American MilSim
Metal

Uniform Questions

A thread featuring this subject was inevitable, so let's just get it going now.....

D9 has been looking at combat t-shirts. These have the pockets at the velcro on the sleeve and are 100% the base camo patern and not just the base color ie. tan/green. Due to the usually high temps of this OP, we feel that a combat T would be ideal. Will these be allowed?

A thread featuring this subject was inevitable, so let's just get it going now.....

D9 has been looking at combat t-shirts. These have the pockets at the velcro on the sleeve and are 100% the base camo patern and not just the base color ie. tan/green. Due to the usually high temps of this OP, we feel that a combat T would be ideal. Will these be allowed?

Yes.

We are also discussing adding Kyptek to the SF / Special teams allowed patterns.

On the topic of uniform questions...

What do you consider to be a "full squad?"  In the event team breakdown, it says that for either team's special units (SOF/QRF and Corp Military) that you only accept full squads, and I just wanted to clear that up.

Also, when will we be finding out what those TBD uniforms are?

Thanks.

On the topic of uniform questions...

What do you consider to be a "full squad?"  In the event team breakdown, it says that for either team's special units (SOF/QRF and Corp Military) that you only accept full squads, and I just wanted to clear that up.

Also, when will we be finding out what those TBD uniforms are?

Thanks.

A cohesive squad of players that have worked together that can physically hump  a 25kg "widget" 800 meters through enemy lines without being noticed and/or firing a shot kinda "full squad".

or

A cohesive squad of players that have worked together that can physically out maneuver a vastly larger force to gain terrain superiority and tear them a new asshole.

So in short, teams that are physically fit, totally self-sufficient and excellent at coordination, teamwork, strategy, and geared properly. i.e. M7

Not sure on the Uniform TBD, most likely in the next 10 days.

Grey still good for Civi Militia?

CDF: Civil Defense Force

Local Guerilla Forces - Street Clothes

So yes you can wear grey,pretty much anything that isn't tan, black and red/pants, shirts and hats since this is going to be RSO and MOD uniform standards. 

I vote UFS should get Dibs on the Navy AOR 2 pattern....:-) 

I think you mean AOR1 for USF, but it does seem like it would work for the Tan side as long as Desert MARPAT isn't a special team

aorpic1a.jpg

I love you guys, but I don't want a 20 page thread knit picking the uniform requirements.

We have been pretty lax on players wearing the correct uniform, but that shit is going to stop at OBH II. If you don't have the ability to AT LEAST follow the uniform code, then you won't be allowed on the AO until your uniform issue is corrected and we will probably force you to take an IQ test, since you can't read or decided not to follow instructions.

Squad Leaders will be held responsible for the appearance of their squads and adhering to uniform requirements. 

This is Milsim, there is a reason standing Army's have uniforms, why they match, why they conduct inspections, etc...

Take pride in your faction, yourself and your fellow players by having the PROPER UNIFORM and following directions.

While there are some "special teams" that will have different uniform requirements, there are NO UNIQUE SNOWFLAKES that can wear whatever ball cap they want, top, mix match ,etc... we are really going to be dropping the hammer down on people this year, don't be the asshat we make an example of for not following directions.

XXOO,

JP

Y'know, if you had one side stick with Woodland and the other side stick with DCU and said NOPE to all the other fu-fu patterns and all the 'special' teams and extraneous horse muffins you would cut out a lot of headaches and other problems.

Just my  $0.02.

Most often the 'special' teams are like the Special Olympics.

Y'know, if you had one side stick with Woodland and the other side stick with DCU and said NOPE to all the other fu-fu patterns and all the 'special' teams and extraneous horse muffins you would cut out a lot of headaches and other problems.

Just my  $0.02.

Most often the 'special' teams are like the Special Olympics.

I hear where you are coming from Doc, but...

Multiple uniforms are not the issue, we do this so people don't have to go bout and buy a new set of BDUs. People just simply need to follow instructions and adhere to the uniform rules.

I love you guys, but I don't want a 20 page thread knit picking the uniform requirements.

We have been pretty lax on players wearing the correct uniform, but that shit is going to stop at OBH II. If you don't have the ability to AT LEAST follow the uniform code, then you won't be allowed on the AO until your uniform issue is corrected and we will probably force you to take an IQ test, since you can't read or decided not to follow instructions.

Squad Leaders will be held responsible for the appearance of their squads and adhering to uniform requirements. 

This is Milsim, there is a reason standing Army's have uniforms, why they match, why they conduct inspections, etc...

Take pride in your faction, yourself and your fellow players by having the PROPER UNIFORM and following directions.

While there are some "special teams" that will have different uniform requirements, there are NO UNIQUE SNOWFLAKES that can wear whatever ball cap they want, top, mix match ,etc... we are really going to be dropping the hammer down on people this year, don't be the asshat we make an example of for not following directions.

XXOO,

JP

napoleond.jpg

GOSH!!

My question is: if the squad leader decides combat shirts. Does everyone in the squad have to run them or cab some where a BDU top? I know squads have to match and some guys we plan on running with at Broken Home wanted to know if they have to go buy them too or can they run their BDU tops. Sorry just needed some clarification.

I do truly hope that there will not be so many issues at 1876. All of these active duty patterns won't be allowed onto the base. I am new to all of this, but I really don't understand how this is so complicated. You look at that list, and put on the uniform of the unit you are signed up for.

to quote Doc ...... Just my $.02

I think the main thing is not having some guys running MARPAT along with DCU's/BDU's when they should be running all one pattern. For instance like when i asked earlier about combat t-shirts, if my squad decides to run those then we can mt have one or two huys decide that they don't want to and go abead and show ip in conat ahirts or BDU tops because they'll stand out like a sore thumb. If you decide helmets, don't have one guy running a beanie, patrol cap, or boonie. The point is military SIMULATION. We are simulating being in the military and carrying out military style combat and tactics and therefore we need to LOOK like we're at least disciplined enough to have all the same basic head gear and uniform patterns.

My question is: if the squad leader decides combat shirts. Does everyone in the squad have to run them or cab some where a BDU top? I know squads have to match and some guys we plan on running with at Broken Home wanted to know if they have to go buy them too or can they run their BDU tops. Sorry just needed some clarification.

I also would appreciate a direct response to this. As far as I am concerned, if I decide to wear ACU styled desert digital, that is what everyone else on my squad must wear.

I remember last year that if someone wanted to just go with a tan t-shirt, that we all had to do the same.

Is it okay to go: ACU tops and Combat shirts? Or must it be: ACU/combat shirt tops for all or Combat shirts for all? Also, do our covers/helmets have to match? Can we go tan and desert digital? Or must it be tan/desert digital for all?

Clarification would be much appreciated.

ACU (The pattern not the BDU cut) is NOT ALLOWED at AMS event, that's why its not listed.

BDU style or Combat Shirt is fine, not matter what pattern.

We have Literally LISTED all the patterns that YOU CAN WEAR, minus special teams. Please adhere to this list.

Again BDU or Combat Top is fine.

Thanks,

JP

I agree on the uniforms, however the comment on everyone running helmets or boonies or hats is a little to much I think. Say for instance I have a mich 2001. So you have an ops-core guess you'll have to go buy a much 2001. I really think that is a little out of control, that means everyone needs the same knee pads and all their gear has to match 100% no questions asked. And my $65 pair of issued combat boots have to be $200+ pair of oackley boots because someone has a bunch of money to spend on Airsoft. Not to mention everyone has to go out and get a polar star now because some people have them and we have to all match. I think you guys get my point. I like the matching uni's but matching helmets and all the other stuff is wack man. It's to much for people to buy just to match. Plus in Milsim it's 95% mental, what I mean is if your in a Milsim mindset it can work for you. If all your worried about is "do I have the same helmet as all the guys in my squad" then your not going to get the most out of an op.