American MilSim
TheJP

Another one bites the dust...

OBH2 is another AMS event for the history books!

I thought the level of play and sportsmanship was much better than last year, of course with 500+ players on the AO you are going to have "issues" no matter what.

I thought staff wise the logistics and organization was much improved.

The Black Card VIP tent was awesome, thanks for everyone that made it up early for the members only dinner was great to kick it with everyone and have a night of steak and beer to "power up" before the event.

Myself and the rest of the staff will be going back to tweak the rule set, especially concerning PoVs and how to disable / destroy them, they will be simplified. 

I want to say thanks for everyone support and kind words, there are always areas we can improve in and we are always making an effort to do that, I believe this was obvious at OBH2. Keep in mind that AO is a mean, mean animal to plan and execute an event on.

HOW ABOUT THAT RAFFLE? I believe that was probably the sickest raffle I have ever seen at any Milsim/Airsoft event...ever.

The AMS staff might be hard to get in touch of for the next week as we decompress and wrap up OBH2 details with our vendors and sponsors. I just wanted to say a big thank you to our staff and players for making OBH2 an incredible event,

Hopefully I will see you all at RY2.

Regards,

JP

AMS Staff

WOW!!!!!

What an intense experience for my first major event! You guys rocked it, I absolutely will be attending more AMS events from here on out!

How cool is it to have your primary go down 3 hours before the end of day 2, and then win a brand new KWA in the raffle?

Guys thanks for an awesome weekend, and the new primary!

Til next time.....

VUDU out

AMS Staff

WOW!!!!!

What an intense experience for my first major event! You guys rocked it, I absolutely will be attending more AMS events from here on out!

How cool is it to have your primary go down 3 hours before the end of day 2, and then win a brand new KWA in the raffle?

Guys thanks for an awesome weekend, and the new primary!

Til next time.....

VUDU out

BTW I have your 2-point sling, PM me your shipping info.

TheJP,

I'm not so sure you need to simplify the rules for destroying PoVs, so much as just make sure people know the rules.  As one of the drivers of the CoST technicals, I saw a lot of people not understand that laying hands on the windows of a non-armored vehicle disables them.  (I had a gun pointed in my face at very very close range more than once.)  I saw a lot of people not knowing/following the rules.  (IE: hicaps usage, not knowing how to disable PoVs, blind firing, etc), that it seems likely that you just need to make sure people have these things clear.  My personal recommendation would be printing as many quick-look rules on the back of the map you give out to people.

Regardless, I think the OP was a super blast, and greatly appreciate the hard work, and effort you guys put in.  I help with a local Event, and know just how near-impossible it can be to herd cats at these things, let alone one of this magnitude, so my accolades, and thanks go out to you for doing a phenomenal job overall!