AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Gunthar

Quick question about the Helo's

Have you guys ever considered working with one of the Vietnam vet groups that own actual UH-1 helo's and tour the nation reenacting insertions and extractions. I mention this because I believe it would be an amazing experience to have one of these groups operate at an event as the insertion for a group into the AO initially or even fulfill the role that the usual helo's do with the exception of the gun runs.

These groups show up to air shows and accept donations for rides usually around $75 to go up fly around and land. They use the money they raise to help various veteran charities and could result in some good press and possibly an enhanced experience for everyone attending. Not to mention these guys are combat vets with time in the s*** and could further enhance the milsim environment for us. Just a thought.

Remember anything can be done! But the real question is do you the customer want to pay a higher admission price?It will take to have them there, because I am sure there will be higher insurance cost, gas, and the pilots might want to be paid so they can have a Crew chief to make sure you approach the Helios correctly especially while the rotors are going.

I mean yea it will work and I am sure they could find somebody who would provide it but it will cost and in return it will cost us the customer more. This day and age with O-Shithead in office money can be hard to come by for some people in this hobby!