American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
POSTMAN

Cummerbund upgrade

So my fellow gear whores,

I am considering either purchasing the crye skeletonized 3 row cummerbund or the Ferro Concepts airflow cummerbund.

Anyone have first hand experience with either?, I am going to add one or the other to my Banshee.

Yes that is correct. It sheds some extra weight as well. I narrowed what I want down to these two, just looking for some first hand experience of ownership with both of these to base my decision on.

Are you planning on mounting any pouches to your side or are you running it slick?  IE, on mine I have the sides completely slick and only have side pouches on my belt.  I've debated moving my sustainment pouch to the left side so I can roll w/o the belt when I use ESBIs, but I really like the light(er) weight setup I have now.

Crye Skeletal: $48.20

FCPC (2" Elastic): ~$16

FCPC (4" Elastic): Sold out

FCPC (Skeletal): Sold out

The elastics look pretty highspeed if you don't want side protection.

I am planning on running very few pouches on my side. So the elastic is out.

I to split my kit up between my belt and PC, the only thing I have on my cummerbund is , one single rifle taco on my left followed by a blowout bleeder pouch and the small radio pouch behind that. On my right all I have is a another single rifle taco and a SOG Seal pup behind that  

I see the mesh or skeletonized as the next step in gear evolution as the material between it serves few purposes, as the interior molle allows you to add armor to your sides as needed anyhow.

I have a hydration pouch project ongoing with a tailor with similar circumstances, and his words of wisdom regarding the mesh/nothing fill were basically "anything that isn't a solid material fill is a pain in the butt and takes a lot longer to do."  I agree, the fabric there does little more than mild reinforcement and traps heat.

Sign in to follow this