AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.

Thanks for clarifying mayo.  Again I hope my post did not degrade or belittle the effort time and ingenuity it took you greenies to find and ransack our TOC.  I fully understand that your men probably went through a wringer of terrain and other obstacles to get there and pull off an assault (only wish I had been there to see it!), twice.

I am glad to see you are a standup guy and not the hot head/posturing guy I initially thought you were when you posted that. 

Please do not worry about handing over your flag, whats done is done, the game is over and what happened out there stays in the history books.  No hard feelings and we will get it next year. ;-)

Nah. I wasn't even a part of those pushes so I wasn't trying to defend my own push. I just wanted to make sure everyone understands that doing something like that is a great feeling and I don't want their accomplishments being degraded you know?

Same with the UFS guys who hit our CP. I want their accomplishments to be praised and to have something to show for it. Given the number of players you don't always get to do something 'operator'.

Nah, I'm sure I have plenty of hot headed 'that guy' moments. But sometimes things need to be said. Other than that I feel I'm pretty laid back.

I will have to say I apologize to any CoST forces that I yelled at during the day. My local team is highly aggressive so I can get frustrated when the CO, XO, 1st PL, and 2nd PL all rush an objective and no one follows us.

Psh, please. Already in the process. Talking to Piro about where to send the flag to. They deserve the flag. Like hell I'm not going to get that taken care of.

What's that about taking our flag next year? I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of CoST affiliated forces capturing TOP. Stand by.

I was providing just one aspect/answer to the "how do you get more chicks to play" question.

I can keep up with the boys, being a chick has nothing to do with it. Anything you can do, I can do.

I wasn't getting screamed at personally, it was my squad who had just come back up from the CoC, filled our camelbacks at the airfield and had run to get over to where there was another engagement happening on the field. We were all capable and willing to do what we were doing. Taking 5 seconds to drink water is not a reason for some jackass who isn't even in your squad (or outrank you) to scream at everyone like he's king-shit. I understand the rules, the ranks, and all that. That wasn't the issue.

But whatever, was still fun. 

If this was at the airfield saturday, This is entirely likely that the guy screaming was me.

I was just following orders to hold the line, and get people out of the respawn. I'm very much similar to Top, when the games going, I get loud, I curse louder than a sailor, it's all part of the fun, all I can really say is "get thicker skin."  Everyone who came up to me and said "Hey, we need to eat, get water etc" i gave a pass to and tried not to holler at more than once. But if you were over there for any determinable length of time [which i was, i had no gun and was in the middle of trying to mobilize a counter offensive on what effectively amounted to most of the enemy team] you'd know we had a lot of guys who just wanted to sit and hang out in the respawn and wait for the enemy to push in, not get back out there and keep em from doing what they ended up getting very close to a few times.

Sorry if I pissed you off, it wasn't meant to be an "in your face thing". In fact, I don't think I directly hollered at any one person, so much as a lot of general motivational statements to anyone within earshot to start moving, but sometimes players who are otherwise capable just want to hang out, and need a bit of motivation to get past that mental wall. For every guy I yelled at to move, was another guy saying "hold on, let me reload" and I'd say to that guy "toss me some mags and ammo, I'll help you". I was throwing my personal water bottles around to guys who needed it, later on after that push, I was passing around food to keep guys up and going. I think we're allowed a couple of "let's get moving mother-effers" for our efforts.

You aren't the one I was referring to but I do remember you...

We were only ever over there to reload or wait for the whole squad to respawn due to the rules. But really, if we're going to play like milsim... then I can go ahead and ignore you since you weren't in my command structure... Nevermind even in the same branch... lol.

But really, developing a "thicker skin" is a sorry excuse/response. By that thought process, I just shouldn't bother to show up again, especially considering I put up with a ton of that crap to begin with.

I should add, this type of thing isn't my first rodeo.

I'm used to being on the field with black powder, canons, swords, no radios, and no vehicles to hop in and put of. I'm not some painted nailed, "how's my hair look" type of woman, lol

Well, I'm glad to hear it wasn't me that made you that angry. That's certainly not my intention, and doing that particular job is my least favorite part of leadership. I've been on your side of that coin, last year top and I almost got into it at one point because he gets that way, and I wasn't having it at that particular moment. Such is life, but I still consider top a friend.

However,  to some extent, you have to accept that this is milsim, and that is part of the simulation. Now, maybe I misunderstand how you word your post [i'd put money down this is exactly the case] and whoever this individual was clearly must have been way more of an A-hole than I was at that time. For guys like me and top, the answer is thicker skin, but since I don't recall this individual you speak of, I can't speak to a solution here whether it be with how you handle the issue on a personal level, or if this other individual needs a talking-to. I try to make sure when I have to do that particular part of the "leadership" job, not to get in anyone's face and curse a player up one side and down the other. I get that guys get tired, get hungry, n eed to reload, cuz more times than not, that's me in your shoes too. I also fully believe however, that your normal player needs to have a thick enough skin to absorb that in the heat of the moment, manners aren't the concern, and that those of us in these leadership positions pay all the same money you do, to essentially have a much more stressful experience. We [for the most part] enjoy it, but it has it's consequences as well, often unintended, anybody that was at that airfield was lucky it wasn't my other half doing the screaming and yelling and not me. 

Though, I'd be curious to see the reaction of some of the make members of the community to my Prior Army Sergeant girlfriend getting her "Top Radke" impression on.

I had to edit because I quoted the wrong post. But Sisu, and all others, please see below.

I am 99% sure the dick she is referring to is me. The situation was that we had been under fire at Pegasus for a solid half hour by CDF and we had just been informed our CO was abducted. Our XO was in the midst of arranging a retreat and rally at a checkpoint outside Caan when I got word from our S3 that our CO was being held 200 yards away, towards Colleville. At that time, I saw most of our force getting ready to hoof it to the rally point or on the back of a truck waiting to be carried there. I relayed the message the only way I know how to get the sense of urgency across. Yes, most of our men and women did move with a quickness and reacted well to the order to go secure their CO. However, some individuals were still mounted on the truck watching their comrades move toward what we assumed were hostiles. It is unfortunate that you happened to be near me as I yelled to them to move their fucking asses but I would never single anyone out and do that. All platoon leaders and other leaders were briefed that Top and I yell and cuss to motivate on the field and for them to pass it along that no one should take it personally. Some people respond very well to it. Hell, most enjoy it. This is NOT the military. It is MILSIM. We all know that we CANNOT force you to do something you don't want to do for your $125. We would never belittle anyone for taking care of their bodies while out there. As I said before, the yelling and cussing is NEVER(at least in my case) directed at any one person, more of a general statement. It is then left up to the player to decide if he or she has it left in them to respond accordingly. I apologize if this affected your experience negatively and I hope that it won't discourage you from continuing to take part in this sport. However, I cannot say that you will not hear me, or others, get loud and aggressive with the group when we feel it is necessary. Whether you believe it or not, it helps more than it hurts.

It wasn't you.

When we got separated from our squad we never waited or used transport except for getting out to the field, one of our guys that wanted a helo run and then to get our crap from the COC at the end. Other than that, we moved everywhere on foot.

In any case, it was just an observation (why more women don't play).

I am not personally offended that someone was screaming their head off. The only thing that annoys me is that everyone seems to be assuming that I was upset because of that...

Whatever guys, lol.

It wasn't you.

When we got separated from our squad we never waited or used transport except for getting out to the field, one of our guys that wanted a helo run and then to get our crap from the COC at the end. Other than that, we moved everywhere on foot.

In any case, it was just an observation (why more women don't play).

I am not personally offended that someone was screaming their head off. The only thing that annoys me is that everyone seems to be assuming that I was upset because of that...

Whatever guys, lol.

your post came off that way to me. it happens.

But most of the women who play that I know, fight harder than most of the guys.

I yelled so much that I lost my voice, so yeah, could have been me instead of Wisco or Blackbird, and if so my apologies.

I grew up on construction sites, so always assumed if somebody (including my dad) wasn't yelling and swearing at you to do something, then it really wasn't that important. I learned different in my first "white collar" job as a mainframe operator (yes, I'm that old), that when someone says "If you have the opportunity, will you please complete this task", they mean the same thing as "Get your @%% moving and &*$#^! do it!" Still when things get crazy, old habits return.

I yelled so much that I lost my voice, so yeah, could have been me instead of Wisco or Blackbird, and if so my apologies.

I grew up on construction sites, so always assumed if somebody (including my dad) wasn't yelling and swearing at you to do something, then it really wasn't that important. I learned different in my first "white collar" job as a mainframe operator (yes, I'm that old), that when someone says "If you have the opportunity, will you please complete this task", they mean the same thing as "Get your @%% moving and &*$#^! do it!" Still when things get crazy, old habits return.

Ya, I saw Dan the second day and was like "WTF... guess you must of been yelling like a MoFO all Saturday."

Ya, I saw Dan the second day and was like "WTF... guess you must of been yelling like a MoFO all Saturday."

Dan developed a little something I call "T.I.S." or "Top Impersonator Syndrome", so named after my experience at Op Helium 2, where-in I tried to impersonate Top... and lost my voice.

Dan developed a little something I call "T.I.S." or "Top Impersonator Syndrome", so named after my experience at Op Helium 2, where-in I tried to impersonate Top... and lost my voice.

You gotta bring it from the diapraghm, brother, not the throat, haha.

You gotta bring it from the diapraghm, brother, not the throat, haha.

you also have to learn that lesson the hard way :P