American MilSim
SABRE 08

Post Your Plate Carrier Thread!

This is for a M4 as of now, But I plan on getting blue force gear double MP7 mag pouches and inserts for the MP7. I run a blackhawk battlebelt to that holds my serpa, pistol mags, and my dump pouch.

My finished FCPC kit.
The FCPC base with the kangaroo style front panel. I got the 4in elastic cummerbund, and the standard shoulder pads.

On the front of the plate carrier I have a triple M4 mag insert by Condor and a American flag patch.

On the back panel I have the MAP pack, which I have rolled up to fit with the profile of the plate carrier, A blow torch, and an IR flag. In the map pack I have the Camel Bak 1.5L bladder.

I chose the Magpul MS2 sling because I liked the two to one point system. I routed it through the shoulder pad, which I think distributes the weight of the gun.

The base helmet that I have is the Emerson FAST helmet. To it I have routed paracord through the helmet vent holes. I have my Tim vs Bob 4.5 patch and my #3 squad position patch. I have a red V lite on the top. And also the MPLS 3 attached to the ARC rails.

Here's The pictures

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/Bota2000/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Would like to build up a second PC for the summer time with a Ferro Concepts PC base. I've ordered some kit from them and really like their customer service and their products.

Setup:

• Crye CPC, Coyote Brown
  • 4 x ITW Fast Mag
  • 1 x HSGI TACO, Ranger Green
  • 1 x HSGI Pistol TACO, Multicam
  • 1 x HSGI Blowout Medical Pouch, Multicam
  • 1 x Koala 4 Phone Pouch, Multicam
  • 1 x ArmorBak, Coyote Brown *

* Pesky drinking tube got you down? I ripped off my idea to tie it to the MOLLE on the top row from Frosty! 550 Cord solves almost everything. Like tactical duct tape without the residue.

cpc-010514-1.jpg

cpc-010514-2.jpg

cpc-010514-3.jpg

cpc-010514-4.jpg

cpc-010514-5.jpg

Lovin that fox patch! Is that your team emblem?

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Uncle Sam had other plans for me for my summer/winter. Now that I have access to a computer and am back home, yes that is the team patch. Second gen of the team patch, actually. First gen wasn't made out of PVC, and was more angular. 

vOqjhEB.jpg

Guest Specs

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Uncle Sam had other plans for me for my summer/winter. Now that I have access to a computer and am back home, yes that is the team patch. Second gen of the team patch, actually. First gen wasn't made out of PVC, and was more angular. 

Agreed, that patch turned out great. Where'd you have it made if you don't mind my asking? Looks printed, rather than embroidered. Looking for a place to have my teams patches made as well, and as PVC is expensive as all get-out, embroidery or printing might be our only options.

Guest Specs

Would like to build up a second PC for the summer time with a Ferro Concepts PC base. I've ordered some kit from them and really like their customer service and their products.

Setup:

• Crye CPC, Coyote Brown
  • 4 x ITW Fast Mag
  • 1 x HSGI TACO, Ranger Green
  • 1 x HSGI Pistol TACO, Multicam
  • 1 x HSGI Blowout Medical Pouch, Multicam
  • 1 x Koala 4 Phone Pouch, Multicam
  • 1 x ArmorBak, Coyote Brown *

* Pesky drinking tube got you down? I ripped off my idea to tie it to the MOLLE on the top row from Frosty! 550 Cord solves almost everything. Like tactical duct tape without the residue.

Love what you did with your hydro tube there. Did you invert mount your hydro on the back? Interested in why you didn't run it over the shoulder. I currently run a small hydro on the back of my belt, so running a tube through my lower side seems like a much better option than up and over my shoulder.

Love what you did with your hydro tube there. Did you invert mount your hydro on the back? Interested in why you didn't run it over the shoulder. I currently run a small hydro on the back of my belt, so running a tube through my lower side seems like a much better option than up and over my shoulder.

No, the bladder is in their the way is should be, it's more of an illusion because the length of the tube provided with the ArmorBak is ridiculously long. In fact, there is still some tube stuffed away inside the ArmorBak to get it to the length I need.

I'm not keen on having things strapped over my shoulder, be it cords or hydration tubes. I've done it in the past and just never liked it. I think it looks cleaner to have it corded to my side.

Guest Specs

No, the bladder is in their the way is should be, it's more of an illusion because the length of the tube provided with the ArmorBak is ridiculously long. In fact, there is still some tube stuffed away inside the ArmorBak to get it to the length I need.

I'm not keen on having things strapped over my shoulder, be it cords or hydration tubes. I've done it in the past and just never liked it. I think it looks cleaner to have it corded to my side.

I'm the same, as I run my tube on my belt. I've considered running it up the side to the front of the rig, but as my hydration carrier is belt mounted, I'm not sure I like the idea of adding that connection between the belt and rig. All that on and off awkwardness. 

Also, I totally get that loooooong tube bit. I have to stuff at least half of mine in my hydro carrier.  :huh:

Guest Specs

Why not just cut the tube?  Obviously you don't need 5 feet of it (I bought an Armorbak too... ridiculous) to go from your back to your mouth.

Hm, suppose that's true. But then I'd have to cut the tub cover as well and treat the ends of it and re-instal the stupid mouth piece. Not to mention pulling it out. It's in there pretty tight.

Why not just cut the tube?  Obviously you don't need 5 feet of it (I bought an Armorbak too... ridiculous) to go from your back to your mouth.

What if I need 5 feet in the future? Then I have a tube too short... I just don't like making modifications I can't undo.

It says that the pictures are not available, why can't I see most of the pics? 

Pics are not native to the server that AMS.com is hosted on - they're links to external sites/addresses.  If those links are invalid (i.e. no longer available, no longer in service etc..) there's nothing for the tag to display.