American MilSim
Chevy18436572

Different Camos

My brother likes to rock the desert MARPAT, however i like Multicam... would these different camos be split into 2 different teams on the united federal states? or would we be placed together.

They would have to be split onto different specific squads. Most regular desert camo patterns are left to the standard 'Army' or 'Marines' while ATACS, solid tan, or MC is left to Special Forces and QRF.

Looking at other threads and the registration page (for O:ESR19), Desert MARPAT is not an approved uniform. He will have to rock MC, 3color or ATACS to be approved for gameplay. And for you two to play together you will have to wear the same uni.. as the other fellas have posted.

Just a heads up.

Im ufs and was wondering are dark blue jeans and tan top ok, or is tan top to bottom a must?

Both top and bottom must match, and you have to wear the same camo as your squad. So double check what your squad is wearing. Outerwear, ie jacket, and headgear only have to be tan. No restrictions on gear, ie vest, colors.

The camo has to match tops and bottoms, just like Spektre has stated, gear can be whatever color you want it to be, outerwear and headgear can be a solid color but still have to match the sides color you are wear i.e. Green or Tan... 

Both top and bottom must match, and you have to wear the same camo as your squad. So double check what your squad is wearing. Outerwear, ie jacket, and headgear only have to be tan. No restrictions on gear, ie vest, colors.

Yes, top and bottom must match it's called a Uniform, there is reason standing armies issue them. 

Not to pick on you, but everyone that attends or plans to attend an  AMS event should own at least a full set of Woodland, 3 Color Tan or Multicam BDUs.

For some reason this always seems to be an issue, the more you immerse yourself and put yourself in the role of a Cost of UFS solider the more fun you will have and you start that by at least dressing the part.

I think people should not be allowed to play without matching top and bottom's, and beyond that matching their squad.

That's why we have these rules there so people can see what is needed before coming to an event.... If you come to an AMS event and don't have the proper gear or uniform then you must be retarded and not read the forums or the rule set... We make this as easy as possibly to get your gear and have it ready by the time the event starts, So yes you have to have matching uniforms unless you are playing a militia or guerrilla group. Its common sense, you're in a standing army that dresses the same, no exceptions..

Blah blah. $60 helmet cover on a $60 helmet? That's just stupid. Ill just get a tan sniper veil and cut it to size.

What about our guys with black JT paintball helmet? Do theirs need to be tan too?

Blah blah. $60 helmet cover on a $60 helmet? That's just stupid. Ill just get a tan sniper veil and cut it to size.

What about our guys with black JT paintball helmet? Do theirs need to be tan too?

Helmet needs to match base color.

Or if you don't feel like matching then join the CDF! We can always use more able bodies! :)

... but no seriously, what's the deal with no marine digital camo on a bunch AMS games? It's a very common, cheap camo and blends way better into the environment then 3 color. Just sayin.

Or if you don't feel like matching then join the CDF! We can always use more able bodies! :)

... but no seriously, what's the deal with no marine digital camo on a bunch AMS games? It's a very common, cheap camo and blends way better into the environment then 3 color. Just sayin.

I think this is an attempt to stay away from current issue camoflague colors. Since some games take place on actual military bases the wear of the uniform could be confussing to some, or for some die-hard-mo-tards, a sign of disrespect. This is why most green/tan colors are older issue patterns, or more advanced patterns such as A-TACS which is not standard issue.

I think this is an attempt to stay away from current issue camoflague colors. Since some games take place on actual military bases the wear of the uniform could be confussing to some, or for some die-hard-mo-tards, a sign of disrespect. This is why most green/tan colors are older issue patterns, or more advanced patterns such as A-TACS which is not standard issue.

This.

This whole "Matching" that is supposed to be going on is to lessen confusion among players. We have ALL been to Ops where people complain BC someone is wearing one color top and a different bottom or one color bottom a black top and a different hat or helmet. We try and make these rules and guidelines as simple and easy as possible to help out the overall gameplay. It makes for a better time for all when you know that someone is either on your team or not. Theres nothing worse than getting hit by someone who wears multiple camos or differentiates them self from a group by wearing completely different shit as everyone else. We try to make it fair, not complicated

Wait wait wait.. so you're telling me I CAN'T wear my Denver Bronco pajama bottoms and a Dallas Cowboys Starter coat? As long as I have a tan hat I'll be good right?

/sarcasm

You can get cheap uniforms on ebay for 20 bucks a set.  I now own 5 uniforms to make sure I can play in upscale events such as AMS.  It isn't an option, its the standard. Just read the requirements that are posted 5 months before the game and make sure you have everything to meet the criteria.

Gear up people, plastic is gonna fly soon! 

I think this is an attempt to stay away from current issue camoflague colors. Since some games take place on actual military bases the wear of the uniform could be confussing to some, or for some die-hard-mo-tards, a sign of disrespect.

If this is the case then what's the excuse for using Multicam in games then? That's been issued to spec ops for years and regular US Army for over 2 years. I understand what you're saying though, just don't know why its not the same across the board. And how does this apply to somewhere like Roosevelt that's not a base? (Although is close to Ft. Sill) I'm just tryin to understand AMS events better is all.

Multicam is not a "standard issue" uniform (as in authorized for garrison use), so most installations will still allow it on site. I think the idea behind the authorized camo list is much simpler than that though: AMS tries to use patterns that are commonly available to everyone, to limit the cost to individual players while maintaining some uniformity.

Multicam is not a "standard issue" uniform (as in authorized for garrison use), so most installations will still allow it on site. I think the idea behind the authorized camo list is much simpler than that though: AMS tries to use patterns that are commonly available to everyone, to limit the cost to individual players while maintaining some uniformity.

Truth. Multicam = expensive. Tri-color DCU = cheap and easy to find.