Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

Full color flags (Just my two cents.)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Runt511

Runt511

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Stop doing it, 1.) Its unauthorized in theater (you're imitating units in a combat role.) 2.) only time it is authorized is in garrison or if you are flight crew. 3.) it's an eyesore and looks horrible on things such as ATAC's, multicam, etc. 

Edit: my justification for this post is. I have seen a lot of players criticize how other players have their pouches set up and the sort. But, they turn around and take the full color patch SKD sends with its banshee and sticks it right on the front...just one of those things that grinds my gears

Bagel

Bagel

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMissouri

While I fully understand where you are coming from, the full color reversed US flag has been worn in combat since WWII. I can't speak for the Air Force, but here in the Army it has off and on been the only flag authorized for wear in both Iraq and Afghanistan, although a lot of units wore subdued ones anyway. Let's face it, most airsofters are imitating CAG/DEVGRU/MARSOC operators, who wear everything under the sun.

"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

FOE09

FOE09

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I totally forgot that we were all trying to look like infantryman...

I can show you several dozen photos (all post 06, and most within the past 2 years) of SF, SEAL's, and CAG/ACE guys running full-color jumbos, and IR flags.

I don't understand why you made a new-topic, to personally call people out on something that belongs in the realm of personal preference. 

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Why are you worried about what other people wear?  I personally think wearing a rhino mount on the helmet without anything attached is retarded (snag hazard, lack of backup in case it breaks from slips/trips/falls, most people don't even have NODs so why? etc) but if they think it's cool then I aint the uniform police.

Just accept that airsoft is a pretty far stretch from the military and it'll make eye sores a lot easier to let go.  :)

Yogi

Yogi

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWichita, Ks
Dude wearing the patch does not dishonor the men and women who fight for us. It's really the opposite wearing the patches is show honor. The only patch you can not wear at all is the USA Army Name Tape Patch. The AMS staff does not want us to wear patch's that we didn't earn and I won't fight them on that. But the flag patch's are the United States Flag and every american as a right to wear them either reversed on not.

I proudly wear my Flag patch as do we all

Yogi

Yogi = Senior +18
AMS=Promoter
MilSim Addict
MilSim for Life
Just a lonely Merc
I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Operation: Balldrop I,II,III, Beauty Queen, Oklahoma Invasion III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII Uprising, Black Gold, Fire Blossom III, Winter Garden I,II,III, Foreshadow, D-Day, Black Op I,II, PAD I,II, Battle for Liberty I, Broken Home I,II, End State
Facebook Airsoft

AMS-Banner_zps2c04a8ea.jpg

MAYO

MAYO

Dave's Little Trooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

I bet you're really going to hate the pink and purple striped flag with little dildos in the place of the stars patch I'm bringing out to Broken Home II.

"This is mil-sim. Unlike casual airsofters, we create the experience for the others, not for ourselves." –Shiftyshooter

https://www.facebook.com/mayo.milsim

Runt511

Runt511

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Yogi- Never said it dishonored anything. 

Foe09- This was actually in reference to some one who has posted a Pararescue loadout on youtube. 

Mayo- If you have this....you are a legend in my book

Again, I didnt single any one out (if I wanted to I would, in person or online...Trust me.) It was a random rant about something I had witnessed. I didnt know the amount of rustled jimmies on this page would be too damn high tumblr_mbjce0lt7T1qamt4s.jpg

Random DMZ

Random DMZ

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado
Dood the mako guys run around wrapped in a flag. This guys gasket is going to blow.
I live in a world where firefights happen within inches, pistols are as important as rifles, and everyone is equal. I proudly own DMZ AIRSOFT Colorado's ONLY CQB FIELD !!!

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Not sure what the big deal is.  I think pride in one's nation is important regardless of where you are from.  I don't think it's up to anyone to criticize the way in which another player decides to wear their gear.  Every person should setup and arrange their gear in whatever capacity they feel is necessary.  If some guys wants a tactical toilet paper wheel on his vest...good for you, never know when nature's gonna call.

I agree that people shouldn't wear patches of units they were not part of or earned.  Patches in memory are okay with me...just grinds my behind when I see people wearing actual division patches or SF patches.  People have worked really hard to earn those, leave them to the pros.  

But the American flag....go for it..wear a 10x13 on your back if you love you some apple pie.

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

Bane

Bane

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBroomfield, CO

Emmm...apple pie.

Team: Blacksheep
E-6, U.S. Army, 74D3P "Death from Above"
OP: Sudden Strike III, IV
OP: Oklahoma Invasion V, VI

OP: ESR19

OP: Broken Home II, III

Runt511

Runt511

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

DAT AMERICAN FLAG SUPER HERO CAPE

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

Yea, it is our flag, it belongs to our country. It is just not a military thing alot of PD's, FD's and even EMS agencies allow there peep's to wear them as well. No big deal!

I do not even care if the player wear's an SSI of a unit the are re-enacting as long as you have it in proper place and it is on the left sleeve. Just do not put it on the right sleeve!!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Runt511

Runt511

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Yeah, I have noticed tons of backward flags on helmets

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Yeah, I have noticed tons of backward flags on helmets

Maybe just take some time to encourage folks on what proper use of the reverse flag...don't be a jerk about it but since you're military, I think most folks would take you seriously.  I am sure alot of folks may not know.

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

roughneck88

roughneck88

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorth Olmstead, Ohio

Yep, That is what 670-1 is for. But I will help out anyone that ask's, just ask. But honestly the mission dictate's what patch's they wear and can not wear, just my two cent's!

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Doc Dodge

Doc Dodge

AMS Staff Medic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationStill on duty

If you wear to flag correctly, it should not be an issue.

91B20/19D20 1974-1988

"Silverbacks don't run. We swagger, stagger, mosey, huff, puff, stroll, roll, troll, trot, sneak, seek, hide, glide, slide, ride, stride, and take lots of well-deserved breaks, but we DO NOT RUN."

--Doc Dodge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users