American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Random DMZ

Whats more high speed? Blurred face or black blocked face?

Ok guy the question the world is dieing to know, What is more high speed low drag? pictures with the faces blurred out, or the pictures with the face blocked out black square style? We need to hear from you to deciede this once and for all. Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you guys.

Ok guy the question the world is dieing to know, What is more high speed low drag? pictures with the faces blurred out, or the pictures with the face blocked out black square style? We need to hear from you to deciede this once and for all. Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you guys.

I'd say the blurred because it has more free moving pixels that'd be able to move more freely with the wind. While the black box is one solid block that would add to the drag to it. Thus, making the person slower in the end. Though if we're talking about the black bar that just covers the eyes then that'd be the best high speed low drag as it doesn't really extend past the face and basically act like a weird type of sunglasses.

Please tell me this is a joke....I would hate to think that the milsim community had drifted so far that we would rather discuss how to PERSEC a hero's photo than how to do him or her justice on the field. 

I think he was talking about sterilizing airsofter photos... You know, because the XXX or XX## agencies care about Johnny Milsim and his G&G Raider  :rolleyes:

If y'all think I'm out of my lane, let me know....

The big issue with this sort of thing for me is how this makes all of us look.  

This can become yet another stepping stone towards those on the outside looking in at our little fish tank as sort of painting all of us with the poser/wanker brush that only a few of us in the community (whom we self police out) really deserve.  

MUCH worse still is the idea that we would want/need to do that to keep agency X from seeing what we are up to.  That's bad on a WHOLE lot of levels.  The dickwads who attacked Fort Dix a few years back for instance "trained" with paintball.  I certainly don't want anyone who means our country ill to think that they can skate around unnoticed in there little bullshit training by playing "high speed operator" and blanking out their faces.  

Either way, I just don't care for the baggage that comes with this.  If I am out of my lane than of course you are willing to say so but don't expect me to change my mind or apologize.  :) 

Funny... people took this seriously. Its a joke to make people lighten up. It doesn't matter if your "high speed" or not. And funny part (witch we learned here) is there is no guide line in what high speed is, so who cares! Don't bash others, don't be above others, but mostly take a step back and have fun. To archive this people need to relax, and don't try and have fun playing airsoft.

as far as PERSEC i couldnt give a crap im proud of what ive done and dont really care who sees it most of my mission in IRAQ have been declassified any way and can look up anything that someone has done in the Marine corps at least via usmc.mil under the units tab i was taking it as a joke my self.. i hope their not serious lol

I think that the best solution to your milsim Operator look qualms is very simple... You don't put yourself in the picture at all. The Ultimate HSLD is putting your gear on a dummy and taking pictures that way, because then you aren't even there to add drag. That way there's no black square blocking your view and the blur isn't slowing you down. Everyone knows that airsoft is all about the looks anyways. That's why I go into the field without even having a gearbox in my weapon, much less BB's in my Magazines. I find that to be operator you have to be right near the camera person to document how F*cking cool you are no matter your gameplay skills. That's why you need to do the right thing and not even have your face in the picture. Just a word of advice from a Airforce Delta SEAL/Sniper/EOD Medic General who served in every war since the Civil war (In which I used my Barrett M82 to assassinate General Lee). I've tried and proven that the face blur is ineffective, especially back in WW1 where it made me look like a ghost wearing a Banshee. Full blackout was cool until nobody could see how cool I was when I knife killed Hitler. But since Vietnam the "Stunt Double Dummy" has been so operator that the NVA gave up the fight.

.  The dickwads who attacked Fort Dix a few years back for instance "trained" with paintball.  I certainly don't want anyone who means our country ill to think that they can skate around unnoticed in there little bullshit training by playing "high speed operator" and blanking out their faces.  

Lol, I was there for Predeployment training when that happened....silly shit