American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
SABRE 08

Post Your Chest Rig Thread!

Hey guys,

With any respectable airsoft and MILSIM community, you obviously need to have a few threads to showing your stuff off.

Since this is a MILSIM-oriented site, I would hope I am correct in my assumptions here.

1. Use these kinds of threads as a building block to learn. Some people have the high end gear, others have replica gear. That's not the issue. What we need to learn is why someone bought something, why they use it and the rationale behind the rig.

2. Post a full kit list. All of us want to know what we're using and why. A description would be appreciated of the specific things on your rig!

3. This is for Chest Rigs, where you run no armor, but everything remains on the chest area. This can be simple Chi-Com rigs to all decked out MOLLE rigs from various American manufacturers.

So, without further ado:

P1010194.jpg

Mayflower gen IV UW Chest Rig in CB.

I got this as a training and class rig, not necessarily for use at games (though smaller skirmish days in summer are definitely a thing for this). Mayflower continually impresses with their build quality, design and appearance. This was a lightweight rig that held 4 mags, GP, several pistol/flashlight slots and radio and medic capabilities. Great for contractor roles at games or going as insurgency while staying somewhat 'high speed'

I v'e gone through a few rigs along my way. For the most part, I v'e used 2 modified one piece Tactical Tailor MAV's I added side buckles to so I can quickly change loadouts.

DSCN1547.jpg

TT Basic 3L hydro carrier

TT X harness

2 Random 3x1 open top pouches

Condor MC mag pouches in AK and Open top variety.

GP pouch I bought used.

Custom made MC radio pouch

Mods made by myself and by a buddy.

Fast and light. I v'e made it through Zussman with this. :)

OKIrig.jpg

TAG chest rig with six internal open top magazine pouches and a hydration carrier. From left to right pouches are:

Blackhawk radio pouch

Blackhawk pistol magazine pouch (for BB loader)

Pantac small admin pouch (w/ politically incorrect "Infidel" patch)

Triple open top magazine pouch (Condor, maybe)

Tactical Tailor triple magazine pouch (used to hold aluminum BB bottle - Find at Walgreens - They ROCK!).

I carry MAG metal midcaps loaded with about 110-120 BBs. Do I typically need all nine? No, six or seven is usually plenty, but on a really good day I can get through them.

i use the same IBA (woodland) that i was issued for baghdad, i have a back issue due to a bad drop at fryer DZ and nothing lets me carry the gear and has the back support like that vest. i also like the neck protector, i am not a fan of neck shots. and the last part, i can be out of it in under 3 seconds!!!!

I'm not one who can put together a rig from a MOLLE vest and pouches and make it look right and make sense. I prefer the premade stuff. I really like this one. 6 M4 mags up front, Icom F4TR on the right, and tool/med pouch on the left. Admin pouch MOLLE'd to the chest came separately (yes, that's a Flip peeking up from behind).

vest.jpg

Guest Specs

-Removed-

Edited by Specs

Wow no one has been on this topic in quite a while. But imma gonna post anyways.

Here are my rigs

post-2868-0-34718700-1458642816_thumb.jpegpost-2868-0-42943900-1458642847_thumb.jpeg

Guest Specs

Wow no one has been on this topic in quite a while. But imma gonna post anyways.

Here are my rigs

Diggin' that Wassatch! Pantac?

Guest Specs

Here's my recently acquired and set up 1961g by Flyye! (Can't afford the LBT goodness, but quality is excellent regardless.) Set up for AK700. Will be threading my hyrdo tube through the elastic retention on the shoulder strap, but need to remove my valve to fit it. 

1001015_843467262465893_5723151799927698

524782_843467272465892_32043486324889855