American MilSim
Hurricane

If Someone Used An Airsoft BMG On A Vehicle...

This year I'm sure there are going to be all sorts of vehicle's at OP BHII and like JP said it would be a Admin/RSO nightmare. With the size of the field and number of players we could not be available to police this type of weapon, plus if you have a M2 it would have to shoot a BB larger than an 8mm BB so that the vehicle could discern it from normal BB's hitting it, so now you have an FPS issue a safety issue for the BB bouncing off the vehicle from the M2 etc. so yeah a long winded answer for something that would be cool to see in the field but not effective at this time.

This year I'm sure there are going to be all sorts of vehicle's at OP BHII and like JP said it would be a Admin/RSO nightmare. With the size of the field and number of players we could not be available to police this type of weapon, plus if you have a M2 it would have to shoot a BB larger than an 8mm BB so that the vehicle could discern it from normal BB's hitting it, so now you have an FPS issue a safety issue for the BB bouncing off the vehicle from the M2 etc. so yeah a long winded answer for something that would be cool to see in the field but not effective at this time.

Just sayin, I thought there was another way of ideas so that we don't have another mini-hysteria like what happened at OP: ESR19, is there any way of trying to implement "50 cals" as a way to disable vehicles in the future?

Just sayin, I thought there was another way of ideas so that we don't have another mini-hysteria like what happened at OP: ESR19, is there any way of trying to implement "50 cals" as a way to disable vehicles in the future?

Yeah if we could make this a viable option I'm sure that the AMS staff would be game for it, but like I said would be a logistical nightmare to police this type of weapon...

Stock class paintball guns firing paintballs?

This would be a good idea but I'm sure that the personal POV's that will be used this may not like to have paint splattered on them. Props for the thought, Im sure as we progress we will be able to find ways to implement weapons like this with rules of use. Anything is posibble, look to the future and see what transpires.

Just allow one paintball gun per squad.

That gunner must carry an AEG for the game.

Use paintballs on vehicles only.

Red for one side, green for the other.

You splat the vehicle or driver, the vehicle and crew are down x 10 minutes.

Easy-peasy. :D

Would foam balls (the same material as foam rockets) fired from an M203 take out a vehicle?

E. 40mm foam slugs have a lethal kill radius of 15 feet from initial impact

In the rules it is not specific on the effect of the 40mm projectile on vehicles.

I can see it now every fragging 14 yeaar old would be tottin around a stupid ass snow wolf 50bmg AEG FLIPPING out while shooting a TANK with his 6mm AEG.

At least I would use a 8mm shell ejection rifle. But still, NO WAY TO TELL.

So, MILES has worked pretty well for the military for the last 30 years. JP had mentioned they tried a similar system last year with the high profile vehicles, but I guess it didn't function properly and was scrapped.

Honestly, I think there are bigger fish to fry than whether my King Hotpants .50 cal DEATHMACHINE can take out vehicles or not.  Not a bad question, though.

Doc that would be effective from an admin standpoint. But, Doc, are you really advocating an airsofter carrying a paintball gun? I shudder at the thought! Lol

Just the AT gunner. AND only to stop 'armored' vehicles. Unarmored vehicles (where the drivers have their windows down and call their hits) would be vulnerable to AEG fire.

As another vehicle owner I have to agree with aswayze. Let's keep paintball out of our milsims.

Now, I missed esr19 so what happened there that the normal rules didn't work with?

Also worth mentioning, if you do start using paintball guns players in vehicles will likely need to wear a full paintball mask. Now that adds a risk factor that I bet most don't want to deal with. 

On the paintball and vehicle issue. I say no to any form of paintball. There are solutions to issues already on the table and they will be resolved eventually. 

Besides, many of you fight better out of a vehicle, a rolling death trap is not my idea of a good combat role. Although it does work as an easier and quicker method to return to the spawn point.

And there was very very very little AT rockets in use (if any), and it resulted in players throwing car parts thinking that would deter the drivers.  Very funny to watch.   Guys keep in mind that there is already a system for disabling vehicles.  It just seams that not many people want to carry rocket launchers.   I am all for the idea of making special rules for crew served weapons, as I a firm believer in the whole "if you are willing to carry in the field artillery, crew served weapons (with tripod) or other large weapon system then you should have an advantage"

My hope is that with all the vehicles being used this year that both side remembered to bring something to take them out.  I know we are!!!