Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

So we know the GMR s*** that is going on right ? check this out

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Prod1gyAuA

Prod1gyAuA

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAruba

https://www.facebook...383666218417998

Fill in the Blanks

MGAT ARUBA

Seven

Seven

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

I personally think it kind of sheds some light to their side of what happened. Those officials seemed a little inappropriate.. granted we only know what the video shows us, not what all happened.

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Those dudes bunch up a lot.

Didn't see anything particularly wrong on their end, other than ignoring admin/adviser/whatever orders.

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,494 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Those dudes bunch up a lot.

Didn't see anything particularly wrong on their end, other than ignoring admin/adviser/whatever orders.

Nothing better than one rifleman suppressing an entire squad of "elite" mo fo's...

Keep in mind:

AMS reserves the right to refuse service to ANYONE... especially Dave.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Prod1gyAuA

Prod1gyAuA

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAruba

They made a podcast aswell telling their side of the story

http://thegreenmount...T14_19_06-07_00

MGAT ARUBA

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

Well I know with out doubt that I owe GMR a huge apology for what i have said. Everything that Ronin said makes senses to me. I think in the heat battle, things can be said and done that we wish in the end would not have been said or done!

It just so happened that it happened on Memorial day. This had nothing to do with the support of the military, or its troops. It had everything to do with the fog of an amped up moment and situation. I guess i am saying I think LC needs to take some ownership of the situation as well! 

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

DCAGrover

DCAGrover

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationRapid City, SD

meh they still could have handled it better sorry.

OP: Broken Home 2- UFS:A (2013)

DAM Operator- BH2 (IDAM '13) BH3, CH

OP: Grand Redemption, Tan Co. Springs (2013) Map monitor/updater

OP: Broken Home 3- UFS:A (2014) SL

OP: Copperhead- UFS:A (2015) SL/PL day 2

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Well I think they ALL could of handled it better. in the end it is all about should, would, could, but LC does have some ownership!!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Bagel

Bagel

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Gentlemen, I have refrained from jumping on this topic for awhile now, but but this needs to be said. Having played alongside GMR while I was in NY, and seen firsthand some of the shady crap they pulled there, I have had no respect for that team ever since. This particular incident is just the culmination of a number of things they have pulled regardless of who was right or confused here.  Because of what that team used to be they have a huge following among younger players; their sportsmanship or lack thereof becomes amplified by the various teams that try to emulate them and as a result, they must hold themselves to a higher standard or be held to a higher standard. Remember, the perception unfortunately becomes the reality in a world that could care less about facts.

"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

What is done is done! I for one will not jump off the gun to accuse them next time, Opinions have been made and already formed for whatever reason. "But as the old quote say's, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"!

moving on.....

Turd

Turd

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

One short video does not show that the claims made by LC are not accurate. GMR has pulled too much shady crap in the past for the allegations to not be at least mostly true.

You reap what you sow, and GMR had demonstrated consistently that they have a bad attitude, and are not willing to follow the rules or cooperate with game admins.

Sisu

Sisu

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

I won't get into taking sides... HOWEVER.

NOTHING. I repeat, NOTHING gives you the right to lay your hands on another person.

"Get your hands off me" was repeated multiple times. Playing medic is one thing, laying your hands on another person in an aggressive manner is another.

~ Sisu is a Finnish term that could be roughly translated into English as strength of will, determination, perseverance,
and acting rationally in the face of adversity. The equivalent in English is "to have guts." ~

* Rifle-wo-man UFS Marines 3-2, Broken Home II
* Squad Leader, CDF, Rebel Yell II
* Medic/Fire Team Leader, CoST, Faded Giant II
* Medic/Stand-in CO, CDF, ESR 19-2

Rotarygod

Rotarygod

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationFenton Mo

I'm with SISU on this one.

Runt511

Runt511

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Lions Claws Said they never touched them, GMR said they touched them. We dont know we werent there.

What I do know is, I have seen multiple videos from this year of GMR starting conflicts over stupid shit like one example, a guy that asked Ronin to sign his gun while he was walking back to a respawn and ronin took it as an insult. I have viewed documentation of them doing more bad than good at events.

However, Lions Claws seems to be more of the airsoft country club. You have to be vouched for to play an event?! GTFO of here.

personally, I dont want anything to do with either of them.

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

I'm with SISU on this one.

As am I,

but I have to wonder why the footage they posted was edited, and why, of the 15 dudes all running contours, we get the feed from the guy pulling rear security, whose view is garbage of the entire incident.

GMR deserves the ban, thats for sure, maybe not for this, but for other incidents. Though, I question LC's innocence in all of this.

Posted Image

DCAGrover

DCAGrover

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationRapid City, SD

Ya i watched it a few times and still shaking my head at GMR. they are trying to play grab ass with the community and it shows, took a week for a vid and the childish replies to people. also why are they running their nods in the day i mean really? if i had one it would be used in night only just to protect it.

OP: Broken Home 2- UFS:A (2013)

DAM Operator- BH2 (IDAM '13) BH3, CH

OP: Grand Redemption, Tan Co. Springs (2013) Map monitor/updater

OP: Broken Home 3- UFS:A (2014) SL

OP: Copperhead- UFS:A (2015) SL/PL day 2

Aswayze

Aswayze

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationKansas City

I was not there. 

Both sides have given their story and both sides have valid points. 

There is a lot of “spin” being put on all of this and in general this entire situation is sort of setting off my bull***t alarm but having said all of that there is one fact which cannot be disputed. 

Lion Claws doesn’t HAVE to allow anyone in that they do not want to deal with.   Clearly, their staff have issues with GMR and if I was in the same position, right or wrong, I would side with my staff as well. 

That said, clearly there is a great degree of proletariat torch and pitchfork rioting going on around a lot of this and I will caution all of you to remember that one of these days YOU may be “those guys”.   Happens that I did a great deal of underhanded “outside the box” stuff the year I was at Irene as well and it was pretty clear that thinking outside of the Yosemite Sam charge system was not really all that welcome out there.   I chose not to come back since although I had an uproariously good time I was clearly not a fit in that environment so I can VERY clearly see the point of view GMR has here and I think that they in all likelihood just need to find a different place to do their thing at.   It could have just as easily been me that roused the ire of their staff and in all reality, it could have been any number of you as well. 

Such is the world of our hobby.   What is “extreme” at one event is normal at another…

Those of you who have personal experience with GMR and feel they are jerks, by all means hate away.   Those of you who do not have personal experience with them beware of hazards of letting others tell you what to think.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users