American MilSim
Kurtz

POV Questions

1. Will we be allowed to drive the entire AO Friday to get a feel for the field?

2. Will we be allowed to transport backup weapon systems in our vehicle during the evolutions?

3. Is there a system in place to distinguish an operational vehicle from a disabled one?

4. Are we allowed complete control of our own POV, to navigate the park under orders and at our leisure?

This will be our first event with POV's. We are very excited, but not quite sure what to expect.

1. Will we be allowed to drive the entire AO Friday to get a feel for the field?

2. Will we be allowed to transport backup weapon systems in our vehicle during the evolutions?

3. Is there a system in place to distinguish an operational vehicle from a disabled one?

4. Are we allowed complete control of our own POV, to navigate the park under orders and at our leisure?

This will be our first event with POV's. We are very excited, but not quite sure what to expect.

Kurtz,

You might have misunderstood the use of POV.

Players who have "purpose-built" PoV's can purchase the pass in order to deploy them as a mechanized element and use them in active play (i.e. they get shot at). The PoV passes are not for just letting a player drive their vehicle to drop off gear or take them from the AO to the staging area.

I completely understand. We are bringing a 1999 GMC suburban. It will be shot at I'm sure. Will my vehicle be deployed as I see fit or where command tells me to go? Do vehicles have "deadrags"? Can we pack a crate full of backup guns and store it in the vehicle during operations?

I completely understand. We are bringing a 1999 GMC suburban. It will be shot at I'm sure. Will my vehicle be deployed as I see fit or where command tells me to go? Do vehicles have "deadrags"? Can we pack a crate full of backup guns and store it in the vehicle during operations?

Kurtz, please understand the entire staff is extremely busying with the event being only a week out... there are many posts, many emails, many PM, etc.. that we all have to handle we are not ignoring you!

You PoV will be an "asset" of your faction, I am sure your CO/XO will want to use it to it's fullest benefit which means telling you where to take it and possible who to take where. 

If it's on the AO it will be shot at and hit with lots and lots of BBs, if you go off any of the main roads it will get scratched by low hanging and over reaching branches.

As for being "hit" what most PoVs do is either tie a dead rag around the Antenna once the vehicle has been "killed" or have a purpose built "red flag", basically you just need any way to mark the vehicle as out of play.

Our admin will go over PoV safety rules during the safety briefings which all players must attend and if you have any questions they can better explain them at that time.

Must important thing to know are:

Keep it under 15 MPH

Windows Must be rolled completely down if you choose to fire from the PoV. You can't crack the winodws and shoot having the glass "shield the shooter".

Thanks JP. I wasn't necessarily calling out AMS staff, just wondering if anyone who previously attended might have some intelligence to share. I received a very thorough PM explaining a lot from a no doubt longtime veteran that basically mirrored your post. As always I appreciate your quick and kind responses to my questions. Looking forward to serving the UFS proudly and participating in a great AMS event!

Thanks JP. I wasn't necessarily calling out AMS staff, just wondering if anyone who previously attended might have some intelligence to share. I received a very thorough PM explaining a lot from a no doubt longtime veteran that basically mirrored your post. As always I appreciate your quick and kind responses to my questions. Looking forward to serving the UFS proudly and participating in a great AMS event!

Not a problem Kurtz, guys travel safely!