American MilSim
Legion

End State Comms

Was wondering if you guys would be programming some of our radios (IE the Baofengs that we got from you guys) to the channels that each person respective teams will be running, like you guys did for OPRY or if we are just going to stick to keying it in ourselves. 

Was wondering if you guys would be programming some of our radios (IE the Baofengs that we got from you guys) to the channels that each person respective teams will be running, like you guys did for OPRY or if we are just going to stick to keying it in ourselves. 

Ye, we will program Boafengs.

Hey I bought a Baofeng Bf-888s and ordered a USB programming cable for it. Tried to get it set up using BF-480 software which is what the bf-888 uses but can't get the cable to recognize anything. Downloaded about 10 different USB drivers and still no joy. After 4 hours of messing with it I've given up. Is there anyone in the Tulsa area that can help or can program a Baofeng BEFORE we leave for the op?

Hey I bought a Baofeng Bf-888s and ordered a USB programming cable for it. Tried to get it set up using BF-480 software which is what the bf-888 uses but can't get the cable to recognize anything. Downloaded about 10 different USB drivers and still no joy. After 4 hours of messing with it I've given up. Is there anyone in the Tulsa area that can help or can program a Baofeng BEFORE we leave for the op?

We can try to program it on site, not sure if we can do 888.

On the side note you can program it by hand, you will only need to program in your Factions Command Freq, squad's freq and emergency freq.

Here is the open source programming tool that works better than the one created by the manufacture. The usb cable is only 10 bucks and worth it if you plan on changing channel programming. It was even updated recently. 

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

It does both puxing and baofengs as well as many more, unfortunately the 888s aren't listed. 

If you are using CHIRP then you will want to make sure the following:

-Under 'Tone Mode' you will want to set it to 'TSQL'.  This will use the same PL Tone (sub channel) for transmit and receive.  If you have it set to 'Tone' then it will only use the PL Tone when transmitting.

-Make sure the 'Mode' variable is set to 'NFM' and not 'FM'.  'NFM' is for NarrowFM.

Feel free to PM if anyone has further CHIRP questions.

I'm very glad you guys are programming baofengs. I got mine in today and it might as well be written in greek. Can you say "fish out of water"