American MilSim
TheJP

What do I do when I arrive at OBH2??

Let me gloss over some helpful hints to make your guys arrival and check-in as smooth as possible.

Staff will be all over the site, look for staff in Red shirts and/or Black HSGI hats, they should look like they know what they are doing. Staff will be more than happy to assist you guys with any questions or issues.

When you arrive on the DDAP your first order of business should be to drive under the large D-DAY arch and pick your camping spot.

The RV and 110v Powered slots will be to the front right (West) of the arch. Once you have found you camping sport park your vehicle there and head to check-in.

Check-in will be the building directly NE of the D-DAP arch, across the street. There you will turn in or full out your release forms and or minor paper work, receiver your player pack and have your hand stamped (indicated that you have checked in). At this time if you wish to purchase a RV slot please indicate so and the DDAP/AMS staff will take payment and then unlock the camp slots electrical box.

Once you have completed check-in you are free to explore the AO, camp ground and DDAP main street  Chronos will be open throughout the day and safety briefings will be run every half hour.

YOU MUST ATTEND a safety briefing! On completion of the safety briefing you will be given an event bracelet that allows you on the AO during active play. Players found on the AO without this item will be asked to leave the AO.

All AEG and C02 Pistols must be chrono'd and have an AMS Chrono sticker to verify such. All admins will be spot checking stickers and taking chrono readings from players during play, we did this at End State but the feedback we have gotten was we did not do it nearly enough so be prepared.

There will be water on the AO at key locations as well as at each Factions COCs. The COCs will have power so if you want to bring battery/radio chargers, etc and leave them at your COC feel free.

All players will need to carry at least 2L of water on their person when entering the AO, seriously. The heat and humidity will quickly rob you of liquids and this AO is just large enough to make heat and dehydration a real issue, no one wants the ice water enema.

The DDAP AO is raw land with peaks, valleys, lose, wet rock and all around uneven terrain  Please TAKE EXTREME caution when moving about the AO, it is not at all uncommon to slip fall and require stitches. Good boots, gloves and attention where you step will pay off.

We will have two mobile EMTs, the emergency channel is FRS Channel 1 (462.5625) this is NOT AN ADMIN CHANNEL, this is used for medical emergencies ONLY!

HPA fills will be available on the North end of DDAP main Street.

D-Day Cafe will be open to serve food and refreshments (their hours of operation are sometimes hit and miss).

The Kastway Store will be Open, check his post has the times of hours.

Guys travel safe and I will see you this weekend!

Regards,

JP

JP quote - "When you arrive on the DDAP your first order of business should be to drive under the large           D-DAY arch and pick your camping spot."

I thought that I heard on one of the video's that the camping was going to be broken up between the two sides. It that still the case or do we just camp anywhere in the area?

JP quote - "When you arrive on the DDAP your first order of business should be to drive under the large           D-DAY arch and pick your camping spot."

I thought that I heard on one of the video's that the camping was going to be broken up between the two sides. It that still the case or do we just camp anywhere in the area?

Because some of how the camping is laid out, if we where to "split" it up, one faction would A ) Have closer camping sites to the AO and B ) the better camping sites.

I honestly like mixed camping better as people get to meet one another easier.

So feel free to camp anywhere.

Hoping all the rv spots dont fill up to fast, really looking forward to a dry bed and ac

I would not sweat it, there should be plenty of RV slots, it's 110v camping sites that seem to sell out.

So can we be at the coc charging stuff after game play has stopped cause I'm bringing 4 batteries hopefully that will be good but just in case I'm bringing the charger. So if I wanted to charge them at night can I?

Detail schedule states safety  training ends at 5 pm Friday. Logistics are putting us in possibly after that any chance of later opportunities or early AM  Saturday?

I am in this same boat. I have a half day at work and brothers are taking exams until 11:00am. I won't leave St. Louis until 12:00p so will there be a briefing Saturday early or can we please have those safety trainings extended? I don't think we will be down there until 5:00-5:30ish... :'(