AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Scott

Need some advice about a holster.....

I've got a KWA M93R I have been wanting to start using. I haven't been able to find a serpa holster for it. I have tried a UTG and Condor holster for other side arms but the problem I run into it the mag release button getting pushed in while I am running around. Anyone have any luck with a good holster that will hold the gun steady and not push in the mag release?? I have seen where people have taped there mags in and things like that but I run extended mags with this thing so that is kind of out. Thanks for the help.

I have personally been using G-Code holsters for the past 12 months, (after losing a couple mags to cheap soft holsters), and it is worth the extra money.  The main problem I see is they don't already offer a holster for the M93R.  Edge Works (G-Code) might be able to work with you (they did make a custom holster for my TM MK23), but you would have to ship them your weapon.

Of course, if you can find a place locally that does custom Kydex work, they might be just as good.

post-937-0-29967200-1363022240_thumb.jpg

Well I have looked at g codes and have a ?....I've found where they make a g code for an m9 but if you remove the goofy little foregrip in the m93 you still have some added area or whatever you want to call it to the trigger guard, Would the m9 holster still work??

That sounds like a question you would have to ask them directly.  My guess is more than likely not, since hard holsters are designed to be a snug fit. 

[side note, here is a really good article comparing G-Code & Serpa holsters: http://www.airsoftgitv.com/?p=3000 ]

If you do decide to go with G-Code, definately get the RTI (Rapid Transition Interface).  It allows instant holster swapping as well as almost 360° draw angle.

You can also look around your area for someone to press a custom kydex holster, because of that handle.  That still would be a 100% better then the fabric holsters that condor offers and you wouldn't have to worry about losing a mag.

I would have the holster maker have it mount to the RTI wheel stud plate as mentioned above.  I have my safarilands and serpa (yuk) mounted on a RTI wheel to my first line.  I don't use my serpa any more.  I've actually had very fine dust accumulate in the release button and I had to take a screwdriver handle to push it down.  Also, it's unsafe for me due to the trigger finger placement upon draw.

IMO your ultimate option would be to have g-code press out a custom lower section (cowling) of the modular SOC holster.  That way, if you want to use a regular 92/96 (or real steel) you would just have to change the cowling out to match.  Your barrel may stick out of the bottom of the holster, but at least you have a little more usability beyond the Raffica.

G-code has excellent customer service and the guys there won't lol@you for playing airsoft. http://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/SOC.html