Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

Blackhawk! HPFU Slick (Non-ITS)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

My first venture into buying camo was the route of Tru-Spec.  Like others, I have had issues with fading of the pattern (multicam) and it quickly starts looking like crap.  In an effort to buy better gear, I have been looking at different companies and options.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to find stores that sell this stuff so I am at the mercy of what's available online and trying to find stuff that will both fit and has quality.

My desirable loadout would include a combat shirt and pants in Multicam and OD.  In reviewing some different vendors, I came across the Blackhawk! HFPU slick (non-its).

Anyone have experience with these?

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

Dang boy, you going to look purdy!!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Helios

Helios

CoST Leadership

• CoST Leadership
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

While I don't have experience with the HPFUs, I will say that if you're looking for something available online with good color retention I've had good results with my 5.11 Tac Pants in Multicam:74350_169_Alternate2.jpg

That fabric's probably a little heavier than the 50/50 Blackhawks, but it can take a beating. You sacrifice some of the cool-guy features of the HPFU pants, but you're also paying about 60% as much. The 5.11 Tactical Rapid Assault Shirt comes highly recommended as well:
72185_169_Alternate1.jpg

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

I had trouble finding the 5.11 in stock but it looks like OpticsPlanet has them; at least in the Multicam pattern.

I couldn't find a diagram of their stitching - how are the legs?  Do they have velcro enclosures or adjustable strap?  Definitely don't want ones that tie.

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

i believe the 5-11 are straight legs! The ones i use for work are all straight legs. i know you said you did not like true spec but did you ever try there top line 24-7 wear? There light and made of rip stop  i use 24-7 in the summer months for work and play. i even use there shorts when i am on bike patrol as well!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

REDCORN

REDCORN

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSallisaw Ok.

ha ha, i just ebay! lol

Helios

Helios

CoST Leadership

• CoST Leadership
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

I had trouble finding the 5.11 in stock but it looks like OpticsPlanet has them; at least in the Multicam pattern.

I couldn't find a diagram of their stitching - how are the legs?  Do they have velcro enclosures or adjustable strap?  Definitely don't want ones that tie.

LAPoliceGear may also have your size in stock, but unfortunately the bottom hem on the pant leg does use blousing ties (a la BDUs and TDUs) rather than velcro closures.

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

you ever heard of blousing straps!!

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Welp - ordered the 5.11's.  Price was certainly better.  We'll see how they do.  I was a little more worried about sizing the Blackhawk since they don't do Alpha sizes.  Hopefully they will fit good.  They are available a wide variety of patterns.  I've only had product from 5.11 in the past and that was a set of gloves which held out pretty good until I replaced them with Mechanix.

Appreciate everyone's feedback.

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users