Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

Congress steps in on CAMO issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

http://sofrep.com/21...gress-steps-in/

Got to love our fucked up Government! Like they do not have bigger fish to fry like impeaching O-shithead, Benghazi, and they keep selling out Israel . They would rather get in the middle of a CAMO issue, geez we are screwed for sure now!!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

We all wore the same uniform (BDUs) for 20+ years until early 2000s and it worked out just fine.  We changed because we suddenly had the money to due to the surplus of war money pouring in.  Each branch having their own uniform promotes branch individuality, but costs a lot in the long run.  America is broke and its time to tighten the purse strings.  Think about how much we could save if we minimized the patterns to 2 or 3?

Besides, ACUs are hard to upkeep and that leads to lower standards, which is partly why the ACU looks like dogshit.

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

The overall cost savings I would imagine might not be bad if you forced the services to utilize the same camo patterns.  This would reduce individual branch costs to develop new patterns and the overall incurred cost of outfitting the entire military.

I agree they have bigger fish to fry, but this is an important part of our government and there is still work to be done.

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

Use whatever works, save lives and gives us the advantage. Nothing is 100%. I have always hated Velcro on uniforms, No shine boots, Before I got out I seen some troopers uniforms looking like hammered dog shit.but not in my Company! You did not have to starch and was warned not too. But a good iron to it, is and was a must. I better never see buttons undone and the only thing I better see in cargo pockets is your cover while in Garrison!

I always taught have a couple uniforms for nothing but Garrison ( or around the armory) if we were doing a STX.

If we had  a FTX or on AT.then I had some other policies that I followed. But for the most part I had some good troopers and had some awesome CSM's that were outstanding teachers, especially CSM Garrett

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Use whatever works, save lives and gives us the advantage. Nothing is 100%. I have always hated Velcro on uniforms, No shine boots, Before I got out I seen some troopers uniforms looking like hammered dog shit.but not in my Company! You did not have to starch and was warned not too. But a good iron to it, is and was a must. I better never see buttons undone and the only thing I better see in cargo pockets is your cover while in Garrison!

I always taught have a couple uniforms for nothing but Garrison ( or around the armory) if we were doing a STX.

If we had  a FTX or on AT.then I had some other policies that I followed. But for the most part I had some good troopers and had some awesome CSM's that were outstanding teachers, especially CSM Garrett

I am not former military and most of what you just said went right over my head :D

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users