AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

Glad to hear you're okay, I was the guy hollering for the all-stop when you showed up all busted up. I'm ecstatic to hear that you are better. And somebody shoulda just tossed you up on a 4-wheeler and let you get back to the fight :P

Also pretty glad I didn't listen to the guys telling me you were alright and started hollering for some AMS staff back up on the radio. 

I have to admit, I was kind of hoping you guys would send a sniper to take out the CoST radio guy (me)....  "CO, be advised P1 states...damn. HIT!"

UFS Roughnecks, Charlie Platoon Leader Blackbird [and his magnificent battle beard] out!

For some reason , I think that translated into the UFS Rednecks - Charlie Platoon.

I was called that several times... I took it as a compliment because it was always followed with a ... Thats was F*ing Epic! etc etc... I still want your cape BlackBird!

Finally to the CoST Command, while I have absolutely no hard feelings, next time you ask me to run recon behind enemy lines, keep the communication flowing.  I could have been way more helpful with a bit more direction on the field.

Sorry Zone. I was at the CP when you were calling in a few things. We responded but it didn't seem like you were hearing us. Next year if we have a repeater we'll have to have you on that channel as apparently you weren't receiving our transmissions. Everything you relayed to us we received however.

I had a great time and I really didn't see any D-bag moves until the second day when a player sat in a nest full of dead tangos and was firing on our forces. Yea I was pissed and I let him know it after I figured out what he was doing. The whole group walked off after that, I hope he realized his fault even if late and called himself out.

And then they get pissed off when you keep shooting and it's hitting dead players, amirite? lol. Just keep shooting. You'll either hit him or the dead will move. If I'm dead and there is a lot of 'live' players around me.. I lay down.

That's some shenanigans, Piro. We had our COC raided day one...

The reason your guys were specifically told they couldn't hit our CP was because we sacked your CP. I completely understand how much that sucks for you guys. Our sacking your CP was what brought the situation to AMS's attention and they then implemented rules against it.

That would be an AMS miscommunication, but it happens. Day 2 we were allowed to sack eachother's CP though and CoST sacked UFS CP again. So either way it would have been the same outcome.

But I do understand that UFS and CoST CPs were a little different given our communications setup versus UFS. From what I've gathered UFS's CP was pretty much useless due to the lack of an antenna. 

First things first, I had a ton of fun at the event.  Hit calling was generally really good and everyone deserves a pat on the back for that. 

-uniform requirements; These are very important since that is how everyone identifies everyone else.  This should be enforced much more than it was and took away a lot from the game I thought- ATACS and Multi-Cam should be allowed, but make them wear a solid colored hat or helmet.  If they are on the tan team, make them wear a khaki colored hat or headgear;  they were $10 at the Kastway tent, not something hard to fix and I hope the staff fixes the uniform issues.  Also, I don't care if someone on the green team has a tan or coyote vest, but enforce their shirt color.  It was annoying as crap to see a green team member with a tan shirt, coyote vest, and a hat that could pass for brown in the shadows of the trees or under direct sunlight, because it was a earth color that was slightly green.  I think the uniform requirements should be more strict so that it is very easy to tell which team a person is playing for.  It was not this way and I thought it took away from the game and needs to be fixed.  I think fixing it will promote more fun for all and less bull crap to deal with while trying to play. 

-DAM squad mission I give a 5 out of 5- we had an awesome time doing that.  The roleplayers were great, it was challenging, and overall it was probably the highlight of my weekend.  However, the night "DAM" mission was a "DAM" failure.  I wont be taking part in that again.  Basically we got dropped out in the dark so we could get ambushed.  I'm good with the other team being able to ambush us, but we were pointed in the wront direction to the base and the only way a person could really come in was into an ambush where lights were pointing out from their base.  Needless to say I shot blindly into open grass/ trees/ shadows of people backlight from the lights emitting from their base, and the sounds of airsoft guns going off until I got hit, then I hiked back across the field to the campground.  It was a total waste of time and I was very disappointed.  We were told there would be plenty of lighting on the teams base.  There was lighting, but all the lights pointed directly out from the base so it wasn't like there was a lighted area at all, unless a person wanted to stand out in the open and get shot to crap.  I will not be taking party of another "DAM" mission at night or a similarly run game unless some things change there.  If it was actually a scripted mission or something, then I would consider it. This night game was basically everyone splitting up into small groups, sneaking around and hoping you don't get blasted from short range or that you don't blast your team from short range.  Everyone has flashlights, but only a fool would really use one to see, there were far too many guns out there to light up a guy with light before engaging.  Everyone would basically shoot at the light, both teams. 

-Next the CDF.  I like the concept but found that typically the CDF was better armed than the military units.  ALso, it was VERY hard sometimes to tell who they were.  If this game is going to be based on uniform for telling who is who, then CDF needs a better uniform.  I would suggest blue jeans for all and a non, military color hat.  I would suggest a softer/darker blue like an Atlanta Braves hat or something like that.  It was very hard to tell at times who was who.  Also, the CDF had a TON of technicals- I didn't see this as being milsim at all as I could see them having vehicles, but not the most firepower out there.  Another thing- we talked to CDF several times and amongst themselves they would openly talk about how they would be tired of fighting for tan and were going to switch to green just because they felt like it- lame.  CDF in my opinion should be limited more on the ammo they carry as well if they get all the vehicles like that.  I would suggest 4 mid cap mags tops and 3 handgun mags tops. 

-safety breifing:  In my briefing, we were told to enforce a 20feet rule and safety kill.  We were also told people may be dicks and I get that, but this nees to be more clear.  One of my squad mates ran up to a bunker and safety killed 3 guys from less than 20 feet (easily less) just to have one of them say they didn't have to honor it.  The same guy shot my squad mate in the face from very close range, causing him to bleed from the left side of his cheek significantly and spit a bb out at the prick after telling him "Thanks @$$hole".  Wow, this should have been clear in the safetybriefing and wasn't.  They guy who shot said he didn't have to honor the kill and then shot from less than 20 feet.  Had he transistioned to a pistol like my squadmate did and then shot, then cool, but I was operating under the rule that you dont shoot at less than 20 feet with your long gun (yes I know someone may have a long gun at CQB FPS, etc).  Even the other 2 guys in the bunker with the prick thought what he did was bad, but it seamed no one was 100% clear on the engagement rules.  I thought I was after the briefing, but it is apparent others were told they could engage with their long gun under 20 feet. 

-Could we attack bases?  During the briefing we were told that we could attack bases and hold them for 10 min, but they were not capturable.  I heard that the tan base was attacked several times (later found out attacked by CDF on vehicles).  So, under the assumption that bases were attackable, on Saturday, my squad went on a major recon mission to Caen on ended up attacking their base at 15 min till 4pm (which we thought was the end of game time on SAT for the afternoon play).  We took out a bunch of green guys who didnt know what hit them and we took out a lot.  I shot at a group who didnt have dead rags on but told me they were out (and I watched them dead walk back to the base priorly).  Then, that same group had some decide to re-insert themselves after the attack started and they shot me.  Their whole squad did not re-insert as the rules stated.  A few decided to reinsert, then a couple more of that particular squad saw them and decided to re-insert, but not all.  I got shot by one of them and honored it anyways.  What was the rule on re-inserting from inside a base as it was getting attacked?  They re-inserted after the initial attack where they were standing out in the open and told me not to continue shooting them as they were out (no red rags on head visible).  So, then an Admin comes in and tells us that we are all out and we are unable to attack their base- inconsistent with the safety briefing rules and with our base getting attacked twice.  That Admin said we could not do that which led us to think mayble only CDF was allowed to attack bases.  This was a cluster and unclear to say the least.  And then the time either got extended to 5pm, or we were not told the correct time by our platoon leader which is a whole different issue on its own. 

-For the most party, I had a great time on everything else.  Minor complaints from me would be also to have the helicopter hang either a tan or green flag from it so people knew who it was associated with fromt he ground.  Maybe if the uniform rule was enforced more strictly it would have been easier to tell.  It was easy to tell at times, and harder on other times.  This is my 11th year at the Dday field, 18th playing paintball, and I am a detetive for a police force with about 800 officers, and I am the CO for my unit at Dday (paintball).  I hope you take my suggestions into consideration. 

And Lastly i'd like to give a big thanks to the players and first responders on AMS and in the field. I was the guy who messed his leg up and am very thankful for the help i received. (I had UFS and COST rushing over to help)I'm very appreciative and  It really again solidifies the reason why I love this community. And had it not been against some advice from AMS med staff and the doc, I would have walked...er hobbled back on to that field again :)

On behalf of the Eagles and myself thanks again for another awesome experience and we'll see you guys back on the field for OP:RY2  

-Legion

I was the CoST player who arrived on the blue quad and helped you to the car/found your buddy to put your gear in the back.

I had been asking all day if you were ok. I was more interested in helping you than asking what was going on when I arrived. Afterwards though I wanted to make sure you were ok given the amount of blood I saw. Hopefully you didn't leave anything behind during that situation.

It's a weird feeling being the XO and standing the middle of a ton of UFS troops who I can only imagine would hog tie me in other circumstances haha.

I respond to both, it's all good Jazz.

I'll hold onto some of them JP bucks for you. People were handing this stuff to me all weekend, Apparently I look trusting.

Oh, how little you guys know.

10) To CoST 1st Platoon. You guys are a shining example of what we hope to work with AMS to make. Hopefully soon every platoon will work with the cohesion that you guys did. Bagel did an absolutely AMAZING job running you guys and everyone did an absolutely AMAZING job being total bad asses for him. If you were in CoST 1st platoon you should feel pretty freaking sweet.

Happy to work with such fine operators!

First off thanks AMS staff (and mother nature) for another great op...we (I) had a blast!

Secondly, somebody please post a link to that Bad Ass S&W sniper rifle (one of 2 in the country) that they gave away.

Lastly, my BH2 AAR/observations...

• in the final days leading up to the op, i saw the post where the roster had been changed and was really taken back until I spoke with my PL who put my mind at ease...I don't know why it changed and assume it was becuase a lot of folks signed up at the last minute...my advice is don't re-rack and make exceptions to the roster and create undo stress for those of us who signed up in advance/early.
  • Communication - at the opening CoST briefing we were all told that communication would go through the chain of command and i assume it did for the most part but what i observed made be wonder if there weren't some ongoing communication issues.  During our assault on UFS CP the CO was maneuvering around on his 4-wheeler giving orders face-to-face to our platoon vs. radioing him.  At Pegasus Bridge and the last stand at the CoST CP there was a lot of yelling and screming by command vs communication from or PL/SL...just my perception, sorry if this offends anyone.

Thanks,

Torch

Also, unless you were with 1st Platoon the 'chain of command' was somewhat broken. 2nd and 3rd platoon leaders did the best they could be we had some problems with the squads leaders not maintaining their squads/reporting to their Platoon Leaders.

We think that given the short amount of time we had to find leadership and this being the first year command actually tried to enforce this type of structure (which we've been told by others was leaps and bounds better than previous ops) things went pretty well.

1st Platoon was a shining example of how we hope to make everything run.

But just a reminder to anyone playing: if you don't play with your team/leadership then you aren't an effective force for command to assign roles/sectors/missions to and we end up spending more time trying to rally you rather than deploy you.

Still, highly impressed with EVERYONE given the changes this year. Rebel Yell should be even better.

For some reason , I think that translated into the UFS Rednecks - Charlie Platoon.

I was called that several times... I took it as a compliment because it was always followed with a ... Thats was F*ing Epic! etc etc... I still want your cape BlackBird!

I want my cape too! but someone stole it!

Hey, I'm Jake 'Refuge' King.  I'm with the Gamblers out of St Louis, MO.  We rode down with a total of 8 People, and 2 PoVs.  (Big green APC, and smaller black technical).

Just wanted to drop my $.02 into this discussion.

First off, like everyone else I want to say thank you so very very much to the AMS organizers.  From the last minute allowance of our Squad's second PoV, all the way to the very end of the event.  You guys were stellar!  100% class acts!  This is my first AMS event (We were supposed to make it to ES, but when it got switched to ESR:19, we hand to pull out, because it doubled our trip costs.), and I have to say I am completely sold on AMS events from this point forward.  This is the most fun I have had at any event, local, regional, or national.  great job!

I will be pointing out the (fairly minor) flaws I saw here in a moment, but first I just wanted to say that, even though I played CoST, I met a lot of really really awesome people on the UFS team as well.  sitting off the field we ended up talking with a lot of the guys, and swapping stories, and I am glad to see so many awesome people playing this sport.  You guys (CoST and UFS players) who make this sport what it's supposed to be, and keep this amazing dream alive.  As an event organizer myself, I don't think AMS could have asked for a much better group of players to make it out to this.  Thank you so very much for making my weekend a blast beyond belief.  Even with my PoV blowing an engine on the way home, this was still one of the most amazing weekends of airsoft I've had in a long time.

now onto my gripes:

1) I know AMS staffers run hectic all day all the time, but the rule briefing on Saturday was a mess.  (No offense).  There was no mention of 'no hicaps', no mention of 'no reloading outside of FOB', no mention of PoVs, except 'don't be stupid', and 'speed limit is 50mph.... I mean 15mph.) ;)  Seriously, going over rules of how to disable a vehicle would save some trouble.  Also, We had conflicting reports on medics healing in vehicles.  Some Admins told us no.  Some admins told us yes.  

2) I think we need a way to designate PoVs as armor and non armor. Also going over the MEDs would have been a huge help.  people inside the back of our APC were bleeding from people not watching MEDs when assaulting the APC.  Also, multiple grenades in the back are absolutely unnecessary.  (in a two minute period, we had 4 grenades thrown in the back of the APC.  Everyone in the back were dead from the first grenade).  

3) Blind firing from vehicles.  This was something I saw a lot of.  This is very bad form. None of the players on my team once fired blind from a mounted weapon, and they have enough deaths to prove that.  We had no armor plating on our guns (This time), and still stood up to fire.  It gives people a fighting chance to disable your mounted weapons, instead of making you an invincible mobile gun emplacement.

4) This is one of two instances where I will call someone specific.  To the CDF guys.  You were all great people.  You all worked well together. You showed great sportmanship, and were honest players.  I have no gripes with any of you.  That being said, as much as I like your technical with the rotating turret (And how badass of a engineering feat that is).  I think your lexan turret armor is BS.  Seriously, you were on my team, but that is pretty cheap.  You make yourselves completely invulnerable, and you would never find those on real vehicles.  (Because real bullets would zip through them).  I really believe you make yourselves too powerful using that. (And again, you were on my team).  I hear rumors you were planning on coming back with all of them set up that way, and I would personally beg you not to.  I believe that that much overpower makes it unfair to the other people playing against you.  The opacity of a solid armor plate is the handicap that makes it fair to the other side.  (Yes, I'm aware that if we had a decent way to make those armor plates clear IRL, we would, but this is still a MilSim event, and those aren't very MilSim in my mind.  We had debated it for our vehicles, and decided against it, because it was so unfair against OPFOR).  It's your decision, but please keep the fairness in mind for other players.

5) To the UFS guys who rode in the back of our APC to the night game, and were bragging about firing inside the MED at my teammates inside the same APC you were riding in, and making one of them bleed.  Shame on you.  Seriously.  breaking Minimal Engagement Distances is bad enough, but in the heat of the moment, stupid things can happen.  Bragging about shooting someone that close and making them bleed and being proud of it is a seriously uncool move.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  That's unsportsmanly conduct.

That's pretty much the end of my personal gripes.  Nothing major.  

Overall, My experience in this even is so far in the green, these things barely register.  I spent a very very large sum of money to get a vehicle ready, and out to the event, and I can say it was worth every penny.  I can guarantee that (As long as finances allow), I will be to any AMS event that allows vehicles again.  

I had serious fun, and I hope some of my cohorts in crime make it on here to give their AARs as well.  I hope any of the guys in other squads who hopped on the  back of my truck, and grabbed use of the M60 had a blast.  It was there for that reason alone.  

Thanks again guys!  This was a absolute blast!

I have a list of amazing memories from this that I get to take home!

The chronicle of our communications from our TOC is long but I will attempt a short version.

8:00 Arrival at TOC Saturday morning: 

Antenna present

Generator present, with no, or very little, gas.

Extension cord present, with 4 prong connector and the generator had only 3 prong output (the big round one)

Radio: Missing

Antenna tower: Missing

Antenna tower ropes, rope stays, and stakes: present

Cable from antenna to radio: missing

9:00 game on and no delivery of any new items needed

10:00 extension cord for generator with 110v 3-pring shows up (sweet, we have power for.... uh....... nothing)

10:30 am - poles for the tower show up

10:45 swayze shows up and lets us use his VRC for about an hour (thanks!!!)

They also get the tower put up although the antenna isn't on it because we still have no lead to get the signal to the radio (and no radio)

11:15 swayze leaves but hey we got some more gas for the generator, woohoo!  more power for.... still nothing

11:45 all forces have moved far enough away that most coms from COC are unheard or unable to reply to so all command elements besides dutch have left the TOC for good. (including me)

Since I had a fast travel device I travelled back and forth every so often to see if the situation changed/improved

To my knowledge no other equipment ever arrived.  We were missing the radio itself, the cable from the antenna to the radio, and a power supply for the radio. 

In my opinion we did OK by just keeping our command elements up with the action instead of utilizing the TOC like it was supposed to.  The only way our big TAC map got updated was by people coming back to TOC to re-hydrate or get gear and vocally telling Dutch what we captured/held. 

The other gripe I had is that while we did have radios (7) provided to UFS by AMS Staff for command net use, only 1 was programmed, and it had strange settings in it that would only talk to the other 7 radios (or similarly programmed baofeng UV5r's) You could not talk to them from Icoms or puxings or kenwoods, without more serious reprogramming and a degree in radio frequency theory.  (more than I know how to do) I ended up taking the wierd settings off the UV5Rs supplied so that they were only using the CTCSS tone and the frequency with nothing else turned on. 

2 of these 7 radios I had to turn back in because they would not transmit from the microphone on the unit.  (dead air, bad radios?)

So in the end I programmed a buttload of radios friday night and saturday morning to get everyone working together.  Which is fine! But prior to this event we were told that all command-net radios would be provided and setup for us and I do not feel like a good solution was in place come game time. 

The moral of the story for me is not to rely on AMS for this function and UFS will make it a point in the future to have its own large TOC radio and possibly a repeater setup similar to the AMS admin repeater (or similar to the CoST repeater, if you guys don't mind sharing what equipment/setup you used).  

AMS, I am sorry this post may come off as negative to you but I promise it is not, I simply wanted to get it all down on paper as I remember it before I start forgetting stuff.  We do appreciate the efforts you made to try to get things going for us but it never seemed to pan out.  I think at one point you sent someone to a truck stop to go get some CB stuff??? I'd love to hear AMS side of the story of the entire saga...

I hope some can take this as constructive criticism, thanks for listening! 

[rant over!]

~Jazz UFS S6

Had tons of fun over the weekend as well.

as a DMR i can feel Zone's pain about being able to CLEARLY see a hit as it impacts the other player.

but hanlon's razor applies "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

we all miss the occasional glancing blow, i even had a few of my squadmates let me know i was tagged down by unicorn bridge.

to those guys on day1, tagging us from the north side of the ravine there, you guys have some awesome guns and good shots!

also to the guys holding out on pegasus bridge day2, you guys gave us tons of hell.

they tried to sneak right, we fished em out of the brush.

they tried to sneak left, we sniped them on the road. 

finally they got tired of flanking us and part of my squad snuck up the middle and picked off the few still in that building on the west.

then platoon 1 shows up and mows over the rest of them.

kinda glad they showed up, i was down to my last mag.

but tan still didnt quit, they kept sneaking people up behind us through the ravine, finally someone got me in the neck, OUCH!

In my safety briefing on Saturday morning.  They told us that there were no 'Safety Kills'.  That you could offer it up to them, but that they didn't have to take it.  (ie: giving the option is a courtesy, but if they want to try to kill you first, that was up to them.  However, it meant that you already had a bead on them, and were suddenly free to shoot them point blank if they didn't want to take it.)

I agree that the rules were inconsistent.  The rules on paper all look good, but in vocal briefings, it seems they fall apart some.

From what I was told, CDF switched to CoST, because CoST was 2.5 Platoons low in comparison to UFS.  (UFS sold out weeks before the event, and CoST never did.)  They were there to help even things out some.

5. CoST technical drivers: I hate every single one of you, and that's the highest compliment I can pay you. You guys were everywhere I didn't want you to be. you made this weekend freaking impossible. Man I need more rockets. But you guys were always cool whenever we managed to get the jump on you and put a grenade inside your vehicles. I Know I got at least three or four of you, and every time, you were honorable dudes about it. 

Aw.. This makes me feel special.  (I was driving the black toyota technical, and the rest of my squad was in the big green dodge APC. )

That was exactly what we set out to do.  Make CoST love us, and UFS hate us.  To be fair, you guys gave us some hella awesome fights, even inside the vehicles.  It was all we could do to keep the guns manned.  Be careful about bringing more rockets.  That just makes us think about what to do to negate you. ;)

In my safety briefing on Saturday morning.  They told us that there were no 'Safety Kills'.  That you could offer it up to them, but that they didn't have to take it.  (ie: giving the option is a courtesy, but if they want to try to kill you first, that was up to them.  However, it meant that you already had a bead on them, and were suddenly free to shoot them point blank if they didn't want to take it.)

I agree that the rules were inconsistent.  The rules on paper all look good, but in vocal briefings, it seems they fall apart some.

From what I was told, CDF switched to CoST, because CoST was 2.5 Platoons low in comparison to UFS.  (UFS sold out weeks before the event, and CoST never did.)  They were there to help even things out some.

But that many freaking invincible PoV's was a bit more than aprox. fifty dudes extra we had [according to field report from JP midgame] 

CDF faction was annoying to have flip flopping. I find I generally hate flip flopping in games. It was worse when they had more vehicles than anybody, and were flip flopping.

Snakejawz, that was me :( sorry about that, hope your neck's okay.

but your reaction was highly amusing.

Getting totally blasted by one of your guys i couldn't see wasn't. damn ya'll had that thing held down good.

I'll add my $0.02 in.

1) Uniform Requirements: I COMPLETELY agree with you. I made kind of a stink about wearing the right uniform on the forums. Players still showed up in the wrong uniform requirements. While I was CoST XO I am not AMS staff and cannot enforce rules like this as the only way to enforce it is to kick the player who decided not to follow the rule until he has corrected it.

But seriously. Everyone got a pretty distinctively colored t-shirt in their goody bag. There really isn't ANY excuse to not being wearing your team's color. I'm very glad you brought this up as I'm going to speak with AMS about enforcing these rules in the future.

Headgear is slightly different but I think it runs in the same area. During the end of the second day we engaged a target wearing a bright tan helmet. He then got upset that we were shooting him and started bitching about it. This is easily avoidable by wearing the correct colored helmet.

However, I don't particularly mind the tan helmet either. I think all units should be identified by their tops. If you're going to wear a tan helmet you need to understand that death isn't permanent in airsoft, thus people are going to shoot first ask second.

Hopefully AMS will take the suggestions and reinforce this kind of stuff.

I know of the person wearing the tan tshirt btw. I was pretty upset with that myself.

2) Didn't take place in the DAM game. However, from what I was told about the DAM night mission at End State it was awesome. So I wouldn't just cancel out night missions by one experience. I had a horrible DAM mission at Rebel Yell but really kicked myself in the ass that I didn't sign up for one at End State.

3) I agree. I feel like the CDF should just be CoST or UFS. Just too much added into stuff that already isn't 'solid'. Now, I don't particularly care about the armaments though. Despite agreeing with your logic, I know they're paying customer. I think they should be allowed to bring what they like according to rules like everyone else.

4) Safety briefing does need to be more definite. I've talked with AMS about this and they're aware of the situation. They're going to revamp it and get it setup so that there shouldn't be any questions on the rules. I'm suggesting that all rules be printed out and ALL leadership are required to have them on them at any time. Same for anyone who is designated as a driver.

5) The safety briefing we were told we could attack the bases but only hold them for 10 minutes. This was the ruling. After CoST hit the UFS command center this was changed by one of the AMS staff. When UFS tried the same thing they were 'corrected' by AMS. At some point it changed from hold for 10 minutes to you could only attack it on the second day after you had captured everything else.

There were a lot of rules regarding stuff like this that became very 'fuzzy' during play as AMS doesn't want the game to end after 2 hours, or that a whole side get's stale mated or something. I would rather have them reset the game is one team 'wins' rather than script it out personally. But, what is important here is that AMS knows their faults and really is going to try to fix them.

6) Again, like minds. I think all vehicles should have CLEARLY distinguished icons on the vehicles, helicopter included. I believe vehicles should either have flags or some sort of magnet/lamenated paper taped on both sides of the vehicle as well as the hood. I know this is 'milsim' but these people aren't soldiers. Some of the stuff needs to be done for the player so that they can better enjoy the game. Some of these people have problems knowing what platoon they are on. What makes you think they're going to know which vehicle is who's?

Finally, I'd like to state that JP has agreed with me and we'll be getting Piro CoST Command's flag for their push on our command post. If Admins hadn't stepped in there is no doubt in my mind they would have taken the CP. It isn't fair that one of our platoons got spoils of war for their achievements but yours did not.

I would personally prefer to see those types of teams be utilized as a force balancer, but not be allowed to change sides whenever.  That does make it difficult.  But then again I only fought alongside CDF once the entire weekend, which probably shows how spread thin CoST were.  Them having a lot of vehicles was a little overpowering, but they also had the money to pull it off.  (And they obviously spent a lot of time and money building and prepping them.)  8 vehicles x $75 is $600, just for entry of the vehicles.  Plus gas to get them down there (I saw a semi trailer there that pulled them.  Not cheap).  I have some gripes about their vehicle setups, but as a member of a team that has more than one vehicle to bring, it's not an easy thing to do.  We spent -month- of working till 3am to ready our vehicles for this event, and that was just with 2 vehicles.  On their side of things, I guarantee that their prep time was higher than most of the other 'regular' players.  (Not including people like PL leaders, CO, XO, Admin, etc).  They probably could have been better used to be split up, instead of being one massive force of vehicles.

I personally didn't have any troubles with people on CoST knowing we were on their team.  At least, as far as I know, there was no friendly fire on my vehicle.  I do think it would be a good idea to get each team together, so they can see the PoVs that are on their team, well before things start.  I also think that AMS probably needs to have a longer time for people to get through things like training on Saturday.  We were told on the forums that when we arrived very late friday night after briefing was closed, that we should still find an admin, and have them go over the rules then.  When we did arrive (me at 8pm, rest of my squad at 10, then midnight), that briefing was closed, and sorry, but go away, and wait till early morning.  This wasn't very well handled.  Also, since we had 2 PoVs, it was imperative that we get a good solid briefing.  

Yeah, Jazzman. Hack, the guy who got the player appreciation award or whatever, literally brought everything for CoST himself and programmed everyone's radio before and during the game.

I personally suggested Hack for that award as he spent the better part of a month before the game setting up everything for us and acquiring the equipment we needed. Then during the game he literally sat in the CP all day, both days, relaying information for us. He drove 3 hours to work.

I don't know anything about the UFS side, but Hack was BY FAR the most important and self sacrificing player we have on CoST by far.

Knowing him personally I'm immensely proud AMS listened to my suggestion and awarded him that. 

But that many freaking invincible PoV's was a bit more than aprox. fifty dudes extra we had [according to field report from JP midgame] 

CDF faction was annoying to have flip flopping. I find I generally hate flip flopping in games. It was worse when they had more vehicles than anybody, and were flip flopping.

Blackbird,

CDF didn't flip flop officially, unfortunately we had one or two squads that weren't at all of the mission briefings (in which, several times it was reinforced that there was to be no flip flopping) which I personally loath. Apparently there was a rumor started internally that there would be a switch at the second evolution (not true) and ran with that. There was a painful amount of time trying to stamp out the internal rumor, including my personal restraint of not slapping a random squad member that was going on about "we're shooting everyone!".

Refuge was correct that CDF was assigned to be CoST sympathetic due to registration numbers, and I do apologize for the confusion and the acts of random CDF players that weren't "plugged in".

I spent a bit of time standing next to the CoST CO reassuring him there was no switch and getting Intel on reports of friendly fire. And I'm am still gathering info on what exactly happened when CDF invited UFS into Coleville for a treaty lunch break, I pray to God there were no MED violations or confrontations.

Blackbird,

CDF didn't flip flop officially, unfortunately we had one or two squads that weren't at all of the mission briefings (in which, several times it was reinforced that there was to be no flip flopping) which I personally loath. Apparently there was a rumor started internally that there would be a switch at the second evolution (not true) and ran with that. There was a painful amount of time trying to stamp out the internal rumor, including my personal restraint of not slapping a random squad member that was going on about "we're shooting everyone!".

Refuge was correct that CDF was assigned to be CoST sympathetic due to registration numbers, and I do apologize for the confusion and the acts of random CDF players that weren't "plugged in".

I spent a bit of time standing next to the CoST CO reassuring him there was no switch and getting Intel on reports of friendly fire. And I'm am still gathering info on what exactly happened when CDF invited UFS into Coleville for a treaty lunch break, I pray to God there were no MED violations or confrontations.

Well, knowing that, i dont ency your job at all :P

but man, that flip flop action was annoying.