American MilSim
Chevy18436572

Different Camos

Because AMS runs games at military installations. ACU, MARPAT and Desert Marpat are all active duty garrison uniforms. Multicam is not a garrison uniform and is only being used by deployed forces in Afghanistan.

And because people are dumb. If they said it was ok to wear the uniform to ESR19 (which isn't a military installation) then people would instinctively think they could wear it to Rebel Yell (which is a military installation) because people never read a damn thing.

Most poeple don't care about others, game flow, or making the game easier on the event handler (AMS). They just want to look spiffy and do what they want to do. AMS is a bunch of cool guys and I'm sure they don't want to kick people off of the field. If the rules say "Dress in x y z " then you need to dress in X Y Z or get it approved by an admin. If the rules say you need to dress in an 'afghanistan insurgent' load out, don't show up in a PMC load out.

A huge part of this game is immersion. It's fun. When you fail to follow the rules you break that immersion and make the game confusing for other teams.

Not specifically aimed at anyone, just sort of a blanket rant over uniforms. Beinging someone who runs a field and has run a small OP it is extremely aggrivating having people show up who haven't read the uniform rules or show up in unsantioned uniforms.

That being said, can I run Multicam pants with my black t shirt and green hat? I think this really makes me 'shine' and want to look as cool as possible.

kthnx JP

Some one mentioned paint ball masks having to match the camo or base color, first is this true? And secondly, I have black goggles (clear lenses) with an black plastic lower face mask that is separate, do I need to paint that as well to match my base camo color?

Some one mentioned paint ball masks having to match the camo or base color, first is this true? And secondly, I have black goggles (clear lenses) with an black plastic lower face mask that is separate, do I need to paint that as well to match my base camo color?

I would also like to know the answer to this as I'm rocking a black vest. Is that going to be a problem? If so I need to know ASAP so I can get a new one before I leave tomorrow. Thanks!

Gentlemen, gear color is irrelevant... that includes masks, vests, pouches, patches, boots, pens, notebooks, and reticles. The only things that have to be uniform are your camouflage, headwear, and socks; anyone caught wearing one tan and one green sock will be judged a traitor to their cause.

I was just confused as to which category paintball masks fell under, if they would be considered helmet or gear.