 people inside the townhomes to the UFS breaching squad who came in to clear the top room out, good job on scaring The Living S*** out of me. My hand Could Not stop shaking after that lol, great job

As far as Us CDF people, Great job. Especially on the command staff, everyone was ontop of things and very quick to relay information and make sure things went as smooth as possible.

Specs, i cannot stress enough, you are one Heck of a sniper, i look forward to seeing you at more ops in the future

Also, the FEW people that i saw cheating & had called in on, Big props to the Admins on getting out there and making sure they were righted and fixed in a very fast manner. Really without those guys this game woulda been so much worse

Now the Negs.

Did not quite enjoy being under constant fire by the CoST that Were on the roof of the hotel when we had a supposed truce going on, despite us telling you that across the way (granted it didnt last very long our truce, but still)

The heat, the heat, the heat. Weather shoulda been more like last year! haha but thats nothing we can control

Also, the last-minute rule change as far as MED inside of buildings.....Thought that was pretty darn unsafe (but i dont make the rules though). Getting shot less than ~4 feet away with an aeg pushing almost 400? No thanks (didnt happen to me personally but just saying for argument purposes)